Shotgun on poster

It seems many people are trying to figure out what exact kind of shotgun the woman (samantha) is holding in the poster. Why people want to know the exact shotgun, I don't know but here it is.

It is a Remington. The stock in the picture is closest to a remington.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why people are calling it a shotgun.

If I had to guess it would be a winchester 1894 or possibly a Henry, in something like .30-30. Remington are not an obvious choice for a lever action, and neither is a shotgun.

The most iconic and obvious choice.

The caption for the picture in the twitter feed was "Grab your shotguns!...." So, that leads a lot of us to believe it's a shotgun.

Then no, it definately has an under barrel tube magazine which makes the barrel far too small for a shotgun, which in this case would look like an "olympia" due to the magazine + barrel. In fact I don't even know of any other lever action shotguns then the winchester 1887 (featured in MW2/3) which only had a partial length magazine.

The caption for the picture in the twitter feed was "Grab your shotguns!...." So, that leads a lot of us to believe it's a shotgun.

Then no, it definately has an under barrel tube magazine which makes the barrel far too small for a shotgun, which in this case would look like an "olympia" due to the magazine + barrel. In fact I don't even know of any other lever action shotguns then the winchester 1887 (featured in MW2/3) which only had a partial length magazine.

There are lever action shotguns out there. They are rare but they are out there. The ONLY reason I went with it being a shotgun is because the tweet said grab your shotguns. If it said grab your rifles then of course it would of been a Remington/Winchester/Henry/Rossi.

I agree with you it does look like a typical 30-30 leveraction with the full barrel length tube but everyone jumped on the shotgun band wagon and so I figured it to be like a Remington Model 1886 (not 1887) 410 lever action shotgun.

• 2 weeks later...

If it's a Lever Action Shotgun it could be a Martini-Henry

British Gun.

[ Image ]

I have one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_KLxiDTTmQ

More accurately described as a tilting block action, mines a .357 magnum and they are single shot but yes some were converted to 12ga.

Still don't see any real reason to say its a shotgun at all though, my moneys on an artistic impression of a rifle. Though its a good find the remington if you stand by it being a shotgun craftyshot, probably a gun originally in .45-70? as they will chamber and fire .410 shotshells.