How Do You Reach Round 50 (co-op) Without Getting Bored?

*Edit: Sorry, I just realised this has been posted under the wrong section of the forum.

I absolutely love playing zombies and really want to get to round 50 on every map, but whenever I attempt to get to a high round I find the repetitiveness gets too much for me and I become bored after 30 rounds. Any tips to overcome this?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if it is a problem of getting bored I suggest leaving something for your mind to rest on whilst you slay the undead, E.G. an audio book. I find them really good if I'm doing a gamingthon or maybe listen to some stand up comedy.

If you do not have a mic near I suggest you grab a mic and talk to your buddy.

Or maybe listen to some tunes like Game over, Ascend or Eddy (Is a liar) (All by twodownmusic

Playing solo is even more boring. I lose focus once I get mustang and sally with ray gun.

Co-op little better but still slow.

I find myself hurrying the rounds taking more risks.

I give people with high rounds much much credit but it feels too much like work.

Two Down sucks haha.

But honestly, the way I got to 48 on Kino was by focusing on what I wanted, and that was to beat my high round. Then my friend and I just kept conversation up.

Opinions *cough*

Also we can't say for sure is something sucks because some say Black Ops sucks and some say it fucking rocks. Thing is I hate slang.

OT: Just listen to whatever music you like OP.

As long as I'm doing a some what fast strat and have some one to talk to, I can play for hours. If you think it gets boring than try a hard strat eg. the alley way on kino or spawn on ascension. This keeps thing interesting as well as make thing go faster.

As long as I'm doing a some what fast strat and have some one to talk to, I can play for hours. If you think it gets boring than try a hard strat eg. the alley way on kino or spawn on ascension. This keeps thing interesting as well as make thing go faster.

This. Try a quicker strategy that's more challenging but rewarding and like Riley said, as long as you have some one to talk to you are good.

The best way to get to a high round is to time your rounds after round 40ish. I have done two 24 hour games, round 77 on Ascension 2 player and Kino round 75 2 player (I was still a noob when i did these 2 high round games). The only way to get to a high round is keeping track of your times, any high round player will tell you this.

Boredom is part of going for a high round but the only thing that will keep you going is the timing thing i mentioned.

This. Try a quicker strategy that's more challenging but rewarding and like Riley said, as long as you have some one to talk to you are good.

Agreed. Switch up strategies but be sure to have a fast strategy to expedite the game. Oh, and try to pick a map that doesn't take forever like CoTD. Trap maps are quicker than most others.

Agreed. Switch up strategies but be sure to have a fast strategy to expedite the game. Oh, and try to pick a map that doesn't take forever like CoTD. Trap maps are quicker than most others.

What strategy did you use to get to round 50 on SNN?

To 50 quickly....hmm, tough one.

TG will come up short on ammo in the 40s on any map. I actually sense that Shang could be the quickest potential map to 50 in coop even sans dog or monkey rounds.

With no downs and brisk early play this map should be doable within 3 hours.

I'm sure people will say Ascension and alternate traps and TG but using a trap on Ascension takes a long time to gather afterwards, as you are going to be in a huge area.

I'd say to relieve the boredom do it on a tough map. If you do it on an easy one it will become entirely repetitive.

What strategy did you use to get to round 50 on SNN?

way2g00 and I split up and used traps. He ran in the fishing hut using the flogger and I ran the comm room using the electrical fence there. Our game took forever because my trap cooled down about twice as slowly as his. Eventually, he traded the waffe to me so I could use a shot or two during my trap's cooldown. I wouldn't recommend SNN if you get bored easily unless you come up with a "join-up" strategy and use the flogger. I imagine that would be faster, but more difficult.

Also, running the fishing hut right next to the flogger can be difficult if you aren't communicating with your teammate when you kill off zombies or if you end up with most of the spawners. Those downs can take up a lot of time as well, but 50 on SNN is pretty rewarding because of the time and effort you have to put into it, IMO.

Our Der Riese run was much faster and took something like 4 to 4 and half hours. You can find it on way's youtube channel TeamGrimReapers. He cycled between the Thompson and the mainframe using that trap and I used the power switch trap.

Actually snn Is way easy to get 50. Thompson and fishing hut trains merge with double flogger. 5and5 showed me a brilliant trick to use flogger twice ..

Sorry for going off topic..

I agree. Snn is actually a great level to reach level 50 with in a reasonable time.

Honestly, getting to 50 was never really boring before, especially on Co-Op with a buddy. It's the rounds after that. They really start to drag when the only effective weapons are the Thundergun, Wave Gun, etc. and traps.