8 players, new modes ON ZOMBIES?

Speaking to Official PlayStation Magazine UK Treyarch studio head Mark Lamia has hinted at the future of Black Ops 2 zombies.

"Our zombies fans want more zombies,” he revealed somewhat unsurprisingly. Hang on though, he’s going somewhere with this. “They literally want more zombies and they want more ways to play” (see). That means Black Ops 2 will be expanding on what the previous games have done before with the undead.

“They want bigger maps” says Lamia. “They want even more interesting things to do inside these levels. So we are crafting new worlds, creating new game modes and bigger worlds.” Much of what this new zombies will bring is partly due to an undead tech upgrade. “We’ve actually put [zombies] inside of our multiplayer engine and it’s capable of doing twice as many zombies, twice as many co-op players.”

Eight player zombies is more than just a bigger set up, it’s changing the entire game. “There are actually new modes,” says Lamia. “There’s classic mode that you guys are used to but there are going to be new modes. [Twice as many co-op players] introduces some interesting new gameplay modes. Perhaps you can think of some team game modes where there might be fun to be had?”

I personally think it should be increased and it is! Now I can play with more friends.

What do you think?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If that's 110% legit, then damn... they are giving a lot more info on zombies a LOT sooner than I would have anticipated.

That line under the "story" option gives me the chills in a very exciting way;

"You will understand everything."

:D

I'd love a lot of new modes and such as long as it doesn't mess with the core zombies playstyle.

Also, does anyone else have a bad feeling that this leaked "story" screenshot is just going to be a quick summarizing cutscene and not a campaign? :(

dude i really dont mind if they made 2 campaign, one for zombies and another for the 'real life'. Just for the fact that they will made a campaign and explain the zombies history i am very happy.

What do you guys think about a multiplayer in the zombies lab where its like team deathmatch and for some dificult mode it have some zombies getting out from windows and we have to kill everything... lol it would be crazy!

if all this is legit of course

I kinda sorta posted this first...

But besides the point, the pic might not be real, because it was leaked per say.

Oh. Sorry.

But they DID talk to PS Magazine, so it is unlikely that it was leaked entirely by accident.

No, the pic was leaked. The article was not. That is what I'm referring to.

Whether this is real or not it sends chills down my spine!!!

SURVIVAL: SURVIVE AGAINST HORDES OF UNDEAD. Just think of the maps and 8 player zombies with 80 zombies available :D

And with STORY: YOU WILL UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING. This is just amazing, going to be honest, I really couldn't care less whether this is real, it has just got me pumped for zombies.

Just the thought of Treyarch giving the zombies team freedom to do what they want. he he

And the MAKE YOUR CHOICE part at the bottom. Almost makes me think that our 'heroes' have got some tough decisions to make.

But being serious I quite like this idea of having a Story and then a survival AS LONG AS IT IS NOTHING LIKE MW3 CAMPAIGN & SPEC OPS (hated it). Although i would also like some easter eggs in survive mode, just to shake things up. :D