8 Players.. why it's not bad.. at all

8 Players is only a good thing, here is why, if zombies can handle 8 players.. then that means that 4 players will run way more smoothly. 8 players comes with new modes, I doubt you have to have a full 8 to play these modes, what about 6 or 5. 5 would be ideal, there is always that one guy left out of zombies. There will clearly be the classic 4 player zombies mode, anyone who thinks there wont be is mistaken. You can continue to play with 3 other randoms if you are not interested in the 8 player aspect. And most importantly, you don't have to play with 7 other people, they are not forcing you to have 8 player zombie games. You can go classic with 4 or do the new modes with 4!!

There is only good coming out of the ability to allow 8 players to play.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't like the idea of more than 4 players in a Zombies game. It seems like it would be too chaotic and I also think it will take away from the feelings of isolation and dependancy on your teammates that have made Zombies such an intense game mode. Now it seems like it will just be a big free-for-all. Anyways, I hope this was misinterpreted by reporters, cause I really hate the idea of having an 8-player co-op team in Zombies. Perhaps it's only for one (or several) of the new Zombies gane modes they mentioned. Either way, I hope classic 4-player Zombies will remain a focus of Treyarch's. I'd hate to see Zombies go down the shitter like many survival modes in games have and become more of a shooting gallery mode than a real survival mode.

To add on to this, having 8 players, especially in a "Classic" game mode would mean larger maps and possibly split up players, like there were in Verrückt. Furthermore, map elements would also have to be changed, for example, eight people fighting over a single mystery box wouldn't be practical so perhaps there will be more than one box available? Also an increase in spawn locations for boxes considering how large the maps may be. And obviously, more zombies, which means more zombie spawn points, perhaps different varieties of zombies such as on Shangri-La etc. Thats all i could think of at the moment, add more in when I'm done my homework :D

I'm about to sound like an idiot, but has it been confirmed yet that 8-person zombies will be available?

No confirmation, only speculation

It HAS been actually. here

But it's not the 8 players I'm worried about. It's the rumor of story mode. I actually think 8 players could potentially be very fun. Doesn't have to be the standard survival mode either, that may stick to 4 people.

It HAS been actually. here

But it's not the 8 players I'm worried about. It's the rumor of story mode. I actually think 8 players could potentially be very fun. Doesn't have to be the standard survival mode either, that may stick to 4 people.

Wow, thanks a lot for the link, that's pretty sweet. I'm not worried at all about how zombies will change, as long as there is the original mode (survive as long as possible with 1-4 people) I really am open to changes. I am actually very pleased with Treyarch for going out on a limb and just doing this whole future thing, and changing multiplayer and zombies a lot. It takes guts to do that for these guys because their business depends on it. Super excited for it to come out and to see what they changed.

Personally I think and 8 player zombie mode would cause sooo much nerdrage it's not even funny. All because of the fact that: The more players in the game, The harder zombies are to kill and faster. Meaning that zombies get stronger much faster. Also i do like to play long games, but they said 4 player game mode will return so not really my problem.

Just my 2 cents. :geek:

I don't like the idea of a set story mode. All we know about the zombie storyline is through easter eggs, big and small. Having a story mode (in my opinion) would take away that eerie, where the heck am I and why feeling when I'm running trains aura. Also, how could they implement a story? I don't think they would let us free roam in a vast world, no Cod has done that. Would be something like you have to survive Nacht for like 25 rounds, and then there's some cutscene of the men entering Verruckt? It would be weird, is what I'm saying.

I don't like the idea of a set story mode. All we know about the zombie storyline is through easter eggs, big and small. Having a story mode (in my opinion) would take away that eerie, where the heck am I and why feeling when I'm running trains aura. Also, how could they implement a story? I don't think they would let us free roam in a vast world, no Cod has done that. Would be something like you have to survive Nacht for like 25 rounds, and then there's some cutscene of the men entering Verruckt? It would be weird, is what I'm saying.

maybe they will implement it like the origin of the original characters and some more backstory but i just think that they will only do a story mode with the maps of black ops and WAW but definatly not the new ones

I do agree with you, aside from cutscenes at the beginning (like five) I also think that the story should really be told through easter eggs and stuff that you find in the map...like all the clues in der riese.

Can someone tell me if they will still be making small maps suited for 4 players? I have a feeling there going to be making maps which are waay to big only suited for 8 players. Imagine playing in a party of 2 on a map twice the size of COTD? If i/my friend downs on COTD it takes quite a long time to get to the person thus making spectating more likely. So, anyone know what there doing with this 8 players multiplayer engine stuff?

Can someone tell me if they will still be making small maps suited for 4 players? I have a feeling there going to be making maps which are waay to big only suited for 8 players. Imagine playing in a party of 2 on a map twice the size of COTD? If i/my friend downs on COTD it takes quite a long time to get to the person thus making spectating more likely. So, anyone know what there doing with this 8 players multiplayer engine stuff?

From what I understand, the 8 player thing might only be for other modes. I could be wrong, though.

If they are going to implant a story mode into this new mode, then I disagree with massive easter eggs being used, I love playing the game, I just dont have the time to do them, I'm going to uni next year so my time would be limited, I prefer easters eggs like the ones on Der Riese, through radios and stuff, alternate maybe more in some maps, and these types of maps mean more of the story can be added. And to say it isn't already a storymode, is rediculous, it's been a story since Verruckt (And that map was scary), and a story-mode may make it more eerier.

All I want is the zombies to be equally formidable, make them faster. Make it challenging, it's no fun to outrun them, although they seem smart enough to cut me off, there's always one at the end of the corridor that uses its wide assortment of brains.