Vehicles in Black Ops II

From my analysis of the reveal I have noticed and ID'ed most of the vehicles shown in it, and they're closest real life counterparts.

TACITUS transport:

This is a transport aircraft in the game. It looks to be for civilian and peaceful usage, since no armaments are visible. Undefined logo on the tail makes it possibly a TACITUS aircraft.

Boeing V22 Opsrey:

The Osprey is the same it used to be, except now it's turbo-props have been replaced by jet turbines. And instead of carrying soldiers, it carries quad rotors, our new main infantry. Basically just a super-Osprey. Will be controllable in the game, confirmed by footage from the POV of the Osprey gunner in the trailer. (sorry no screenshot but I'm sure you saw it)

TACITUS Quadrotor/Quadrotor Overwatch.

Just for specification, the Quadrotor is the unarmed version, and the Overwatch is the armed one with the SMG mount. This will be the main system used by the army, as it appears to be like our new infantry. It's only armament is the SMG cannon mounted underneath. It has cameras and sensors for reconnaissance purposes. It will be controllable in the game.

The CLAW

The CLAW is the name of this walker-like unmanned tank. It looks like an AT-TE from Star Wars. It's got a large side mounted cannon, and many infrared sensors, and it's got a 360 degree M134 Gatling Gun mounted on the top.

X-47C?

This will be a recon/stealth attack UAV drone in the next drone. It appears to be based off of Northrop Grumman's X-47B drone, but it has minor differences which lead me to believe it is rather a more futuristic version of it.

It's hard to discern since all modern Flying Wing design UCAVs look incredibly similar :P

Ground Attack Drone

I don't recall it having a specific name so I just called it this.

It appears to have multi barrel, metal storm, style cannons on it. Likely inspired by the Terminator 3 robots.

for those of you who don't know, Metal Storm, is a name for a new type of weapons, which has all the rounds stacked in a barrel, and they are triggered to detonate by electric impulses. It can fire in upwards of 15,000 rpm. (that's 15x as fast as the Vector in mw2).

General Atomics Avenger

The General Atomics Avenger UCAV is an unmanned attack vehicle, with the same armaments as a Reaper drone, except they are stored in an internal bay and has better stealth capabilities. Not much else to say.

Oh yeah and it will be controllable in the game. In the trailer there is a brief clip of a craft firing a hellfire missile guided by an infrared laser through a thermal camera. i.e., it works like a Reaper.

UH60 Blackhawk

The Blackhawk is returning, apparently the only manned aircraft left. It is the standard transport/utility helicopter in service in the USAF. Appears to have the same armaments as the other campaign ones in the Modern Warfare games.

Mil MI-24 'HIND'

Yes the infamous Hind is back again. It is seen in the flashback mission in Yemen, Socotra Island, 1987. It's been the standard Russian gunship for decades and serviced throughout the globe for it's affordability, ruggedness, and tough armaments. Very popular in Russia, and the Middle East.

MiG 23 Flogger

This the MiG 23 flogger,it's an old MiG design from the 80s, I believe made to counter the F14 Tomcat. Either way, it's the only Russian born jet in the game, along with the hind in that image confirms middle eastern air combat.

New unmanned Fighter Jet F22/35

There is a new jet in this game, which is basically a combination of everything awesome in fighter jets. It's a combination of the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter and the F-22 Raptor.

It's armaments appear to inner mounted gatling guns, as one of the images above show them firing. And if I know anything about aircraft, it's likely got missiles in it's indoor bay.

And then below you see it coming out of a massive turn into a hover, showing that this aircraft is unmanned and has Thrust Vectoring capabilities, which basically means it can channel the force of the engine. As you can see air coming out of outlet nozzles underneath the aircraft. And since it's almost impossible for human to survive that force, I would have to believe it's unmanned.

But for sure it is based off the F22's body, and the F35's design.

That shows how Thrust Vectoring works I would hope.

Clearly based off the F35:

IsIzjVi7j4

also note it will be controllable, I saw some shots of the plane in a pilots view, or probably the cameras view ;)

Overall looks like this game will be booming with amazing future technology.

Enjoy.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...