Analysis of BO II poster - Apocalypse, Kukulcan, Vril

This might seem like an obvious direction to go in but I thought I'd share my thoughts on the new poster that was released.

The first observation I made was the red/orange background colour which is similar to area 51 after completing The Big Bang Theory. Therefore leading me to assume that this follows soon after the incidents on Moon and that we are back on Earth.

Next, on the right hand side there is a water pump, because of this I assume we are in the US as they are not very prominent in European countries. (Well they aren't in the UK anyway.)

Then there are the fissures in the ground, typical of a massive earthquake (or nuke strike?). There seems to be concrete broken and scattered which again support this.

Lastly, there is the woman holding a skull in typical attire of a post-apocalyptic world (it reminds me of Zombieland/Terminator Salvation). She is holding what looks like an Olympia shotgun, a US product and would likely be outdated in a fururistic 2025 world, this again leads me to believe that it is set soon after Moon.

So, from what I can see we are in a zombie-ridden US city soon after the events on Moon, we are following a new character (probably a new group of people).

Fairly obvious but if anyone has anything to add or disagrees with then share your thoughts.

PS: There seems to be a hollow space underneath the ground. Perhaps it is just an artistic addition or maybe it is something else ie. Hollow Earth or Hell.

Please leave some feedback, thanks.

EDIT 1 - Face: Noticed something else. In the background about a third down the right 'I' there is what looks to be an eye with eyelashes and to the right of that further down is what looks like it could be a nose.

EDIT 2 - The Apocalypse: Thanks to xcodesterox and Jloves2game I now know that on the paper copy of the poster her hat has the numbers '1221' written on it. According to the Mayan Calendar the world is due to end on the 12th December 2012. Or 12-21-2012. 12-21.

it certainly ties in with the apocalypse theory.

I'm sure people can brainstorm as to where we go from there...

EDIT 3 - The Kukulcan: Oh shit, check this out. Could this be like the Richtofen shrine in Shangri-La? Or could it be a Vril-Ya like figure?

'The Mayan calendar ends on 12/21/2012. Or in Europe that would be written out as 21/12/2012. Either way it means December 21, 2012. The Mayans were a scary group of people. There is not doubt that this end date worries us. According to “interpretations” they received their information from an outside source. (UFO or Alien). The “Kukulcan” (as he was called) provided the Mayans with their astronomical information. Who was this guy? The Mayans described him as a tall white man who came from the sea. Some people argue that the Mayans were only predicting the end of one cycle and the beginning of a new one. But, maybe the Mayans knew the date that Wormwood was going to hit the earth.'

Found this on 'Kukulcan' too: http://voices.yahoo.com/the-mayan-mystery-was-kukulcan-quetzalcoatl-305566.html

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd also like to point out what she is holding in her left hand. Obviously the skull by it's hair, but it looks like some sort of light colored rock about softball size. Ununpentium?

And what's the dark shape covering her right foot? Kinda looks like a bomb or teddy bear silhouette.

I'm just going to put it out there. It's Sam. It goes with my thoughts on Sam from that thread viewtopic.php?f=81&t=20944

It did cross my mind that it could be Sam but then I thought a couple of things:

1) Sam is in Richtofen's body and I doubt they'd throw us back into zombies with no explanation as to how she got her body back.

2) She controlled the zombies, I can't imagine her taking pride in killing them by holding a skull up.

But that's exactly 3ARCS style to leave a huge hole there and let us figure it out through radios and other little clues.

Very risky on Treyarch's part to skip 10-15 years and have the main villain turned into a zombie killer though with no filler between. Not to mention if it's a post-apocalyptic background, ruined earth like the poster suggests.

But then again, we've had an alien space ship on a movie set in zombies before so that wouldn't be too abnormal to be honest haha.

Her hat says 1221,

Ummm I can't see that?

If it is there it sounds like it could be VERY important though

on the actual poster her hat says 1221. You can't see it on the image here though.

Interesting, definitely sounds like something significant.

EDIT: Going to edit my post with what I found

That does not look like a olympia shotgun at all. The olympia shotgun had curve on the area where enclosed hammer and wooden stock. But this doesnt have the curve.

Two theories i thought of. It could be another different double barrel shotgun. Or looks like winchester repeating rifle with a different wooden stock to me.

That does not look like a olympia shotgun at all. The olympia shotgun had curve on the area where enclosed hammer and wooden stock. But this doesnt have the curve.

Two theories i thought of. It could be another different double barrel shotgun. Or looks like winchester repeating rifle with a different wooden stock to me.

Oh right, thanks.

It does look like it could have a lever action reload.

I guess we won't know for sure until we see what's in the starting room in November.

Yes it does seem more like a Winchester classic model repeater, however a post on the Call of Duty official twitter says, grab your shotguns, not rifles....so it's a shotgun...it's also referenced with that picture, gentlemen, I think we're dealing with an apocalyptic scenario here, instead of a catastrophic event, its a zombie catastrophic event...shit's about to get real. :geek:

Has anyone noticed the weapon of some sort on her right leg it's the left leg when looking at the poster. To me it looks like it would maybe hold a blade of some sort. Check it out and let me know what yall think about that.

Oh yeah if you don't see it at first it's on the outer side of her leg.

Has anyone noticed the weapon of some sort on her right leg it's the left leg when looking at the poster. To me it looks like it would maybe hold a blade of some sort. Check it out and let me know what yall think about that.

It's been talked about around 5-10 posts above you.

It's been talked about around 5-10 posts above you.

To me it does'nt look like any gun " That's what it says 5 - 10 posts above me " but who knows this games based in the future. It looks like a holder for some type of blade of some sort. Hopefully a sword. If it is a sword that would explain the sebered zombie head she's toatin for a trophy.