Theatre Mode In Zombies?

We already know Zombies has been shifted over to the Multiplayer engine, and I was thinking about the features Multiplayer has that could be implemented into Zombies, and Theatre just came to me. If the gam can record millions of matches in real time from multiplayer, then surely it can do for Zombies. Thoughts?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We already know Zombies has been shifted over to the Multiplayer engine, and I was thinking about the features Multiplayer has that could be implemented into Zombies, and Theatre just came to me. If the gam can record millions of matches in real time from multiplayer, then surely it can do for Zombies. Thoughts?

Hm I agree! that way you can look back on things that you weren't recording.

But when they would do this it costs a lot more memory space than the multiplayer maps. Because the videos are longer then the regular 8-10 minute matches in MP.

PS: I think the hardcore zombiekillers already record everything with their own stuff!

I don't care about just recording streight gameplay, I'm more interested in the free cam stuff. It would widely open up the ability for zombies machinima, and could be used to make W@W style trailers of the maps, something Trearch got lazy with and in BO1 only did for Kino (and lately so).

I don't care about just recording streight gameplay, I'm more interested in the free cam stuff. It would widely open up the ability for zombies machinima, and could be used to make W@W style trailers of the maps, something Trearch got lazy with and in BO1 only did for Kino (and lately so).

Really, that's what i'd be most excited about. Zombies Machinimas would be epic.

Or a button on the D pad that we don't use, that way we can still pause. I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking about adding something like this.

Well on the D-pad there might be important things coming like maybe killstreaks or claymores.

I would put it on being an option in the main menu or the start menu.

I doubt killstreaks would be added to zombies, way too easy if you don't go down a lot. We have used Left for Masterkey/Grenade launcher, Up for Space helmet/hacker device and Right for Claymores/Spikemores/Bouncing Bettys. So I can imigine Down being a picture of a camera with a red record dot over it then when you press down it starts recording and the red dot turns into a stop square so when you press it again it stops. Also making it part of the D pad would give us easy use, that way if there was something we wanted to film we could get a split second record going, otherwise pausing to record could get you killed.

Ok that would be funny seeing the camera spikes all over the map. With that you could see how far behind they are from you.

I can imagine it now, I made a gametype in BOI it was called quarantine and there would have to be a michael myers sort of character so we al go hide and record ourselves, saying "they just killed bruce, and I'm the last one alive" So I don't know but it is very funny :lol:

Sounds fun, if you got something going like that again you should hit me up on xbox

Mic Broke on monday, It jsut stopped working.

Damn, that sucks. Had that happen to me a few time before.

This is my 5th one, my 3rd one from power up rewards, stupid mad catz headcom mic!

Yes, multiplayer can record millions of matches but they usually last about 5-10 minutes. It would be awesome if there was a mode to record matches but i doubt it because zombie matches take hours and hours and there is no way they could store that much data. The only possible way i can see it happening is if Treyarch has a recording feature you can activate from the start menu and end it when you want (no more than 10-15 minutes) or die.

Yes, multiplayer can record millions of matches but they usually last about 5-10 minutes. It would be awesome if there was a mode to record matches but i doubt it because zombie matches take hours and hours and there is no way they could store that much data. The only possible way i can see it happening is if Treyarch has a recording feature you can activate from the start menu and end it when you want or die.

If you think about it, there's probably more Multiplayer data than Zombies. Multiplayer matches may only last 10 minutes or so, but think about how many more matches there are daily than Zombies. I wouldn't be surprised if the Multiplayer data is more than there would be if they recorded Zombies.

This sounds like a good idea and all but just imagine the zombie games when you go to round 40,50,60+ no way it would probably crash. Just imagine all the people with high round games being recorded. It a great thought but I have a feeling there would be crashes a lot!

Wow this idea is just.. [brains] for you. This would be awesome. I mean, I don't see a problem with data. Now there is more data for zombies, people play multiplayer for 2 hours+sometimes, its the same as a zombie game, plus they can have a feature where you can lets say have up to 10 recordings. If you have a full 10, you can no longer record your games. You would be able to upload your recordings to youtube through elite. Or straight to elite, download the video and put it in parts to upload to youtube. Then you would remove it from your current recordings.