Quelling Hardcore Zombie Player Fears w/ some speculation

I'm not sure if this post is needed or if the some of my points have been covered by other users, but here goes..

People have pointed this out already and it is key to those who oppose the idea of zombie mode changing from the core experience we have come to know and love. The classic zombie survival mode will remain intact. The zombie dev team has stressed over the years and especially at CoD XP last year that they do NOT want to stray away from the original zombie game.

If we are able to assume the survival and round-based style of zombies will return, then it wouldn't hurt to add additional modes that bring a creative and refreshing edge to the zombie universe. I'm not big on speculating but we could see a campaign mode with a structure similar to L4D, but Treyarch will not copy an already established game to the 'T'. If such a mode exists, Treyarch will bring their own creative ideas to enhance gameplay and probably tie in an interesting story.

The announcement of zombies running on the multiplayer engine could suggest numerous possibilities. I would like to focus on possible core additions such as host migration that has been sought after since host migration appeared in CoD MW2. Also, I don't think it would be a ridiculous assumption that leveling systems and achievements/medals will be implemented to intensify the immersion of the experience to these alternate game modes or even the original zombie mode. Zombies before had trophies/achievements but never an evolving and updated system to reward people for accomplishing varying objectives. You had leaderboards but most challenges were self-imposed by the player and documented by the players via video as proof. A system with weekly objectives similar to Halo Reach or weekend challenges similar to that of Mass Effect 3's MP would be welcome to me.

The emphasis stated on ease of playing with friends or like-minded teammates could suggest more of a reliance on team work or just an improved matchmaking system that allows these like-minded players to meet up and play together.

As for further speculation, I will wait for the announcements and trailers before entertaining the theories that will inevitably arrise. Most importantly, I would like to stress that the round-based survival mode will remain and we, as a community, shouldn't be resistant to new ways our beloved zombie game will evolve, as these evolutions will not replace zombies but complement the game.

Feedback and further insight is appreciated and I would like to apologize if anything I've said has already been expressed in other posts on the forum. If there is one thing this community is good at, it is the ability to gather and interpret the information we are given and avoid unsubstantiated theories when there is evidence to build more reasonable theories.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well said, a levelling/stat tracking system would be so awesome!!!!

In theory, yes. But just like the combat record/elite stats causes people to play like little girls and camp, a zombie stat tracking mode will just cause people to act all competitively during a zombies match. You think you hate it now when people steal zombies at your window? Watch out if there's a stat tracking feature..

In theory, yes. But just like the combat record/elite stats causes people to play like little girls and camp, a zombie stat tracking mode will just cause people to act all competitively during a zombies match. You think you hate it now when people steal zombies at your window? Watch out if there's a stat tracking feature..

when people do that I have fun 'fake reviving' them when they inevitably die or I trap them. Those who play dirty will be outplayed by the elite or at the very least, they won't get helped. If you play like an ass then you won't get revived.

when people do that I have fun 'fake reviving' them when they inevitably die or I trap them. Those who play dirty will be outplayed by the elite or at the very least, they won't get helped. If you play like an ass then you won't get revived.

100 times this. Zombies is a team game, and if you go around hoarding your points by not opening doors, stealing the teleporter on Kino, stealing kills, overusing the box, then have fun going down and staying down or at least not getting help with getting your juggernog back. My friends and I will occasionally do these things just to screw with each other but if we are aiming to get a high round or playing with randoms, then we play like teammates should (or at least until we get perma perks and a down isn't all that bad so we can screw around a little more with crawlers at the end of rounds). [brains] for you criminal.

Had a game a week or 2 ago where a guy kept stealing kills, wouldn't open any doors even though he had at least 4000 points more than the next guy, kept overusing the box, wouldn't throw his monkeys except for hoarding when we had our own train. Once he ran out of monkeys, me and my friend ran out trains towards him and hauled ass out of there. Lost his ray gun and we got the zues cannon away from him. Too bad he didn't have a microphone because I would have loved to hear his reasons for being retarded.

Had a game a week or 2 ago where a guy kept stealing kills, wouldn't open any doors even though he had at least 4000 points more than the next guy, kept overusing the box, wouldn't throw his monkeys except for hoarding when we had our own train. Once he ran out of monkeys, me and my friend ran out trains towards him and hauled ass out of there. Lost his ray gun and we got the zues cannon away from him. Too bad he didn't have a microphone because I would have loved to hear his reasons for being retarded.

That is hilarious man. Brought a smile to my face reading about that guy getting his just deserts.