KrazyCookies' Trailer Analysis

What a trailer... very interesting direction to the CoD franchise, I'm still a bit skeptical on how this is going to go but we'll have to wait and see...

But less talk about my opinion and on to the analysis!

Here's a couple things that stood out to me the most during the trailer.

Quadrotor Prototype

We've already seen this drone before but what stands out is the "Charlene". Could this be a hint toward something or just a nickname for the drone?

Russian Rocket

Here we see we're dealing with the Russians again...

Quadrotor View

You can now see the view of controlling an Quadrotor, looks to have a nice clean HUD. Also note the tell squad to follow and for all to follow.

Data Pad (GPS Device?)/ D. Mason

Here we get a glimpse at what could our protagonist or main character. If you look closely enough on the pad you can see the name D. Mason. Now we know Alex Mason was born in 1933 which would make him just barely 92 years old during the time period of BO:2. My best guess would be you're are a son of Alex or a relative since Alex's sister Marion had children.

Antagonist?

My best guess is as good as yours... Only time will tell.

Jets

Oh sweet new BF... Oh silly me it's just CoD! Hopefully that mission will be fun

:D

Scorpion 07

This be relevant or not...

New Character/XM8

Here we see another new character we don't know his name yet but to me he has a Gears esque look as well as a Woods look. Another thing to point out is the XM8 Rifle! This gun hasn't been in use since being canceled back in Oct. 31, 2005.

"The XM8 was a developmental U.S. Military designation and project name for a lightweight assault rifle system that was under development by the United States Army from the late 1990s to early 2000s. The Army worked with the German small arms manufacturer Heckler & Koch (H&K) to develop the system to its requirements in the aftermath of the Objective Individual Combat Weapon (OICW) contract, for which H&K had been a subcontractor to ATK. Although there were high hopes that the XM8 would become the Army's new standard infantry rifle, the project was put on hold in April 2005, and was formally canceled on October 31, 2005."

Silhouette/Zombies Hint?

Few things to point out here. One, the soldier is holding an M16 so that is going to be in the game. Two, to the left you can see parachute soldiers going into the battlefield. And last, the odd purple or blue light, which is my guess to be either a hint a Zombies, Nuke going off, or just special effects for the trailer.

Multiplayer

This little tibit stood out the most to me. Here we get "X-47 Pegasus Kill 55" Proving it's multiplayer with the +55. The X-47 could be seen in the trailer earlier but here's an real life picture as well. Judging from the picture this X-47 looks to be the BO2 equivalent of a Reaper in MW3, So look for that in future Multiplayer announcements. As for the map, it looks to be on an island because of the lighthouse to the left. You can also see there is either an broken pipe or crashed airline in the middle of the map and windmill to the left. The map doesn't seem too open but rather many different routes so we'll have to wait and see.

Unknown Military Symbol/M249 SAW

An unknown symbol for whoever they are... If you do know please tell

:) Also you can see the soldier is holding an M249 which proves it will be in the game.

Osprey/AC130? Gunner

Can't tell if it's an AC130 or Osprey Gunner, but my guess goes toward Osprey.

New Character Name

I believe I've figured out the name for our NPC group leader, it's Harper. How you ask, well if you look close enough to his name tag on the left you can barely make out Harper. So his last name or first is Harper. Maybe a relative to Woods? Wouldn't that be a twist! :lol: We can also see the Black Ops group still exists to 2025 with the patch on his chest.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Your probably right about fighting the russians, though Woods did say that the enamy stole the 'keys' to the things that were ment to keep us safe; which might mean that we aren't fighting them maybe someone else and they stole that from the russians