• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Classis.

One game: "They aren't changing the game enough, give us something new!"

Then: "Oh my god WTF they changed it too much! This isn't even COD!"

I love call of duty. But the community sucks. No point in whining considering they can't change it now! Deal with it. Just because it isn't the textbook, straight forward call of duty we're used doesn't mean this trailer doesn't look epic!

What have they done. Thoughts?

I can't pass my complete judgment yet but it seems that they're running out of ideas...

Don't be so quick to hate! Maybe we need something like this to shake things up! Let's just see what other trailers they release in the near future, and then judge when the game comes out. If nothing else, we should have zombies to look forward to!

Classis.

I love call of duty. But the community sucks. No point in whining considering they can't change it now! Deal with it. Just because it isn't the textbook, straight forward call of duty we're used doesn't mean this trailer doesn't look epic!

I didn't want a change lol. I wanted a direct sequel and obviously won't get it. I will give them a chance though.

I am disappointed though because they could've had a great storyline for a direct sequel. This is risky.

I dont mind the game being set in the future one bit, the fact that it is Black Ops II, i really was expecting it to be set closer to the time frame of black ops 1. there's a lot of decades between the 1960's and 2020's. The cold war era is so interesting to me, i think they could have done a lot with that, however after blackops 1 i trust treyarch with what they are doing. no doubt they will make a masterpiece

Classis.

I didn't want a change lol. I wanted a direct sequel and obviously won't get it. I will give them a chance though.

I am disappointed though because they could've had a great storyline for a direct sequel. This is risky.

so was putting that little 'dev toy' at the end of the WaW story.. and look what happened with that :)

Risk is what they need. Treyarch isn't dumb. Sales of MW3 compared to Black Ops at this time in the year are down over 4 million dollars I believe. With games like Battlefield taking some of the market and complaints of repetitiveness leading to losing sales, you have to take a risk.

Treyarch knows that CoD only has so long if they stay the status quo and do what they have always done. People don't want to continue to get the same thing repackaged with some different maps year after year. You've got to take risks. And if this risk pays off, it could be HUGE.

Classis.

so was putting that little 'dev toy' at the end of the WaW story.. and look what happened with that :)

I just gave brains so I cant atm but if I forget PM me and remind me bc you just made my day.

in full honesty i am completely excited and have no worries for this.

here is why: like in Black Ops 1, they can go back in time for some missions in the late cold war if it is needed. here is a possibility: you notice the middle eastern rebels at one point, well maybe this could have to do with the PLO stealing the control of the robots. this could send us on a flashback mission to some counter-terrorist OP of the 70s in Israel with Mossad.

and on top of that, people were VERY pessimistic about CoD4, and that was the biggest game-changer in shooters, throwing halo off the throne as the biggest online game on the 360.

so why complain? Zombies has already gone to the present day and beyond!! this time frame fits perfectly and i cant wait to see the XM8 in a call of duty.

plus i am just sayin not much happened after Vietnam as far as the cold war goes.

I thought it looked pretty cool. I hated the CoD community so i didn't buy MW3, but i might be able to deal with some little kids and A-holes after watching this. And Imagine how zombies will be! Think of the Wonder Weapons! Hell they looked pretty futuristic in BO, just think how they'll look in BO2!

IDK what to think of the campaign, but ill give it a look hoping to see a bit of the story from mason or woods (through flashbacks of certain missions maybe?).

As for multiplayer this is the part where I'm super happy its a treyarch game, cause after i retire from MP its zombies till the next CoD.

And I dont think they're gonna screw up the zombies storyline. Honestly it would be pretty hard to screw it up. Zombies is a versatile game mode. The only way it can be bad is if we (the zombie slayers) get so entrenched in the storyline of our primary characters that we fear change. The reason we played zombies in the first place was for rayguns and rape trains. As long as those 2 elements remain I'm gonna be there.

For me its the same with multiplayer too. All I played it for was to try all the killstreaks and perks. Maybe its because I'm so new to CoD (only played Black Ops and MW3).

Classis.

100% Agreed.

What have they done. Thoughts? Ok this is year 2025 located in "The Vault" 0:05

I don't care. I really, really don't care. This isn't call of duty. CoD has died back with Mw3. This is a life of its own. And I am damn proud to see this day.

How can you say its not Call of Duty anymore? Im sure Call of Duty has changed eras around a lot. No one thing is Call of Duty. We have WWII, Cold War, Modern Warfare. And now future warfare. I think its a fresh idea that needed to be explored and treyarch always delivers across the board. So im not worried. :)