330 vs 330 - what helped me

Played NML for the first time yesterday in a while and had a really good run, but died on 280.

I'd been trying some new stuff out and it kinda finally clicked.

Played a few games today and then had my first ever 330, then around an hour later on the next game I had 330 again.

The first video is the second run. The start was much better, and the ending was much better.

This video is the run which is uploaded to all subs on my channel.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed, that when you've once done a certain amount of kills, it's very easy to do it again. You had struggled as hell to reach it the first time, but once done, you'll redo it within the next 60minutes for sure.

I'm wondering, if this is strategy, tactics, self-consciousness or further psychological based fact. The game does not give you better spawns, just because you've done 3xx before. Spawns will be random as always. So why can you do your 3xx so easily again?

What do you think?

I believe it's confidence and strategy Tom, at least in my case.

I tried Supers PAPs and just don't feel them. I will persevere with them but I gain so much confidence from a beast crazy down the bottom PAP that the adrenaline is flowing and it's game on.

The second game I was much more aggressive at the start as I'd just done it in my previous.

When I was watching it back I was quite shocked at the difference.

The starting spawns are key.....it seems that at least 1/2 the time you are over 2000 points at them running and then you deal with Juggs and get to 100 within like 6 bullets it just falls into place.

It's then up to you to not screw it up.

I'm losing some bullets either between 5 and 7 minutes, or 7 and 9 minutes.

These 2 games I did well in only 1 section of either.

A big difference in these -

When I had 22 bullets left the kills and time were like this.

280 @ 9:10. This was the second game

287 @ 8:45. And the first

So for the same number of bullets, and being a buzzer down (25 seconds) I managed 7 more kills. Me and Super have been discussing how the dogs help at the end. If you have a group of 10 crawlers always wait for some dogs to appear before shooting. It seems like it's going really slow, and you are but once you are past 9 or 10 minutes it takes so many to kill fresh zombies that you are better in hoping for dogs and making sure you kill all those crawlers. As long as you make new ones, which you will even with only 2 bullets you have stabbing chances.

I still normally lose 2 in the first 5 minutes.

If I cut those mistakes out I should get a 350 in theory. I think that's what Super did, broke his game down, practised the parts individually and then waited for the spawns to be right and him to pull it off.

One of the big differences in the way we play are how we kite. Super is much more methodical, and I think it's due to him playing on 4.

I'm a bit more manic, playing on an 8. I put myself in more bad situations than strictly necessary. I've tried playing a bit safer but tend to make mistakes when I do.

What I took from Super is that it doesn't matter how you kite them, it's how you shoot them.

I used to be very rash with my shots, possibly an extension of how I play.

That's the part that I really slowed down and is what is making huge differences in just a few hours of play :)

To more or less echo what Chopper said, strategy + experience + confidence = consistency.

I'd already worked out my entire strategy and practiced certain parts of it (PaP-Jugg mainly) numerous times and almost perfected it before I'd even made an attempt at 350.

After that I was pretty much just waiting for a lucky game; one in which I didn't get too nervous when the game was going well and screw it up as a result.

Once I got the 349 I was just contented, the pressure I felt when playing No Man's Land just vanished. I started enjoying it a lot more, not getting stressed at all and I became much more consistent as a result. A bit more work on my PaP-Jugg strategy got me up to 110+ at Jugg rather than just 100+ and I was ready for a WR.

I'm also planning on making a 'recent high scores' video probably next week, I've had more than 5 350+ games in total now, haven't played NML since my 361 so those were all made between the 357 and 361, so all in the space of 3 days playing for a couple of hours a day.

It's no discussion, that the strategy must be right.

But I was using the same strategy over and over. No Chance for 300. Suddenly, I did it. I just told Super, that I messed the record, but since the psychological pressure is gone, it might be easy to do it again. 4 games later (of those 4, 2 were probably Speed), I did my 317.

So, isn't confidence the main resource, that you need? And isn't experience and confidence related? The more experience, the more confidence?

I guess in this instance, when I say confident, I mean being relaxed, not nervous and you just know you can do it. Experience obviously plays a part in this, but you could have played NML over and over and over, experienced every situation there is yet not got the desired score. So really it's success that creates confidence much more than experience. Though of course, you need to know what you're doing when it comes to NML so practice and experience is essential in becoming a good player.