How id improve on the success that is Zombies

Rydo

I know theres already a 'suggestions' thread but seen as i've basically given a complete rundown below of EVERYTHING id like to see i thought it would warrant a thread. Now im no zombies expert and only gotten into it recently, but i feel i've learned fast enough to know what would work in the zombies game mode and hopefully improve it so heres my 'wishlist' if thats what youd call it. criticism and debate welcome.

Things id like to see;

-A ranking system, similar to MW in that you unlock titles and emblems through doing things, id have it so you level from 1-100 with maybe 5 prestiges or something like 1-50 and 10 prestiges, all with zombie style prestige icons aswell. id make it though that you unlock titles/emblems/character lines but that you dont unlock weapons just to keep it a level playing field for everyone.

- As part of a prestige system, to encourage everyone to prestige you unlock a new map each prestige. this would mean that throughout the course of the games life you could end up with 8 maps. thats a good number as people who buy the game for the zombies alone have enough variety as only having 2 maps (i dont count DOA as one) for £45 is shocking. and thats without having to spend 1200 msp on a new map every few months. this new way would also still gives treyarch the chance to keep releasing additional DLC maps for the 'hardcore' zombies players to make some more income.

- Solo Leaderboards!! i know that they could be hacked but honestly, i dont want them to see if im near the top in the world. it would be good in an ideal world for it to be totally legit and to get a proper comparison but they're worth having alone to have a permanent record of your personal bests. allowing you or your friends to check eachothers scores throughout the games life.

- Stats. i think another decent addition would be a stats, or better yet a 'combat record' like Black ops where you could see how many zombies you've killed, how many headshots, what weapons you've used, how many PAP's and things like that. a possible idea, if treyarch are REALLY against solo leaderboards, would be to have your highest solo rounds recorded for each map in your combat records. would function as a score keeper for you and cant be hacked.

- Difficulty level. I've seen a few posts on here recently about how to 'jazz' it up, things like PAPing weapons twice, perk PAP, more perks and things like that. more and more perks and benefits, even for a new zombies player, make things easier and easier. the whole point of zombies is it is IMPOSSIBLE TO BEAT. you cant win. its meant to be a challenge and a struggle, not 'leave your xbox on for 5 days and get bored' thats where i think a difficulty level would be good. you choose solo, choose your map then get the choice of 'Recruit, regular, veteran' ofcourse you could probably get more original zombie names but i just picked those as they're well known from campaigns. so basically a rundown would be like this;

Recruit would give the player access to EVERY perk available (the originals like jug and qr, and then newer ones like staminup,deadshot, phdf and any new ones they implement)and allow a new max of 5 perks, it would also allow the player to start of with a '3 hit threshold' before dying, and juggernog would increase it to 5. also the player would start out with a free quick revive. Lastly, the doors would cost 60% of normal price to open. this difficulty would be for players who had never played zombies before or for people just wanting to mess about and explore the map for easter eggs and things.

Regular would be exactly as zombies is now. 2 hits to down, juggernog increases to 4, doors normal range of prices as now, and maps would contain the perks they do now and the player could have a max of 4 perks to choose from. thats all to really say on regular since its pretty much the same as now.

Veteran, well veteran would be the difficulty to seperate the men from the boys. it would be the most challenging game mode but the one the top players would play in because of the prestige of it. it would basically be a stripped down version of zombies now, with the only perks available juggernog and quick revive. and you would only get to buy 2 quick revives, giving a total of 3 lives. the doors and weapons would also cost 130% of their normal price, eg. a door that in regular costs 1000 points to open would now cost 1300. i was actually thinking doors and weapons would cost double, but that might prove very challenging even on veteran in early rounds, it would really be treyarchs call on making it as hard as possible whilst still being possible. oh, and also PAP would now cost 10,000 points. the traps would also be changed so that they would have a 2 minute cool down.

I had more but tbh typing all that my brains turned to mush. feel free to expand, debate or ask about anything i've said if you've got an opinion on any of it.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just realised this is in the 'Treyarch next game' section of the forums and even though it has info about how i think the next game should be made, im not sure if its in the right section so if a mod needs to move it apologies.

I think leveling up would be a good idea but the ONLY thing that should unlock is stuff for maybe a zombies playercard. If it unlocked weapons, or maps that would not be good. I think they should keep zombies the way it is to a point. They should keep the gameplay exactly the same just new maps, weapons, perks, characters. Also solo leaderboards would be a good idea but make sure they patch all glitches/mods right away and delete cheaters from the leadeboards. Why would you need solo to get to the top of the leaderboards though? If you are good enough to get far in solo why not co-op?

Why would you need solo to get to the top of the leaderboards though? If you are good enough to get far in solo why not co-op?

Pausing. Nuff said.

Also i like basically everthing the OP said, except the different difficulty settings.

I would like to see two, one NORMAL, and one RECRUIT. the RECRUIT version doenst have a leaderboard, and is bassically for friends just looking to mess about, do chalenges, etc.

This version would also not have patches on glitches, for any person that enjoys that.

This would actually be benificial, becuase it would help in patching the normal version.

Plus, if there is no leaderboard then it doesnt really count...

I would also like to see the return of NML and DoA like modes, for people who like those :D

How do the custom maps work though? are they just downloadable on PC? i suppose it may work as it would just be like adding DLC, who knows tho as consoles are limited in comparison to PC's just now.

Another addition to a combat record could be 'heat spots' to show where you spend the majority of your time on a map, most probably a circle round a large area haha. or even like a 'favourite route' stat that would show your most common strategy, eg. buys this gun off wall, opens door round 4/5, buy jugg round 7 and so on.

I think that its important they get the balance right tho, its about giving us more variety and things to do while also keeping Zombies as basic a game mode as they can.