NEW PERKS? OLD PERKS?

sstem

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seen a few things on double tap.

Now firstly I do love double tap. It seems to me that people have some misconceptions about it.

It does not actually help you kill faster. It can help you kill faster. Both these statements are true.

A headshot compared to a chest shot is 4 times the damage for ARs. On almost all guns holding down fire will cause massive recoil. Even low recoil guns like the thompson gain enough to throw you off the heads.

Guns like the HK or RPK gain a pretty significant amount.

I'm certain that on level 30 I could kill the last 24 quicker with single shooting the HK/MP40/AK whatever quicker than a lot of people could by just holding down the trigger, especially for the HK.

The reason double tap wastes ammo is because you are not using it right. Double Tap is good for short bursts, maybe 10 bullets from very close range into a little line.

It then does in theory kill quicker. If you are holding your finger down for like 10 seconds you are mostly wasting bullets.

Double Tap + Speed + Thompson/MP40/AK equals beast mode ;)

The idea for pro perks was actually used in the WaW Zombie Realism mod if you've ever played or seen it before. Basically, you'd by the perks as you always would and zombies would periodically drop perks. It will either be a new perk, or an upgrade for the perk you already have.

If they were to actually implement that into zombies though, I can see it working in a couple ways;

1. Have "Alpha/epic zombies" spawn every 5-6 rounds or so that take much longer to kill (i.e. the astronaut/ flaming zombie) that will drop perk upgrades.

2. Upon various EE completion steps (or after the entire EE is completed), the machines will all double in price, and be available to purchase the upgrades. (Much like buying PaP ammo for wall weapons)

My personal favorites are Jugg, Speed Cola, PHD Flopper, and Staminup. I basically just use Staminup for the RPK, HK, and the Wunderwaffe on COTD. I wouldn't mind if they had a ammo machine, or some perk to improve clip size. It would have to be a vast clip size improvement to get one of my slots though.

Perks that should go:Phd,deadshot.

Phd????!?!?!

WHY? what would become of the beloved "practically insta until 30" Mustang and Sally?

On the original topic, i believe that they will add pro perks, available after the purchase of the original perk, for double or triple the amount.

I dont think they will remove any perks (except Deadshot, and that is iffy)

If anything, they will make bigger maps and add more.

Also, i agree with duckcall, being able to aquire 2/3 of the amount of perks there are through purchase is about ideal.

I know one thing that would be cool. Ever notice how after the moon easter egg your permanent perks go to about the center of the bottom of your screen? How cool would it be to have 16 line the bottom of your screen? :lol:

Better yet, have like 2 lines of PRO perks across the screen?

At this rate, it may be possible after the next game or so, to have like 16 or 20 perks in the game

i personally love deadshot... the auto headshot usefulness is rather limited but is pretty good with guns like the python, fal, m14. however the steady aim aspect is awesome... the ak74u plus deadshot on moon = headshot city. even up to round 30 it kills zombies fairly quickly.

i really dont care to see any of the perks go away forever. just perhaps 1-2 may be omitted from some maps if space doesnt allow for them all