Is the next CoD Really a BO Seaquel

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the game's set time period is around the near future (ex. 2020) Then Reznov can't be alive, and if he is alive at 107 or older he couldn't do anything.

So my best guess would be flashbacks to the past (in between BO and BO2), and maybe even missions in the past much like in BO where you played as Reznov.

It's definitely unclear as to when Blops 2 will be taking place. If it's an immediate sequel, I'd say no later than the 80's, at least. Unless it's going to be more focused on the future Black Operations events following after with a new cast, I don't know. Either sounds plausible to me.

It's definitely unclear as to when Blops 2 will be taking place. If it's an immediate sequel, I'd say no later than the 80's, at least. Unless it's going to be more focused on the future Black Operations events following after with a new cast, I don't know. Either sounds plausible to me.

I couldn't do without Nikolai

If I'm not mistaken, Blops ended somewhere in the mid eighties, which would make sense with the fall of Soviet Russia. My guess is that BOII takes place somewhere in the early nineties to early two-thousands.

If I'm not mistaken, Blops ended somewhere in the mid eighties, which would make sense with the fall of Soviet Russia. My guess is that BOII takes place somewhere in the early nineties to early two-thousands.

Blops ended in the mid 60's w/ the Kennedy Murder. IDK where you got the 80's from.

We have no idea how long Mason was in the chair for, and most likely, the attack on the Rasulka took a while to get together. Mason could have easily been in his late thirties to early forties by the end of the game, making it(I did my math wrong earlier because I was four years off of Mason's birth year) anywhere in the seventies. If they were to start BOII off with a synopsis of the fall of the Soviet Union, they could easily start it in the early nineties. Mason could easily be a high ranking officer, since he's only in his late fifties to early sixties.

Don't forget guys, that the Quadrotor could just be an experimental version, and it's just in the testing stages. This could still place the game in the 70's/80's, which I am hoping for, because a future warfare game would be too similar to Modern Warfare.

Not to mention that Black Ops 2 sounds like a direct sequel. Tacitus is a future weapons manufacturer, but that doesn't mean it determines the time frame. It could be the 80's, and Tacitus is inventing weapons for the future.

We have no idea how long Mason was in the chair for, and most likely, the attack on the Rasulka took a while to get together. Mason could have easily been in his late thirties to early forties by the end of the game, making it(I did my math wrong earlier because I was four years off of Mason's birth year) anywhere in the seventies. If they were to start BOII off with a synopsis of the fall of the Soviet Union, they could easily start it in the early nineties. Mason could easily be a high ranking officer, since he's only in his late fifties to early sixties.

Um, Mason was in the chair for 1-2 days. All the missions were flashbacks, except for the last few.

Rebirth takes Feb 23rd, 1968. At the end, Mason is put into the chair. He may have been out of it for a days though. Over the two (or one) days, the previous missions take place in flashbacks.

Revelations takes place Feb 25th, 1968, 11:00pm. This is where Mason breaks out of the chair.

Redemption takes place Feb 26th, 1968, 6:00am. It took 7 hours to plan the attack on the Rusalka.

Mason was 34 by the end of BO, 45 according to the messages in the terminal, which was sent in 1978. If it takes place in the 80's, he could easily be a playable character again (just look at Reznov).

I'm hoping that it takes place in the 80's.

Mason is still crazy and hears voices and has been plotting suicide. Because of that CIA thinks he is a risk and goes after him and the people protecting him (Hudson and Weaver) with the help of MI6. Frank Woods and Reznov are some where a live. Kennedy is assassinated by sleeper cells (Mason is part of them). He escapes to Johannesburg to find Clarke's brother with Weaver and Hudson. And so the plot thickens.

CIA and MI6 are probably getting help from weapons manufacturer called Tacitus. Which I could easily see being owned by the people behind the sleeper agents. They make a threat to the government (sleeper agents) and so government buys their guns and gadgets to be safe form the attacks. And the story might end up with Mason and others finding out this group Tacitus being behind the sleeper agents and so CIA and MI6 finally know the real enemy, the one they thought that was their ally. And so it comes to the: "The enemy could be anywhere and it could be anyone."

Well this is my speculation at this point.