The Astronaut...A hint?

I know this is a long shot being as the rounds take so long with four people. But do you think Treyarch added the astronaut zombie as a way to hint toward five players in BLOPS II? We don't know anything of the astronaut or why he would even be in the story. It would make since, however, if Moon's moonwalk glitching, perk stealing, player teleporting, piece of :!: .....Astronaut, was all worth while because we gain a character in the story.

As I said before, I know four players is core zombies, and in higher rounds, it takes FOREVER with four people. So adding a fifth player would only make it take longer. It would be nice to have a fifth choice on the roster though.

One way they could fix the long rounds, is not adding more zombies for the fifth player. Split the total of four player's zombies, five ways. Keep the same number of waves as well.

In short they could add the fifth player without changing the number of zombies at all.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this is a long shot being as the rounds take so long with four people. But do you think Treyarch added the astronaut zombie as a way to hint toward five players in BLOPS II? We don't know anything of the astronaut or why he would even be in the story. It would make since, however, if Moon's moonwalk glitching, perk stealing, player teleporting, piece of :!: .....Astronaut, was all worth while because we gain a character in the story.

As I said before, I know four players is core zombies, and in higher rounds, it takes FOREVER with four people. So adding a fifth player would only make it take longer. It would be nice to have a fifth choice on the roster though.

One way they could fix the long rounds, is not adding more zombies for the fifth player. Split the total of four player's zombies, five ways. Keep the same number of waves as well.

In short they could add the fifth player without changing the number of zombies at all.

It would be laggy as hell with 5 people

It would be laggy as hell with 5 people

agreed. Also, I don't really see how this would hint at five players. George Romero = 5 players?

Agreed on the lag (didn't even think about that). As far as the George Romero reference, hardly. At least when you killed George, he looked like he died. When you kill the Astronaut, it looks like a balloon popped. It leaves you feeling like you forgot to bring a gift to the party, not like you killed a so called "boss" zombie. It was a gimmick.

Honestly, I knew this was a long shot. But I was very unsatisfied by the astronaut, and I guess I was looking for a way to justify it.

I gotta say though, I wouldn't mind having a new character.

Agreed on the lag (didn't even think about that). As far as the George Romero reference, hardly. At least when you killed George, he looked like he died. When you kill the Astronaut, it looks like a balloon popped. It leaves you feeling like you forgot to bring a gift to the party, not like you killed a so called "boss" zombie. It was a gimmick.

Honestly, I knew this was a long shot. But I was very unsatisfied by the astronaut, and I guess I was looking for a way to justify it.

I gotta say though, I wouldn't mind having a new character.

I'm one of the few who doesn't play zombies for the story but I can't help but hear things. Didn't Sam have her soul in Richtofen's body? More would be cool but I don't think it'll happen on this generation of consoles. Wait till they get the technology to be able to hold another couple of people. And I agree that the astronaut was a gimmick. But so was napalm/shrieker, george, space monkeys, and nova crawlers, and dogs, and basically anyhting besides the zombies.

No, the Astronaut Zombie was added as an enemy that blends in w/ your allies. They would never make Zombies 5-player, it would be wacky since it's an odd number of players.

I personally see no good reason at all to change the 4p cap, any more would take away from the sense of isolation in Zombs and make it too easy to survive.

No, the Astronaut Zombie was added as an enemy that blends in w/ your allies. They would never make Zombies 5-player, it would be wacky since it's an odd number of players.

I personally see no good reason at all to change the 4p cap, any more would take away from the sense of isolation in Zombs and make it too easy to survive.

I find it harder with each person added. Like solo is the easiest then 4 player is the hardest.

unless you are just playing for fun why would you play more than 2 player? Once you get to probably 40 you wouldnt be able to go much farther on a 4 player game. And 4 players wouldnt take much longer if you all stuck together and didnt try to run "trains" at round 20.

If you just camp until about 35 it would go by fast.

As for everything other than zombies being gimmicks, I think not. At least the other things die and fall on the ground. Yes the shrieker's head pops off and it kills a bunch of zombies. But at least his body is laying there as proof. The Astronaut reminds me of something that should be in a used car lot, drawing in the kids to get the parents into their POS. I know the fifth player thing was probably too much, but IDK I hate that ASStronaut.