Zombie Mechanics that need to improve

Okay, I wrote this in the COTD thread but wanted to see what you guys think of the zombie mechanics:

Well if you work at Treyarch now then I suggest you suggest to them to give you more health before Jugg. All the Black Ops maps make you go down too fast because practically every zombie double slaps. And also the zombies in Black ops can hurt from like 5 feet away. In WaW they had to be right on your ass. The zombie mechanics definitely worked a lot better in WaW.

I believe this goes along with the bad hit detection in Black Ops (ever play multiplayer?) For some reason, both mulitplayer and zombies were both MUCH smoother on WaW. And like I said the zombies had to be right on your ass to hurt you. I frequently go down before I get Jugg because zombies are hitting me from 5-7 feet away. If you're gonna have bad hit detection then at least make it take 4 hits before you go before jug.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I wrote this in the COTD thread but wanted to see what you guys think of the zombie mechanics:

Well if you work at Treyarch now then I suggest you suggest to them to give you more health before Jugg. All the Black Ops maps make you go down too fast because practically every zombie double slaps. And also the zombies in Black ops can hurt from like 5 feet away. In WaW they had to be right on your ass. The zombie mechanics definitely worked a lot better in WaW.

I believe this goes along with the bad hit detection in Black Ops (ever play multiplayer?) For some reason, both mulitplayer and zombies were both MUCH smoother on WaW. And like I said the zombies had to be right on your ass to hurt you. I frequently go down before I get Jugg because zombies are hitting me from 5-7 feet away. If you're gonna have bad hit detection then at least make it take 4 hits before you go before jug.

at least 3 hits, 4 would over power the player and make it WAYYYY to easy.

at least 3 hits, 4 would over power the player and make it WAYYYY to easy.

Fair enough. But I wouldn't mind 2 hits if it has the same smoothness as WaW.

You joking? WaW was even less smooth... if they got close to you, you were grabbed and had a small chance to get away. They can't hit you from 5 feet away, I think you might be misjudging the distance in BO.

Now, I honestly think that it's not necessary at all to increase the base health. That would just make it easier to stay alive. 2 hits is good.

I want zombies that are faster than a player (Verruckt) certainly brings us back to good ol' survival, and I think the AI could be more adaptive (like in ascension the zombies commando roll) more traits that suggest the zombies have retained some of there memories. Of course I agree with some of things said, and it will never be perfect, but I don't want to play a game that is less orientated by survival. I would love remakes of the classic maps (possible returns or something) the maps after ascension, left me thinking - What have you done!

I'll still play either way though.

I would love remakes of the classic maps (possible returns or something) the maps after ascension, left me thinking - What have you done!

I'll still play either way though.

I feel the same way. Entirely different than the original zombies. I like how the original ones were a border defense style. Now it's lets see who has the most time and concentration to run in a circle for hours on end. I have fun pumping lead into zombies, not finding a place to round them up and run in a circle for hours. That turns ME into a zombie. Now i know why they call it that haha but no joke the maps after ascension could have been called monsters instead of zombies.

Still looking forward to BO2 zombies maps but I kinda hope they do a throwback where you're pretty enclosed like NDU or Verruckt. Or even FIVE without the confusing stuff like the portals and the technician and the crawlers. Just want straight up zombies. That was the most fun.

You joking? WaW was even less smooth... if they got close to you, you were grabbed and had a small chance to get away. They can't hit you from 5 feet away, I think you might be misjudging the distance in BO.

Now, I honestly think that it's not necessary at all to increase the base health. That would just make it easier to stay alive. 2 hits is good.

No way. WaW is a much smoother game than Black Ops. I play both of them all of the time and playing on WaW is almost a sigh of relief. There's too much aim assist on Black Ops and my gun wavers all over the place (watch elpresador and his rants on black ops gun wavering) and it's hard to acquire a target.

Also I like how in WaW Verruckt you can take like 2 or 3 more hits with Jugg than its Black Ops version but its balanced out by the fact that the zombies are about as fast as you. That was a cool experience because I felt like the zombie behavior was different in each WaW map while in Black Ops it was pretty standard in each map except for Ascension where they would barrel roll and COTD where certain ones would sprint at you (like the WaW verruckt ones).

No way. WaW is a much smoother game than Black Ops. I play both of them all of the time and playing on WaW is almost a sigh of relief. There's too much aim assist on Black Ops and my gun wavers all over the place (watch elpresador and his rants on black ops gun wavering) and it's hard to acquire a target.

Also I like how in WaW Verruckt you can take like 2 or 3 more hits with Jugg than its Black Ops version but its balanced out by the fact that the zombies are about as fast as you. That was a cool experience because I felt like the zombie behavior was different in each WaW map while in Black Ops it was pretty standard in each map except for Ascension where they would barrel roll and COTD where certain ones would sprint at you (like the WaW verruckt ones).

1) I totally disagree. WaW was less smooth, but I had more fun times there. Aim assist... Why is it that I never experience that? I literally have not, but if I have I've never noticed it (unless you count locking on to enemies when aiming down sights, not sure if that is what you mean by it).

2) You don't get more hits with juggernog on verruckt. That's a myth. It's the same from my experience in all maps.

3)

1) I totally disagree. WaW was less smooth, but I had more fun times there. Aim assist... Why is it that I never experience that? I literally have not, but if I have I've never noticed it (unless you count locking on to enemies when aiming down sights, not sure if that is what you mean by it).

2) You don't get more hits with juggernog on verruckt. That's a myth. It's the same from my experience in all maps.

3)

I see you play on PS3. Maybe it's different on xbox360 but the aim assist is VERY strong. For example, sometimes when I play Verruckt I stand behind the debris near where the box can spawn and aim down the mp40 hallway pointing at the wall where they can break through. If I ADS down that hallway andd those zombies that come through the balcony to the left run across to the room with the toilets, my gun will literally move from pointing at the wall where they can break through to the doorway where they come in to attack me! And in Kino, I like to sprint down those aisle from the stage to go back to the spawn room, if I pass by a crawler or nova crawler my view will sometimes be pointing at the ground. Can get really annoying especially when there's a horde chasing after you.

2) I was talking the WaW version of Verruckt. I seem to be able to last a hit or three longer. But maybe you're right.

3) I know what you mean about the zombies trapping you in WaW and you can't move because it's like they have a "magnetic" affect. I say make BO2 zombies a combo of WaW and Black Ops. Make it like BO1 where you can escape and can move but make it like WaW where they have to be right on your ass for them to hurt you and a swipe when I'm NOWHERE near them.

4) Another thing from WaW is the matchmaking is a lot better. In BO1 it'll say migrating hosts 1,2,3, etc. and then once it gets to 8 or 9 it kicks everyone out. Again, don't know it's like that on the PS3.