DARPA = Tacitus?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching Return of the Living Dead 4 NECROPOLIS.

AMu9O7F6J5Q

Sorry for the shitty quality, all the best ones have embedding disabled.

Add to what has been said here.

Watch the film, I swear you will be hooked in the first few minutes.

When I saw the company in this film I thought TACITUS.

Regards Alpha.

DARPA plans to implant micro-chips and nano-chip on soldiers to monitor their location and vital signs on the battlefield.

bOXRPijfNX0

lln8MlDm8PI

DARPA-BAA-12-33 explained on the DARPA website

http://www.darpa.mil/Opportunities/Solicitations/MTO_Solicitations.aspx

DARPA-BAA-12-33: In vivo Nanosensors for Diagnostics (IVN:Dx), Response Date 6/28/2012

The specific objective of the In vivo Nanoplatforms for Diagnostics (IVN:Dx) thrust of the In vivo Nanoplatforms (IVN) program is to develop biocompatible nanosensors that provide continuous, noninvasive, and highly accurate measurement of a variety of conditions and substances within the living tissue of animals, plants, and insects using non-toxic materials with limited immunogenicity.

:lol: :lol::lol:

They should have had the New world order quote from Drebin in there too.

Also they could have throw some DNA, La Li Lu Le Lo, Patriots & AI in there too.

Awesome, thanks for the laugh MIX.

Pretty much hit the nail.

Just watching these Mix...

Scary shit.

I was reading about Nano viruses the other day.

One even went on to say that Nano machines could lead to the raising of the dead.

The Nano machines once deployed would seekout living biological organisms.

Once a host is found, the Nano machines infiltrate the subjects body, they move to the brain, where they then kill the subject.

The machines then spread through the body reactivating the nervous system which is then directly controlled by either the Nano machines themselves via programming or from a computer anywhere on the planet.

They did go on to say that this would likely get out of control & become uncontainable.

They could be programmed to attack the living on sight, infecting victims that are bitten or scratched with Nano machines located in the mouth & under the finger nails.

Boom, artificial Zombie outbreak.

This would be very interesting to the millitary I think.

They send in a small or large number of these Nano machines to wipeout any resistance, they could then either terminate the Nano machines or use them as slave labour. If they turn on the user an EMP could be used as a failsafe.

Very borg like.

Again scary times we live in.

I couldn't find the one I was reading but found this after a quick search on Nano Zombies:

http://www.cracked.com/article_15643_5- ... en_p5.html

Nanobots

As seen in...

Michael Crichton's novel Prey, The PS2 game Nano Breaker

What are they?

Nanobots are a technology that science apparently engineered to make you terrified of the future. We're talking about microscopic, self-replicating robots that can invisbily build--or destroy--anything. Vast sums of money are being poured into nanotechnology. Sure, at some level scientists know nanobots will destroy mankind. They just can't resist seeing how it happens.

How it can result in zombies:

Scientists have already created a nano-cyborg, by fusing a tiny silicone chip to a virus. The first thing they found out is these cyborgs can still operate for up to a month after the death of the host. Notice how nano scientists went right for zombification, even at this early stage. They know where the horror is.

According to studies, within a decade they'll have nanobots that can crawl inside your brain and set up neural connections to replace damaged ones. That's right; the nanobots will be able to rewire your thoughts. What could possibly go wrong?

Chances this could cause a zombie apocalypse:

Do the math, people.

Some day there will be nanobots in your brain. Those nanobots will be programmed to keep functioning after you die. They can form their own neural pathways, meaning they can use your brain to keep operating your limbs after you've deceased and, presumably, right up until you rot to pieces in mid-stride.

The nanobots will be programmed to self-replicate, and the death of the host will mean the end of the nanobots. To preserve themselves, they'd need to transfer to a new host. Therefore, the last act of the nanobot zombie would be to bite a hole in a healthy victim, letting the nanobots steam in and set up camp in the new host. Once in, they can shut down the part of the brain that resists (the cortex) and leave the brain stem intact. They will have added a new member to the unholy army of the undead.

Now, it should be more than clear by this point that our goal is to be responsible researchers. We don't want to create a panic here. All we're saying is that on an actual day on the actual calendar in the future, runaway microscopic nanobots will end civilization by flooding the planet with the cannabalistic undead.

Science has proven it

Regards Alpha.

Alpha, some of the stuff you post is crazy, the technology and interesting articles you find is amazing.

Mechanically-enhanced zombies sounds like quite the terror. Could this be added into gameplay somehow? I'd like to say not, i would hate to have the zombies equation messed with and to have bullets flying back at me.

I feel unworthy of posting in any topic Alpha speaks in.

• 3 weeks later...

Peter W. Singer, author of Wired for War, in 2009 gave a TED speech to warn us about the future of drone warfare.

M1pr683SYFk

There is a lot of disturbing stuff presented here, and this is before adding in the ingredients of cyber hacker warfare into the equation.

"Is it our Machines, or is it Us, that is wired for war?" - P.W. Singer

- Mix

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Administrators

I know it's been said to death, but it all reminds me of Skynet. Machines will eventually rule over us if we give them the power to think and act for themselves.

Machine-designated zombies...oh God. I could actually see that happening. Though I don't think they'd react like the typical zombie, they would definitely have the behavior like one since they are nothing more than puppets.

Now we're giving machines the power of what superheroes could do. Fantasy fiction is turning into a realistic non-fiction - it's only a matter of time before they become self-aware.

It's funny, really - us humans are so fixated on creating technology that can do the impossible. What we are essentially doing is giving machines the power that we could not fathom ever having due to our anatomical constraints. Humans are creating their own genocide.

In getting ready for college I have been paying attention to a lot of DARPA's projects in the last few months. The extent of what they can do is amazing. We are talking cameras that take 1 petabyte photos, AIs that can control an entire combat zones, and robotics right out of a SciFi film. They are pretty much the closest thing we have to mad scientists on Earth. Given some time, I would love to help in following up on this post. (As I last stated, my school work has been kicking my ass recently. Looking into what I really want to do, SATs and all that.)

• 3 weeks later...

FLESH EATING ROBOTS

Let's talk the possibility of flesh eating robots.

This all came about because I was watching an Alex Jones show, and early on it mentioned the EATR robot. I found the show's headlines, Rule by DARPA Death Bots, and Robot Alchemy to be very enticing, so I had to check it out. The show brought up a lot of interesting points about in technology today robots are now building other robots to replace human workers at Foxconn. Also, when we look at AI today used robots, we have robots that are able to make logical decisions. How long will it be before they realize that they don't need us creators anymore?

The whole Alex Jones show can be seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85nJOoZNVw4

This story is actually about 3 years old...

tEVXw-aE3as

EATR ROBOT

A EATR Robot runs on bio-mass for fuel. It's purpose is to be an autonomous robotic vehicle able to perform long range, long endurance missions, indefinitely, without the need for conventional refueling.

Energetically Autonomous Tactical Robot (EATR) Project

http://www.robotictechnologyinc.com/index.php/EATR

On the website, the first link you see is an important message concerning EATR to tell you that despite rumors from FoxNews.com & CNET, etc., EATR is not designed to be a flesh-eating robot. They say it's strictly vegetarian (and solar if needed). The logic they use is that desecration of corpses on the battlefield is a warcrime, and DARPA doesn't sanction warcrimes.

The fact that this disclaimer even has to be here sounds fishy :lol:;)

This disclaimer ignores the fact that the whole rumors about it being a flesh-eating robot come straight from project proposal saying the biomass fuel included chicken fat. Check this out...

http://www.robotictechnologyinc.com/ima ... l%2009.pdf

Biomass, agricultural waste, coal,

municipal trash, kerosene, ethanol, diesel, gasoline, heavy fuel, chicken fat, palm oil, cottonseed oil, algae oil, hydrogen, propane, etc. – individually or in combination

There it is, they plan to make robots that run on chicken fat.

And on a similar note...

FLY EATING ROBOT

In my research I also found a video on a Fly Eating Robot being made by Bristol Robotics Laboratory

Ecobot-1

ooGTNpZKAZY

The next generation of environment friendly robots are on the way. This "predator" robot needs flies to digest in order to create energy for movement. Although the distance covered after "eating" one fly is about couple of centimeters, the technology opens new perspective to fueling our vehicles.

Ecobot-3

(it's getting bigger)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EcoBot

Keep in mind Bristol Robotics is involved in making drones, AI, and droids too

pgYM-Dgc9yE

If we have machines that can run on house flys and chicken fat, how far are we really away from having machines that can run on humans?

The Future of Robotics and Artificial Intelligence

Jimmy Zeilinski tweeted on March 18th this link

Scientific Reader. I, Quantum Robot

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/guest-blog/2013/03/17/i-quantum-robot/

AY4ajbu_G3k

Imagine the combination of advanced AI being put into drones that needs minimal human interaction. They can problem solve for themselves and can feed themselves in an effort to be self sufficient out in the field. How long before the AI perceptions realizes humans are made of biomass too?

They won't need us for anything other than food.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Truth is Stranger than Fiction

A few months ago I started reading an independent comic book series called Transfusion : Vampires versus Robots, written by famous horror author Steve Niles, with artwork by Menton3.

It's set in a futuristic setting where the basic premise is robots run on human blood. Humanity is now on the brink of extinction. And now the Vampires are forced to go to war against the Robots over the last of their mutual food supply. It's a story of survival of the fittest.

So far it's been awesome! Every page of Menton3's art is worthy of being in an art gallary. I recommend buying it whenever it comes out complete in a hardcover or trade paperback form.

Minus the vampires, this is the type of sci-fi horror I worry we can be headed towards

- Mix

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...