Facts About FALLOUT Protection Brochure

MixMasterNut

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enjoy the music :lol:

WFUqh7uF1G4

I think this type of propaganda was made simply to give citizens a false sense of security so that they'll think they know what to do in case of such an emergency.

AlphaSnake":1k9f765u]Reminds me of the scene from Fight Club were Norton & pit are on the plane.

Pit tells Norton his theory of why they put oxygen masks on planes.

Tyler Durden: [pointing at an emergency instruction manual on a plane] You know why they put oxygen masks on planes?

Norton: So you can breathe.

Tyler Durden: Oxygen gets you high. In a catastrophic emergency, you're taking giant panicked breaths. Suddenly you become euphoric, docile. You accept your fate. It's all right here. Emergency water landing - 600 miles an hour. Blank faces, calm as Hindu cows.

Norton: That's, um... That's an interesting theory.

Fight Club was brilliant in so many ways.

Still it highlights our point.

Regards Alpha.

- Mix

I very much hope the following news story that came out today will be an isolated incident....

In the 50's & 60's, the the government used to encourage people to build underground fallout shelters.

Now the government is punishing an elderly life-long Austin resident, named Joe Del Rio, for owning one. Treating him like he's a terrorist, and unconstitutionally trying to seize his house from underneath him.

Link to FOX news story here:

http://nation.foxnews.com/joe-del-rio/2012/05/09/police-seize-man-s-home-having-underground-bunker

The following news story is a good look back at the Fallout Shelter era, and how we Americas have eventually distanced ourselves from that knowledge and fear in the present era.

JYKsmLHtKmM

I live in southern California, where we are geographically prone to having to deal with earthquakes. I remember in grade school, we often had to perform government mandated earthquake drills, which would train us kids to hide under our desks in the event of encountering a live Earthquake.

I clearly remember at least one of my school teachers telling us, that as kids, they had to do the exact same drills. Except the drills they did in their generation were designed for survival in the case of an actual nuclear attack.

Growing up at the very end of the Cold War era, I remember I was always grateful that we were hiding under our desk from the earthquakes rather than the nukes

• 3 weeks later...

I found a couple films titled "Facts About Fallout", created by the Department of Defense's Office of Civil Defense. You may notice the brochure makes a cameo in each of these videos.

zV-9690Iuiw

yfqr2F3XALs

fi5erYblASE

More videos from the Office of Civil Defense. These ones are focused on teaching kids on what to do in case of a nuclear attack. If your parents/grandparents grew up in America during the 50s & 60s, you should ask them to recall the gov. mandated nuclear attack drills they endured.

IKqXu-5jw60

n2djuNBHwrg

The puppet in this reminds me of Fallout Boy

Civil Defense representative unveils a Family Fallout Shelter. Gives a good view of what an actual family fallout shelter looks like.

1frSZhYwpXo