Code Cracked - Coordinates to TACITUS Street in Netherlands

John

Complete source;

http://www.codblackopsblog.com/third-bl ... cret-code/

I do not take credit for the finding, I'm just making the post. Anything from the site will be quoted.

The third piece of intel has been revealed on callofduty.com recently, and it’s even more cryptic than the last one. This time we have some sort of code. A series of changing numbers and letters thought to be an old version of hexadecimal.

The code can be broken down in to five separate combinations:

34.D46660-CBE.2BC7C68D1

34.D4416E-A98.2B7886AC1

34.849C64-271.272956371

34.34E76B-AFC.2FD106541

34.84E56C-C4E.2718662D1

Something to note about the codes is that the numbers 34.46.261 stay static across all combinations (thanks @Bucks).

Pretty sure this one is going to prove hard to crack. Any code breakers out there?

UPDATE: Garret Capone has found something very interesting with the code. He came up with this longitude and latitude (somehow): N 51° 58′ 57.9918″ E 5° 19′ 39.7862″. Where is this exactly? Its a residential street in The Netherlands called… Tacitus! The very same Tacitus from the second intel unlock that’s thought to be a weapons manufacturer in the upcoming game.

The coordinates link to somewhere in Netherlands, in which a street is named Tacitus. This throws off a lot of our theories, just thought I would share this with you guys. Any ideas?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I contacted the guy on twitter, he has yet to provide any details on how he "cracked" it.

I honestly think he search "Tacitus" on google earth and came up with that, because there is no evidence that he got those co-ords.

If you google "Tacitus Road" that comes up.

Calling BS, there is mo explanation how he got the coords from the codes.

I don't see any similarities with code and the coords. And a residential street on Netherlands with basically nothing but houses doesn't seem to have anything to do with the game except coincide with name, just lake the tacitus site.

So lets keep solving what the code really means.