Detailed Information on Tacitus Project

yumad

What is Tacitus? Tacitus has risen out from the ashes apparently from shutting down around the 90's. But now, if you visit there Website now, there is an Image that is changing everyday. In the image, there are new lines added. http://tacitus.com/ You wont be able to see it now because it already has changed. BUT, what I can tell you, the line that says "Discovery comes from Play. Stay Tuned" Those weren't there a couple days ago. As far as we know, this Site has been in the dark for Years. But, thanks to our good friend FPSRussia, he has dropped us a link to that site in his video showing the Quadrotor. One of Call of Duty's supposed New Killstreak.

SNPJMk2fgJU

This video was discovered long before Call of Duty released it onto it's own site. But, because FPSRussia showed us this new "Killstreak" and was even so kind as to leave us a link to "Tacitus", it has risen alot of suspicion as to what Tacitus is. But, I have done a little research and found a couple of Forums about how Tacitus was an Old Roman Astronomer. That's all I know about him. But, what is interesting, is that I have found a link to the guy that Owns the Tacitus website, there are actually 2 websites that have the same image that are made from the Same person. http://coale.com But, what's funny about that site, is if you look at the Title Bar of the Site, the Words "The Tacitus Project" is misspelled "Tghe Tacitus Project". Which also adds on to the Suspicion. People have been searching World at War and Blackops to find representations of the Tacitus Project. None have been successful. But lets get back to Howard Coale. The owner of the Tacitus Project website. He has another website for his Own Company. After reading through the website, I noticed that he specializes in a few things. This is an actual quote from the Website:

"Specialties

3D data visualization, interaction design, HCI, human factors design, visual data modeling, "data game" design and development, 3D design, graphic design, user experience design, information design, contextual research, user research, usability, iterative prototype design, prototype design and testing."

Notice how he Specializes in 3D Data Visualization, Interaction Design, etc. All things that are in the CoD Game. So, could the Tacitus Project be related to the Call of Duty project? Possibly. But, going back to the Tacitus Project Website, at the very bottom it says: "Black Ops 2: Weapons Manufacturer in the game. Not us." What could that mean? Alot of things to be honest. Feel free to tell us what that means. But, now we KNOW for a fact that they have something to do with Black Ops 2. Why? Because it has the name straight on the site! But, Knowing FPSRussia, I doubt he would just be wearing a shirt that had a company that died and came back as soon as Call of Duty announced a new game on the horizon.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The website is NOT linked to Treyarch's next game.

-Request lock.

Well, we don't know that. But, with the reasoning that there is alot of evidence showing that it very well could be. There's no doubt that it very well could be. Plus, Tacitus is now on the http://callofduty.com Website. It shows clearly a Tacitus Image. But, Because it says Tacitus, it isn't directly linked to the http://tacitus.com site as well. But, if you look closely at the Tacitus website Image, the logo they have very well closely resembles the Treyarch Logo. I totally agree that it isn't Directly pointed at Call of Duty, but it very well could be. There would be no doubt in my mind that it could. Unless someone finds another company or link that shows the same EXACT logo that the Call of Duty Site shows, then we will officially know. I will dig deeper and try to expose the real Tacitus Site. But other than that, this is as close as we can get as to True evidence.

-Request lock.

Well, we don't know that. But, with the reasoning that there is alot of evidence showing that it very well could be. There's no doubt that it very well could be. Plus, Tacitus is now on the http://callofduty.com Website. It shows clearly a Tacitus Image. But, Because it says Tacitus, it isn't directly linked to the http://tacitus.com site as well. But, if you look closely at the Tacitus website Image, the logo they have very well closely resembles the Treyarch Logo. I totally agree that it isn't Directly pointed at Call of Duty, but it very well could be. There would be no doubt in my mind that it could. Unless someone finds another company or link that shows the same EXACT logo that the Call of Duty Site shows, then we will officially know. I will dig deeper and try to expose the real Tacitus Site. But other than that, this is as close as we can get as to True evidence.

YES WE KNOW.

First FPSRussia said its not the website and now the website has itself updated the site saying they don't have anything to do with Black Ops 2.

Search before making new threads. There is even sticky about the site not being anything to do with the game.

-Request lock.

YES WE KNOW.

First FPSRussia said its not the website and now the website has itself updated the site saying they don't have anything to do with Black Ops 2.

Search before making new threads. There is even sticky about the site not being anything to do with the game.

We will all just have to wait and see it all unfold. Some people may be wrong, some may be right. FPSRussia may be right as well, but, a question. Where in the world would he find or get an Tacitus T-Shirt? I doubt he would just randomly make it, and for it to just pop up on the Call of Duty website is fishy. I may be wrong as to hitting the Tacitus Website directly, like I said, I'll dig deep further and find out more information as it rolls along.

The website is not linked to the Tacitus that you are referring to, but there is something linked, no doubt. If you go to the website it says at the bottom;

Basically what they are trying to say is, if I'm interpreting that correctly, Tacitus will be a gun manufacturer, in the game, meaning the made up company Tacitus will produce wonder weapons if I'm not mistaken? Also, Tacitus was was a Roman Senator, who was most famous for writing about the death of Augustus, I remember studying. I looked into it further, and found that Tacitus wrote about a solar eclipse shortly after Augustus' death. Also, the supposed release date of BO2 is November 13, 2012, which is also the date of the next solar eclipse.

Just found out a little something that may peak your interest. Tacitus actually means "mute, silent". I dug further, The Tacitus Logo on the Call of Duty Website is actually a new Group (Task Force 141, etc). This is not official but it is a theory that has been floating around. It may be a new group that may be incorporated into the game. But, I also found out that it may be a Company that has been hired by Activision to help with this Game. (Incase you all didn't know, Activison bought all rights to Black Ops up to Black Ops 8 or 9, not sure) Treyarch will be in it, but they do NOT own the rights to Black Ops any longer. Those are 2 theory's that are under way. I don't think the second one is very possible, but the first one may be very well under way.

Just found out a little something that may peak your interest. Tacitus actually means "mute, silent". I dug further, The Tacitus Logo on the Call of Duty Website is actually a new Group (Task Force 141, etc). This is not official but it is a theory that has been floating around. It may be a new group that may be incorporated into the game. But, I also found out that it may be a Company that has been hired by Activision to help with this Game. (Incase you all didn't know, Activison bought all rights to Black Ops up to Black Ops 8 or 9, not sure) Treyarch will be in it, but they do NOT own the rights to Black Ops any longer. Those are 2 theory's that are under way. I don't think the second one is very possible, but the first one may be very well under way.

WE KNOW THIS YOU ARE SUPER BEHIND!

The website is not linked to the Tacitus that you are referring to, but there is something linked, no doubt. If you go to the website it says at the bottom;

Basically what they are trying to say is, if I'm interpreting that correctly, Tacitus will be a gun manufacturer, in the game, meaning the made up company Tacitus will produce wonder weapons if I'm not mistaken? Also, Tacitus was was a Roman Senator, who was most famous for writing about the death of Augustus, I remember studying. I looked into it further, and found that Tacitus wrote about a solar eclipse shortly after Augustus' death. Also, the supposed release date of BO2 is November 13, 2012, which is also the date of the next solar eclipse.

That may be a very good point. It may very well be true. It is very possible that a group named Tacitus is creating weapons of mass-destruction, read my Post about what I found out. That may back up this theory.

Apologies, Just trying to help here.

Apologies, Just trying to help here.

It's okay man. It's starting to get wild around here again, just trying to keep the stuff we know that is false from the stuff we know that's true.

Welcome to the site. :)

Some of you may have already seen this, some of you may haven't. But here is a leaked image of the Quadarotor with the Tacitus Logo Watermarked into it. Further going into depth of the fact that "Tacitus" may be a Weapons Manufacturer in Black Ops 2. It's Confirmed, Tacitus has NOTHING to do with Call of Duty Black Ops 2. Tacitus is just a Group in Black Ops 2 that creates weapons in the game. That is a quote from the actual site of Tacitus.

Now try to get this:

http://www.tacitus.com

Is NOT related to:

[*:27gwbkem]Treyarch
    [*:27gwbkem]Black Ops 2
    [*:27gwbkem]FPSRussia
    [*:27gwbkem]Quadrotor
    [*:27gwbkem]Tacitus shirt
    [*:27gwbkem]Tacitus logo in callofduty.com
    [*:27gwbkem]Call of Duty
    [*:27gwbkem]Any projects of Activision
    [*:27gwbkem]Viral campaign of the next game

Note, I just said that it has Nothing to do with Call of Duty...I said that it was a Group being used in the Game.

Now try to get this:

http://www.tacitus.com

Is NOT related to:

[*:2dsg81ke]Treyarch
    [*:2dsg81ke]Black Ops 2
    [*:2dsg81ke]FPSRussia
    [*:2dsg81ke]Quadrotor
    [*:2dsg81ke]Tacitus shirt
    [*:2dsg81ke]Tacitus logo in callofduty.com
    [*:2dsg81ke]Call of Duty
    [*:2dsg81ke]Any projects of Activision
    [*:2dsg81ke]Viral campaign of the next game

Note, I just said that it has Nothing to do with Call of Duty...I said that it was a Group being used in the Game.

You said:

Tacitus is just a Group in Black Ops 2 that creates weapons in the game. That is a quote from the actual site of Tacitus.

Anything that is said on tacitus.com is not confirming anything except that its not related to anything.

But yes Tacitus is most likely a weapons manufacturer in Black Ops 2. We have known this, you should read stickies before posting. Because so far everything you have posted has been discussed here. If you have some thing new to add post in the existing threads.

That may be a very good point. It may very well be true. It is very possible that a group named Tacitus is creating weapons of mass-destruction, read my Post about what I found out. That may back up this theory.

Also, in Black Ops there was a theory about the company creating wonder weapons, I remember reading across the forums, it had something to do with a specific number, I just have to find it. This could go along perfectly with your theory. If I can find the theory, I'll definitely post back with it. They could be the same gun manufacturer that produced the VR-11, and maybe the upcoming Quadrortor? I'll research it now.

Also, in Black Ops there was a theory about the company creating wonder weapons, I remember reading across the forums, it had something to do with a specific number, I just have to find it. This could go along perfectly with your theory. If I can find the theory, I'll definitely post back with it. They could be the same gun manufacturer that produced the VR-11, and maybe the upcoming Quadrortor? I'll research it now.

Ok, What's funny is that I just read another Thread stating that Tacitus is also a Crater on the Moon. Leading to another Theory that may be that Tacitus may be the Crater on the Moon where the Base is or something like that. I JUST read that. But, again, as for a specific Number. I would trace back to Black Ops/World at War. There are numbers in there that could resemble anything. But, you could very well be right. I'm reading up and down forums looking for some solid evidence.

Im still behind the theory of the intel in Black ops: "Woods prisoner in Hanoi Hilton, CIA and MI6 want to kill Mason, Hudson and weaver will help Mason. They go off to Johannesburg because Clarke's brother is there, clues about Nova6 there etc." This future warfare speculation with "Tacitus" is starting to annoy me slightly.

The only thing I dont get is why the hell is a website that apparently has NOTHING to do with CoD's Tacitus, saying its a manufacturing company within CoD? If they have nothing to do with CoD then why do they know its a manufacturing company, and the CoD nerds and fans are still unsure because there is still no solid proof for this but a viral vid. (to my knowledge).

The logo is incredibly similar to Treyarch's but nothing unusual as company logos go. there are millions of company logos so its understandable thta they look similar, especially when you look to compare two things they seem a lot closer than they would do. This is a minor detail

It's also a bit strange that it dates the time period that "CoDBO2" would be most played and constantly worke upon: 2012-2013. I can accept this could well be an understandable coincidence. However I do find it a bit strange that they say that "there was a company called Tacitus, it lives no more". Yet I look for a company that has been called Tacitus. No avail, I used Companies' house nothing in their archives.

I know you will probably shoot me down, but I think I've put up a good little bit of feedback in defense of it being a viral website. Antoher little thing, why would they say "Black Ops 2: Weapons Manufacturer. Not us" Surely you would say somehting like "We have no association with The Call of Duty Franchise or latest installment". Or something like that.

I half believe it not to be associated, but it does seem a little odd. Just have to wait for more evidence for either camps.