How many maps do you think will ship with the game?

I am wondering what you guys think? Black Ops shipped with 3, if you count Dead Ops arcade.

Do you think they will follow the same formula as to Black Ops?

- Map with the original characters

- Map with a select cast of celebrities/icons

- Hidden gamemode/map/dead ops arcade 2? xD

or

-Just one map big or small with the original characters? (much like when they released WaW with Nacht.)

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I think 2 satisfying maps would fit. In my opinion "FIVE" was mostly bland. Dead ops was meaningless for me too, I have a certain indie game on Xbox which does DOA but 4x better for 80Mp. That left Kino. Kino was the equivalent of a dud but it was the best one that the starting maps had to offer. I just hope they put in at least ONE meaty map to sink my teeth into and savour until the first DLC. I only hope ELITE won't be waiting at the other end or I may be forced to commit consumer suicide.

Well, if these theories are correct, then When the rockets hit the earth, they hit it during the time of Pangea. if not, they can still go back to places underground, for example---The Parisian Catacombs!...oh and the underwater map was an idea after viewing the scrapped underwater multiplayer map

I'm sorry to be the bad guy here but I really don't think that 3 maps are gonna happen. They've got so much going on and I haven't seen one new thing about zombies. They would also never give us 3 + DOA because we would never buy the DLCs. That's my theory, I hope I'm wrong though.

As for the off topic answer, it's called zombie estate. It's so nice to see a fellow indie gamer out here! :D

I'll think they'll just do 2 maps, than include a hidden gamemode. Not necessarily Dead Ops 2 though, maybe something new? Or both Dead Ops 2 and a new mini-game.

As for BO/WaW maps, I dunno. There 10 maps right there. Seems a bit weird if they shipped them all out with the Hardened/Prestige edition. I think it'll go two ways.

Either WaW/BO maps ship with each DLC. Similar to content drops and collections in MW3. Release 2/3 old maps and a new one as well, however that already fills up the usual 4 slots, and leaves no room for Multiplayer maps.

Or, worst case scenario, they won't even include the old maps in the next game, and instead will give out 2 new Zombie maps each DLC, which roughly equates to 10 maps by the end, 20 in total.

Honestly, I see the worst case scenario being it. I have no-idea how they'll work the old maps in, and it just seems probable to me. They might redo the Black Ops maps, but I just have a hard time seeing Nacht der Untoten, Verruckt, Shi No Numa and Der Riese being done for a 3rd time. :/

I do hope I'm wrong though, and that all the old maps will be in it, as long as it doesn't affect them making the new ones.

I'll think they'll just do 2 maps, than include a hidden gamemode. Not necessarily Dead Ops 2 though, maybe something new? Or both Dead Ops 2 and a new mini-game.

As for BO/WaW maps, I dunno. There 10 maps right there. Seems a bit weird if they shipped them all out with the Hardened/Prestige edition. I think it'll go two ways.

Either WaW/BO maps ship with each DLC. Similar to content drops and collections in MW3. Release 2/3 old maps and a new one as well, however that already fills up the usual 4 slots, and leaves no room for Multiplayer maps.

Or, worst case scenario, they won't even include the old maps in the next game, and instead will give out 2 new Zombie maps each DLC, which roughly equates to 10 maps by the end, 20 in total.

Honestly, I see the worst case scenario being it. I have no-idea how they'll work the old maps in, and it just seems probable to me. They might redo the Black Ops maps, but I just have a hard time seeing Nacht der Untoten, Verruckt, Shi No Numa and Der Riese being done for a 3rd time. :/

I do hope I'm wrong though, and that all the old maps will be in it, as long as it doesn't affect them making the new ones.

You sir, read my mind. I'll think they'll do 2 maps, one with the characters/storyline, and then one without the characters like how FIVE was. And then they'll probably include Dead Ops 2.

As for the Hardened/Prestige, ya I bet they'll include the Black Ops zombie maps. I agree with you when you say they probably won't do the original 4 again. And if they did it would be such a huge download too with all the maps, BO1 and WaW. But maybe Hardened will have the BO1 maps and the prestige edition will have all of the maps?