Diggers

FatedTitan

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could argue that the excavators are malfunctioning and breaching areas they aren't supposed to. Considering that Maxis somehow accessed the station's computer system, it's not a far reach that the internal systems would have had data corrupted, leading to digging fiascos.

I'm pretty sure the station was built to investigate the pyramid rather than necessarily harvest 115. I don't even recall seeing any 115 around.. unlike Shangri-la. Source?

I'm pretty sure the station was built to investigate the pyramid rather than necessarily harvest 115. I don't even recall seeing any 115 around.. unlike Shangri-la. Source?

***SERVANT ENTRY A00115***

Element 115 overview:

Sources include meteors found in Shi No Numa, Tunguska, Groom Lake, Der Riese, and the Moon (Confirmed via Astronomical team)

Applications include: Transporter technology, power source for DG-2, General weapon upgrades via CWZIMOJZDUNINXPJZEKWZOLIEXZ.

Side effects include: Reanimation of dead cells, vin inherent electrical properties.

It's on vbush's account. One of the files in the Data Servant.

While I do think the pyramid was the main reason for building Griffin Station, the excavators were probably used to look for Vril Artifacts AND Element 115. 115 is a powerful source, Edward would be stupid not to harvest it from there. Not to mention the 5 dots you see on the moon in Der Riese.

In which case, they would have made it dig the ground rather than dig through the building ;)

Pi, Omicron and Epsilon are all situated far out in the landscape. The reason they can move is so the areas they can dig in is at a greater radius, which means more findings. While they probably never intended it to be used on the station, it was a pretty poor design plan to even allow them that close to the station

• 1 month later...

Pi, Omicron and Epsilon are all situated far out in the landscape. The reason they can move is so the areas they can dig in is at a greater radius, which means more findings. While they probably never intended it to be used on the station, it was a pretty poor design plan to even allow them that close to the station

I will disagree, these machines were not meant to be left alone, without maintenance, and with out workers for so long. In the height of Group 935 ( or The Third Reich, depending on which theory you believe)would have been controlling these machines by remote control, meaning that these machines wouldn't be left to the deranged thoughts of a corrupted man-puter. The addition of a sudden start up when you flip the switch could scramble the electronics, or more likely electro-mechanics, in the excavator,leaving it to rampage across the lunar surface.

• Administrators

I will disagree, these machines were not meant to be left alone, without maintenance, and with out workers for so long. In the height of Group 935 ( or The Third Reich, depending on which theory you believe)would have been controlling these machines by remote control, meaning that these machines wouldn't be left to the deranged thoughts of a corrupted man-puter. The addition of a sudden start up when you flip the switch could scramble the electronics, or more likely electro-mechanics, in the excavator,leaving it to rampage across the lunar surface.

I think that the diggers are there to dig for buried secrets, like Element 115 and VRIL Energy/Artifacts. They could have been building Griffin Station and they had to go in a certain direction. That direction would put it in harms way of the digger, but they had no intentions of using it agains the bulding, they would just move it over the building and be sure not to hit it. From there, the theory that Maxis took it over makes sense so I'll go with that.