Official CallOFDuty.com BO2 Viral thread - UPDATE 7

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt it's a handheld weapon, it looks more like one of the drone type weapons.

I think that's quite likely. We've already seen the quadrotor weapon, seems like we're going to be controlling quite a few machines this time around

I doubt it's a handheld weapon, it looks more like one of the drone type weapons.

I think that's quite likely. We've already seen the quadrotor weapon, seems like we're going to be controlling quite a few machines this time around

I agree.

If this is a rifle, it's extremely poor design of what people think that is a scope and underbarrel grenade launcher (strange combo too). Because of the screws, it has to be something smaller than the earlier mentioned artillery/tanks. A UGV drone seems plausible. Still looks really industrial/metallic to me... not something you expect on a state-of-the-art drone used by the Black Operations.

Also... I'm wondering what this blue thingy is (red circle):

First thing that popped in my mind was a skyscraper in smoke... being really far in the background.

Call me crazy.. but what if this is an image taken from the sky? The background could be the floor below and the gate would be the top of the structure...

Just another idea.

- Waffles

Hmm I see what you mean. To me the 'floor' looks like dry farmland divided into plots with some buildings on it. the blue rectangle I pointed out earlier could be a barn's roof, and the smoke makes more sense too.

So in this case, we would be looking at some kind of gun hanging under an aircraft, possible some kind of a UCAV drone.

After looking at the clearer picture the only thing I can think that the top piece would be is some sort of gun optic. I mean look at the inside it looks clear like you would look through it. Why does the fact that has a metal piece attached automatically mean it's not a gun, just because you don't know what it is? This is supposed to be a prototype.

I think maybe the metal thing, (looking at how it could pivot back and forth on the screw-like piece) might be for after an extremely fast shot like a rail gun or something, the whole barrel could recoil back and then reset itself using the metal piece. This is obviously just a wild guess but still.

Also, I still have no idea what the underbarrel would be, but the piece under it looks like a grip to me.

Call me crazy.. but what if this is an image taken from the sky? The background could be the floor below and the gate would be the top of the structure...

Just another idea.

- Waffles

Hmm I see what you mean. To me the 'floor' looks like dry farmland divided into plots with some buildings on it. the blue rectangle I pointed out earlier could be a barn's roof, and the smoke makes more sense too.

So in this case, we would be looking at some kind of gun hanging under an aircraft, possible some kind of a UCAV drone.

see where the green circle is thats what im talking about

i think its camo i mean it dips at perfect angles i havent seen anything on the ground like that and on top of that the color paterns keep going on the edge im talking about

Is this a gun then or what, has nobody ever seen anything like this?

Like I said I still think it is small robot drone of some kind.

If someone can show me a gun that looks like this then I may change my mind.

This is the closest I can find:

Metal storm is being used on Sword robots:

It could be a combination of these images, if Treyarch designed it then they would have made it look cooler I suppose.

@Milo, it isn't fields matey, I have been in small aircraft many times, to me it looks like a metal blast door. The Drone is guarding this entrance or breaching it...

I don't know...

Feel like I should just give up on this one.

Regards Alpha.

I think maybe the metal thing, (looking at how it could pivot back and forth on the screw-like piece) might be for after an extremely fast shot like a rail gun or something, the whole barrel could recoil back and then reset itself using the metal piece. This is obviously just a wild guess but still.

Also, I still have no idea what the underbarrel would be, but the piece under it looks like a grip to me.

I don't want it to seem like I'm bashing your idea, but 'railgun' keeps cropping up. Do you mean what I think you mean (as if in THE railgun? i.e. Metal Gear Solid/Transformers 2 type railgun)? Bad examples I know :roll:

The last I heard of a railgun in real life, the one time they test fired it, it ripped itself to pieces, tore loose from its mounting and that was after just one shot. I could be wrong (either I have the wrong info or it has been improved since then). Please feel free to correct me, as I said, It has been a while since I looked into it/heard anything about it.

Although, I suppose with it being Black Ops, they could be using a perfected version.

I still believe it's from a drone though, quite possibly from an aircraft as MrRoflWaffles suggested. However, the background does look like camo to me, so I think it's more likely a ground drone. Unless we're viewing the underside of the aircraft?

I don't understand why it has to directly resemble any form of gun we actually know. This is Treyarch we are talking about just because the Quadcopter hints at future warfare doesn't necessarily mean that it is going to be set in the future. My guess is that it is some kind of custom build maybe homemade that explains the irregular metal mesh that everybody is questioning, how do we know that in the story some drastic turning point has happened so guns have to fashioned this way? Also the fact that the "Noob Tube" isn't hollow is maybe due to the fact that the game is still in a pre-built form so they don't have the full detailed models fully rendered and modelled yet, this is just my guess and good work with the solving and speculation of these clues. :D

I don't want it to seem like I'm bashing your idea, but 'railgun' keeps cropping up. Do you mean what I think you mean (as if in THE railgun? i.e. Metal Gear Solid/Transformers 2 type railgun)? Bad examples I know :roll:

The last I heard of a railgun in real life, the one time they test fired it, it ripped itself to pieces, tore loose from its mounting and that was after just one shot. I could be wrong (either I have the wrong info or it has been improved since then). Please feel free to correct me, as I said, It has been a while since I looked into it/heard anything about it.

Although, I suppose with it being Black Ops, they could be using a perfected version.

I still believe it's from a drone though, quite possibly from an aircraft as MrRoflWaffles suggested. However, the background does look like camo to me, so I think it's more likely a ground drone. Unless we're viewing the underside of the aircraft?

In the part of my post you quoted me in, I did say it was a wild guess lol. But it's been hinted several times that the game is set in the near future, and it's likely we will be using railguns in the future.

In the part of my post you quoted me in, I did say it was a wild guess lol. But it's been hinted several times that the game is set in the near future, and it's likely we will be using railguns in the future.

My bad, should have left that in I guess haha.

I was actually hoping someone would prove me wrong and tell me that they exist and are used today :(

The only problem with a railgun is that it's extremely powerful. If you shot someone there'd be nothing left but a few pieces of hair and maybe a tooth lol. Not exactly stealthy tbh. I reckon it would only be practical if you're up against a seriously armored vehicle, but even then I feel it's stepping waaay too close to Metal Gear territory.

Actually, General Atomics (same company that we already know makes a UCAV that will be in Black Ops II) has a working railgun that began testing in 2010, and is planned to start production in 2019.

Brilliant :D

I'm in the wrong side of engineering :( I'd love to work on stuff like that.

So do we know when Black Ops 2 is? Is it a future game with flashbacks? A past game with futuristic tech? I'm getting a bit lost in all of these ideas. I doubt we'll be using a railgun, and I still think it's from a drone, but it would be awesome (especially in zombies! :shock: :lol: )

I'm pretty sure it will be in the near future possibly with flashbacks, but after reading people's posts in this forum, it seems I'm the only one. Everyone else thinks it's 80s, 90s, or 2000s. Anyway, like you said, killing a large group of zombies with a railgun would be...epic.

Can we read posts? A lot of you are saying thing someone said two posts ago :D

I still maintain like waffles that its in the ait, but rather its part of the drone itself, hense it obscuring the foreground :D An object as far down as the background suggests shouldn't be that less detailed from afar and yet only a part being shown, to do that it would have to be a few stories high, be at an impossible angle (almost 70 degrees to the floor by estimate only) and be very large...

And upon observation, we see that the ground is infact metal! Hense the overlap on the left in Alpha's image. Much rather this is a close up of a side of a machine, swaying my view to that of Alpha's

Regards, Shoreyo (What? Every other mod/admin signs their posts now, even though we know very well who is posting :P)