Official CallOFDuty.com BO2 Viral thread - UPDATE 7

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys wait? When did Apollo (forgot about number) shuttle explode? Could this be the shuttle?

It was Apollo One that caught fire during a test, killing the entire crew. It could be something NASA related. If we're still thinking of this game being a direct sequel to Black Ops, maybe the Soviet Union is trying to sabotage our Space Program just like we did to them.

FFS its not a gun! The Greatest minds behind warfare would attach two weapons meant for presumably the best the millitary have (SAS, Seals, MF1 etc.) USING A STEEL/IRON GATE!

Get it out of your heads, its not a gun. Plus like Ive said across these posts. Why now all of sudden is Call of Duty catering for Left handed weapons! ALSO! His forefinger looks very very square! ITS NOT A GUN! Actually look at the picture.

FFS its not a gun! The Greatest minds behind warfare would attach two weapons meant for presumably the best the millitary have (SAS, Seals, MF1 etc.) USING A STEEL/IRON GATE!

Get it out of your heads, its not a gun. Plus like Ive said across these posts. Why now all of sudden is Call of Duty catering for Left handed weapons! ALSO! His forefinger looks very very square! ITS NOT A GUN! Actually look at the picture.

Calm down a little buddy.

We're not going to have a confirmation on this anytime soon so don't get to bent up over disagreements, remember this is all speculation.

And it could just be a makeshift rig for the launcher, and those wouldn't be fingers they'd be the launcher grip.

I've been toying with the thought that might be a Railgun/Gauss weapon.

i dont know if it was you but some one mentioned that before and some one mentioned the other parts looking like the front of a ship(before the hover craft comment) and maybe its a ship carrying a rail gun?

I've been toying with the thought that might be a Railgun/Gauss weapon.

i dont know if it was you but some one mentioned that before and some one mentioned the other parts looking like the front of a ship(before the hover craft comment) and maybe its a ship carrying a rail gun?

Or a hovercraft with a rail gun.

I remember when the big bo2 leak came out and they statred heat vision as a point streak. It makes me feel that the game is in the future due to the fact that infrared scoped in bo was terribly low tech. Maybe the scout on top of (if it is even) the gun is the heat vision on.

Ps i said the bow of a ship

TheBG out

Best guess I have so far is that this is a close up of another drone:

Note the sensor.

Overview:

Foster-Miller claims the TALON is one of the fastest robots in production, one that can travel through sand, water, and snow as well as climb stairs. The TALON transmits in color, black and white, infrared, and/or night vision to its operator, who may be up to 1,000 m away. It can run off lithium-ion batteries for a maximum of 7 days on standby independently before needing recharging. It has an 8.5 hour battery life at normal operating speeds, 2 standard lead batteries providing 2 hours each and 1 optional Lithium Ion providing an additional 4.5 hours. It can also withstand repeated decontamination allowing it to work for long periods of time in contaminated areas. It was used in Ground Zero after the September 11th attacks working for 45 days with many decontaminations without electronic failure.[1] This led to the further development of the

HAZMAT TALON:

It weighs less than 100 lb (45 kg) or 60 lb (27 kg) for the Reconnaissance version. Its cargo bay accommodates a variety of sensor payloads. The robot is controlled through a two-way radio or a Fiber-optic link from a portable or wearable Operator Control Unit (OCU) that provides continuous data and video feedback for precise vehicle positioning.

Regular (IED/EOD) TALON: Carries sensors and a robotic manipulator, which is used by the U.S. Military for explosive ordnance disposal and disarming improvised explosive devices.

Special Operations TALON (SOTAL): Does not have the robotic arm manipulator but carries day/night color cameras and listening devices; lighter due to the absence of the arm, for reconnaissance missions.

SWORDS TALON: For small arms combat and guard roles. Tested in December 2003 in Kuwait prior to deployment in Iraq.

HAZMAT TALON: Uses chemical, gas, temperature, and radiation sensors that are displayed in real time to the user on a hand-held display unit. It is now being tested by the US Armament Research Development and Engineering Center ARDEC.

The robot costs approximately $60,000 in its standard form. Foster-Miller was subsequently bought out by QinetiQ, a United Kingdom military developer.

SWORDS:

Foster-Miller TALON SWORDS units equipped with various weaponry.

SWORDS or the Special Weapons Observation Reconnaissance Detection System, is a weaponized version being developed by Foster-Miller for the US Army. The robot is composed of a weapons system mounted on the standard TALON chassis. The current price of one unit is $230,000; however, Foster-Miller claims that when it enters mass production the price may drop to between $150,000 and $180,000.

There are a variety of different weapons that can be placed on the SWORDS; M16 rifle, 5.56 mm SAW M249, 7.62 mm M240 machine gun, .50 cal M82 Barrett rifle, a six barreled 40 mm grenade launcher or quad 66 mm M202A1 FLASH incendiary weapon.

SWORDS units have demonstrated the ability to shoot precisely. It is not autonomous, but instead has to be controlled by a soldier using a small console to remotely direct the device and fire its weapons. Foster-Miller are currently at work on a "Game Boy" style controller with virtual-reality goggles for future operators.

In 2007, three SWORDS units were deployed to Iraq. Each unit is armed with a M249 machine gun. This deployment marks the first time that robots are carrying guns into battle; however, their weapons have remained unused as the Army has never given the go-ahead for using them. The Army stopped funding the SWORDS robots after deploying the initial three robots. Foster-Miller is working on a successor: the Modular Advanced Armed Robotic System (MAARS)

Deployment

The Talon has been deployed in military service since 2000 - for example, in Bosnia for the movement of munitions and EOD (explosive ordnance disposal) to get rid of grenades. It was also used in Ground Zero after the September 11th attacks in search and recovery. It is the only robot used in this effort that did not require any major repair. Foster-Miller claims the Talon was used for a classified mission by US Special Forces in the war against the Taliban in Afghanistan as well as in an EOD role. In Iraq its standard role has been performing EOD and IED destruction missions. Its combat SWORDS version is now being used there in a guard role protecting front line buildings from attack. According to Foster-Miller, the robot has performed around 20,000 EOD missions in the conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Regards Alpha.

So I went back to the video by FPSRussia yet AGAIN, and well... see for yourself

These are the tags attached to the video. FPSRussia normally uses his own tags which are completely different from these, and these seem to include lots of hints to Black Ops 2. Most of them around Tacitus we already knew (Future weapons manufacturer), but the tag 'Woods' is what catches my attention.

Why is (Frank) Woods mentioned? Is he playing a big part in Black Ops 2 Campaign? Are we playing from his perspective? Can we conclude that Woods did not die in BO1? Or even further... Does FPSRussia represent Woods in his video? (Woods is able to speak russian). Or Does FPSRussia represent a Russian character working for Tacitus? :shock:

Back to the video... These 2 videos are attached to it as Response videos:

The first video is about the AR 15 'Bad News' sniper rifle, and the second one is about the R700. I've heard rumors before about the R700 returning to the CoD series, or at least people wanting it to return. Can we expect both of these rifles in BO2 or did FPSRussia attach these videos 'at random'? I don't believe in random anymore when Treyarch is involved. :lol:

Both of these rifles don't help us with a timeframe, since both are designed in the 50's/60's and continually improved and and still are used today. Both guns are more lightweight snipers using the .223 caliber cartridges. Both guns are still being used by the US Army (I think).

Hope this helps (Not with today's picture, but just in general)

Idk if that worked, but as soon as I saw that picture, I thought rocket/shuttle/anything that flies in space, I know ballistic missiles don't go to space, but you get the idea, It just explains why there are three different sets of rockets, eh who knows.

Mr.Roflwaffles pointed out that there is a screw on the bracket giving us an idea of scale.

This is a small object.

Seriously, the pictures have all been of drones correct?

Why is it hard to believe that this is a SWORD robot, or a variation of that design?

These are used in Afghanistan & Iraq, during the continuing War on Terror. They have 20,000 missions on their record.

They are used to defend buildings on the frontline as it says in the article I posted.

This is related to the quote "The future is closer than most people think. We're not ready for it"

The CIA pentagon recently recieved the largest defence budget in recorded history at $700 billion.

Most of this is going into Drones, how many drones of varying types does that buy?

Too many, we are not ready for drone armies that could be turned against their Human creators.

The War on Terror is causing a new coldwar to begin on the field of robotics & UAVs, the Israelis even has a drone boat & tank in operation:

oBW2mSpEyi0

XP6E53sxs3A

The Russian & Chinese are taking the same route.

Seems Call of Duty is going Terminator & MSG4 on us. :lol:

I also hear that the next thing for becoming a drone is this awesome tank:

6TLbviUMouI

Regards Alpha.

So I went back to the video by FPSRussia yet AGAIN, and well... see for yourself

These are the tags attached to the video. FPSRussia normally uses his own tags which are completely different from these, and these seem to include lots of hints to Black Ops 2. Most of them around Tacitus we already knew (Future weapons manufacturer), but the tag 'Woods' is what catches my attention.

Why is (Frank) Woods mentioned? Is he playing a big part in Black Ops 2 Campaign? Are we playing from his perspective? Can we conclude that Woods did not die in BO1? Or even further... Does FPSRussia represent Woods in his video? (Woods is able to speak russian). Or Does FPSRussia represent a Russian character working for Tacitus? :shock:

Back to the video... These 2 videos are attached to it as Response videos:

The first video is about the AR 15 'Bad News' sniper rifle, and the second one is about the R700. I've heard rumors before about the R700 returning to the CoD series, or at least people wanting it to return. Can we expect both of these rifles in BO2 or did FPSRussia attach these videos 'at random'? I don't believe in random anymore when Treyarch is involved. :lol:

Both of these rifles don't help us with a timeframe, since both are designed in the 50's/60's and continually improved and and still are used today. Both guns are more lightweight snipers using the .223 caliber cartridges. Both guns are still being used by the US Army (I think).

Hope this helps (Not with today's picture, but just in general)

It is stated that Woods survived and is a POW in the Hanoi Hilton. It was stated in an email from "X" to Mason in the CIA terminal.

Mr.Roflwaffles pointed out that there is a screw on the bracket giving us an idea of scale.

This is a small object.

Seriously, the pictures have all been of drones correct?

Why is it hard to believe that this is a SWORD robot, or a variation of that design?

These are used in Afghanistan & Iraq, during the continuing War on Terror. They have 20,000 missions on their record.

They are used to defend buildings on the frontline as it says in the article I posted.

This is related to the quote "The future is closer than most people think. We're not ready for it"

The CIA pentagon recently recieved the largest defence budget in recorded history at $700 billion.

Most of this is going into Drones, how many drones of varying types does that buy?

Too many, we are not ready for drone armies that could be turned against their Human creators.

The War on Terror is causing a new coldwar to begin on the field of robotics & UAVs, the Israelis even has a drone boat & tank in operation:

oBW2mSpEyi0

XP6E53sxs3A

The Russian & Chinese are taking the same route.

Seems Call of Duty is going Terminator & MSG4 on us. :lol:

I also hear that the next thing for becoming a drone is this awesome tank:

6TLbviUMouI

Regards Alpha.

this scares me because for a while now i've recognized that the cold war didn't end it just shifted from Russia to china and now its not so much capitalism and communism as it is Freedom and dictatorship. look at all the middle easter uprisings i mean china set its damn sites on mars i don't like the thought of the world greatest space power being china. maybe this is the setting now or basically right now using what is really happening in the world. who knows.