Official CallOFDuty.com BO2 Viral thread - UPDATE 7

The main goal of the hotfix was to patch online modded XP lobbies, and online modded zombies. That was there original intention. But this does mean that they were in the areas of zombies at the time, so it maybe a possibility that they changed something minor?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the timer starts at 3:23, which could be pointing at the the zombie map pack last year which released on March 23rd. rezurrection also had a zombie map on the moon, which could've been in the crater called "Tacitus".

in the fps russia video, one of the dummys at the poker game is holding cards, the one in the center being the ace of spades.. the ace of spades card in world at war was the card that referred to the zombie mode.

in the quadrotor video, fpsrussia thanks his friend Yuri.. Yuri is a main character who died in mw3... or did he? maybe Yuri is going to be in black ops 2?

maybe they're droppin all sorts of hints for this game in all of these videos, or im just seeing what i want to see lol

right now i'm at a Zombie Base on the moon, yuri is back from the dead..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yhku5TGYjNA

Nice catch on the date for 3:23. It could be a possibility or it could just be a clock counting up as time goes by...

Something maybe underlooked is that if you enter these numbers into a phone it comes up with the zip code for somewhere in alaska

Oh yeas, a phone number. This viral could have one too :o

I still remember that creepy Black Ops phone number:

1mp-2x4nZlE

Something maybe underlooked is that if you enter these numbers into a phone it comes up with the zip code for somewhere in alaska

Oh yeas, a phone number. This viral could have one too :o

I still remember that creepy Black Ops phone number:

I doubt they would do it again, at least on a poster, would be to obvious.

The guy in the FPS video does say 'zombie terrorists no how to have a good time' right?

During the bit with the cards... The dummies also look like the have been made to look zombie-ish

FPSRussia has zombies almost in every video he has done so dunno if its anything special like everyone is saying.

The guy in the FPS video does say 'zombie terrorists no how to have a good time' right?

During the bit with the cards... The dummies also look like the have been made to look zombie-ish

FPSRussia has zombies almost in every video he has done so dunno if its anything special like everyone is saying.

Ahhh thanks for the heads up.... I knew something like that is way to obvious for Treyarch

True is that Matuzz... But the big difference is Treyarch are involved.

Need I say more.

Regards Alpha.

And that is exactly why I can't let the whole 'zombie' references in that video drop...

They are drip feeding us what we want... And we all love it that way.

None of us would want all the details on a plate.

Could also be referring to the Vietnam War, although most likely the tail end, early to mid-70s, if we are still going with the direct sequel idea. An excerpt from a page on the war..."The Viet Cong would attack in ambushes, set up booby traps, and escape through a complex network of underground tunnels. For U.S. forces, even just finding their enemy proved difficult. In every village, U.S. troops had difficulty determining which, if any, villagers were the enemy since even women and children could build booby traps or help house and feed the Viet Cong." Fits the bill, I'd say.

I don't think its going to be direct FPSRussian said in the video its like 10 15 years of tech before its regularly fielded so im guessing its going to be farther future then modern warfare. I'm just curious will they stay true to life or will they follow modern warfare's ww3 scenario as the history of the world. that and in the screens ive seen in behind the sense making of pics of the drone they had in game reference pics with osperys in the back ground so another reason i dont think its going to be in the past.

Btw, has anyone else seen this? http://www.gamestop.com/mrkt/landing/firstwave/

Something is happening 2 days after the reveal? Hmm...

First wave? BETA!?!?! :lol:

Leads to May 2nd, the same day as the posters that were shown in gamestops, this site is probably advertising pre-orders, the game probably won't even be in a stable beta stage yet and if they did one I'm guessing you would have to be an elite subscriber to access it.

Leads to May 2nd, the same day as the posters that were shown in gamestops, this site is probably advertising pre-orders, the game probably won't even be in a stable beta stage yet and if they did one I'm guessing you would have to be an elite subscriber to access it.

I don't understand why they'd use the word 'first' though. I can't see them doing 'waves' of pre-orders, that would be pretty stupid.

I don't understand why they'd use the word 'first' though. I can't see them doing 'waves' of pre-orders, that would be pretty stupid.

I think it has something to do with Pre-Order bonuses.

If I remember correctly, Mason is from Fairbanks, Alaska.

Don't know if anyone has already said this, but the numbers from 2 days ago are behaving differently now.

Fyi guys Official Xbox Magazine has posted an article saying that BO2 will take place in the near future. Definitely the most reliable source we've this from thus far.

http://www.oxm.co.uk/41014/black-ops-2- ... -anywhere/

"Activision's next Call of Duty is set in the near-future, the publisher has more or less confirmed via pictures of helicopter robots. "

They're not completely sure either.

True, good point.

Don't know if anyone has already said this, but the numbers from 2 days ago are behaving differently now.

Fyi guys Official Xbox Magazine has posted an article saying that BO2 will take place in the near future. Definitely the most reliable source we've this from thus far.

http://www.oxm.co.uk/41014/black-ops-2- ... -anywhere/

"Activision's next Call of Duty is set in the near-future, the publisher has more or less confirmed via pictures of helicopter robots. "

They're not completely sure either.

True, good point.

CoD 4 was set around 2012

MW2 was set around 2016

MW3 was set around 2016

and Treyarch cant make a game that is in the same time frame of the MW Series so it has to be the far future or around the Cold War period