Official CallOFDuty.com BO2 Viral thread - UPDATE 7

I'm not saying he's wrong, but quite a few people made that point (Tacitus St.) before the code even came out. It is far too easy to click an area on that street, get the coordinates, and say you deciphered the code. I'm not putting my bets on some random person on another forum with no proof. We have better standards here and if he cannot provide proof, it didn't happen. No need to bend the rules for people who aren't even on this site.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to see that we're still on this friggin' subject. Clearly you haven't read anything, it was confirmed by FPSRussia that Tacitus is a BO2 weapons manufacturer, after that the site put that on there to avoid conflict with Treyarch and confusing everyone. For the last time, it's not related to CoD.

You are correct,

But this site may be connected...

http://www.TacitusProject.com

This however is related. I'm sure 3arc got the domain for tacitusproject and plans on making a website about Tacitus, but for now they're linking us to the CoD site.

Glad to see that we're still on this friggin' subject. Clearly you haven't read anything, it was confirmed by FPSRussia that Tacitus is a BO2 weapons manufacturer, after that the site put that on there to avoid conflict with Treyarch and confusing everyone. For the last time, it's not related to CoD.

You are correct,

But this site may be connected...

http://www.TacitusProject.com

This however is related. I'm sure 3arc got the domain for tacitusproject and plans on making a website about Tacitus, but for now they're linking us to the CoD site.

Treyarch doesn't own that domain.

I was snooping around when I came across the same site perfectlemonade was talking about. I deleted everything past the .uk part and it shows test 1 and test 2. Inside those was hundreds files. Most of them named ILLUMINA. I don't know if it has to do with anything, but don't download any of the files. We don't know what they contain...

EDIT: I was lurking and saw MOST of the files in the /ftp folder were modified TODAY. Hm... Interesting.

ftp://ftp.1000genomes.ebi.ac.uk/vol1/ftp/

EDIT 2: They don't need to be downloaded. All are readable.

Thats not entirely true, no one knows who owns it, the registrar is FastDomain Inc. For all you know its owned by EA and not Activision. I believe the same thing happened with GKNova6. The possibility that its being setup for something soon is possible, The fact that its being directed to callofduty.com kind of says something but anything is possible at this point.

I was snooping around when I came across the same site perfectlemonade was talking about. I deleted everything past the .uk part and it shows test 1 and test 2. Inside those was hundreds files. Most of them named ILLUMINA. I don't know if it has to do with anything, but don't download any of the files. We don't know what they contain...

EDIT: I was lurking and saw MOST of the files in the /ftp folder were modified TODAY. Hm... Interesting.

i think your over thinking just a tad bit :/. most of the clues from gknova6 were literally right in front of us just everyone over thought about certain things. If something has you digging across the web its probably not correct. treyarch wants you to speculate, think, more than search.

Thats not entirely true, no one knows who owns it, the registrar is FastDomain Inc. For all you know its owned by EA and not Activision. I believe the same thing happened with GKNova6. The possibility that its being setup for something soon is possible, The fact that its being directed to callofduty.com kind of says something but anything is possible at this point.

GKNOVA6 was registered by markmonitor like every other Activision domain, this one would be the same.

Well according to all the Activision Domains that i check via Whois They are all Hidden now, Given that Company's can switch their Registrars i wouldn't count it out yet. But who knows like i said it could be a fake or could be real. Time will tell its to early to play the 'who owns that' game ;)

I think the game is going to come out on 13th of November.

The mentioning of the word eclipse on the boxes in game stores,

http://cdn.gamerant.com/wp-content/uplo ... isplay.jpg

COD games coming out on early November, connection of Tacitus to the Eclipse and this;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_ecli ... r_13,_2012

Adds up imo.

Its been known that the game would come out on the 13th, Codename for the game is Eclipse and like you said there is an Eclipse on the 13th ;)

Thanks for re-sharing for those of us who dont know :D

Well according to all the Activision Domains that i check via Whois They are all Hidden now, Given that Company's can switch their Registrars i wouldn't count it out yet. But who knows like i said it could be a fake or could be real. Time will tell its to early to play the 'who owns that' game ;)

They can't be hidden that well :S

http://whois.domaintools.com/gknova6.com

http://whois.domaintools.com/callofduty.com

And here's a list of every single domain

http://who.is/nameserver/ns2.activision.com/

The codes are coordinates (I didn't crack it)

34.849264,-271.272956371 - 34.849264,88.72704362899998,"Nyima, Nagqu, Xizang (Tibet), China"

34.843562,-243.271266231 - 34.843562,116.72873376899997,"Shanghai Rd, Peixian, Xuzhou, Jiangsu, China"

34.346660,-223.282726831 - 34.34666,136.717273169,"Japan, Mie Prefecture, Watarai District, Minamiise, Hanma, 573"

34.344163,-298.287886221 - 34.344163,61.71211377899999,"A1, Afghanistan"

34.343762,-232.233106541 - 34.343762,127.76689345900002,"San 421 Yeondo-ri, Nam-myeon, Yeosu-si, Jeollanam-do, South Korea"

Interestingly all of the places are aligned..

INCOMING WALL OF SEXY TEXT

@LiamFTWinter

They have used NETWORK SOLUTIONS, MARKMONITOR, NSTRA CORPORATION PTY as Registrars

Could just be a fakie :D

@smh

Considering the Game is About the "Black Ops" i would be surprised if the story take place a few years or even close to current times. Everyone needs to remember that these Black Ops Operatives where given the best of the best and Prototype weapons and Equipment. Questions can be made in what time this is taking place and to be honest i think its i the Past.

This image really piqued my interest:

It seems that the Helicopter to the right (which i add is an Osprey) is dropping off what looks like a package.

The helicopter to the Left looks something similar to the Chopper Gunner in BO but is different/Updated.

Something worth noting about the Osprey(Quoted from Wiki): "First flight: 19 March 1989"

Black Ops last left off in 1968(Quoted from Wiki).

What we can understand about this is that BO2 can take place anywhere from 1989-Current/Future

If this would be the current Time our Characters Age would be:

Jason Hudson: 57+

Alex Mason: 56+

I think within ten years of 1989 would the Story take place, given that they would keep the characters from the previous game and not disband them and start all over again with new people.

Quadrotor's have been known to date back to the 1920's so to see it near 1989 wouldn't be that far off either.

That shouldn't leave out the possibility of the game taking place in the Current or near Future but it is Very Unlikely.

As most of you know Tacitus is a Weapons Manufacturer in Black Ops 2, it is unclear if this is Campaign or Multiplayer related but im taking my chances its both, its Introduced in the Campaign and is the main Supplier of Prototype/Custom Weapons for the Black Ops Operatives. We can only Speculate by what this means in Black Ops 2's Multiplayer. Im gonna throw my cards in the wind here and say this is Tacitus Weapon Manufacturer is going to allow you to Make your own Weapons. Ex. They give you a base weapon and you get to customize it, like the Gas System, Barrel, etc. Much like Ghost Recon Future Solders System except with the changes from the last game.

In my honest Opinion this would be a GAME CHANGER and the best thing to ever be introduced into Treyarch's Call of Duty. If they want to do the impossible that is what they will need to do in order to define and make THEIR Call of Duty Stand out and to prove once and for all who is the Better Developer and we all know it is already them :)

I leave you to speculate and wonder :D

Note:

I do not account the Osprey being a Prototype so the time period can be even before that

Most of all these facts can be found on Various wiki's. I encourage you to look it up yourself and possibly find something to add :D

Last and not least this is pure Speculation and that i hope to the Gods of Olympus that come true ;)

i think your over thinking just a tad bit :/. most of the clues from gknova6 were literally right in front of us just everyone over thought about certain things. If something has you digging across the web its probably not correct. treyarch wants you to speculate, think, more than search.

Looking back at it, I sound like a lunatic xD I'm sorry about that...

The osprey was being tested in the early 80s...

That is your earliest time frame.

First public flights were in 1989.

Given we are talking about Black Ops, do you not think that they many have had access to the lastest prototype vehicles & weapons.

You know how the MIC works, they are 30-40 years ahead of what they are publically declaring.

The same thing was seen with the B-2 Stealth Bomber.

I would say 74-90 isn't out of the question for BOE's time frame.

IF, those numbers are coordinates nice work.

I would start looking into conflicts in those areas during the above time frame.

It's better than nothing I guess:

The Cold War (1979–1985) refers to the phase of a deterioration in relations between the Soviet Union and the West arising from the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan in December 1979. With the election of British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher in 1979, and United States President Ronald Reagan in 1980, a corresponding change in Western foreign policy approach towards the Soviet Union was marked with the abandonment of Détente in favor of a more confrontational attitude towards the USSR in response to their war in Afghanistan.

During this time the threat of nuclear war had reached new heights not seen since the Cuban Missile Crisis. In response to the 1979 Soviet invasion of Afghanistan, US President Jimmy Carter announced a US lead boycott of the Moscow 1980 Summer Olympics. In 1984 the Soviets responded with their own boycott of the 1984 Summer Olympics in Los Angeles, California.

Tensions increased when the US announced they would deploy Pershing II missiles in West Germany, followed by US President Reagan's announcement of the US Strategic Defense Initiative. East and West tensions were further exasperated in 1983 when Ronald Reagan branded the Soviet Union an "Evil empire". Also during 1983, the civilian airliner Korean Air Lines Flight 007 was downed by Soviet fighter jets near Moneron Island.

This period of the Cold War would continue through US President Reagan's first term (1981-1985), through the death of Soviet leader Leonid Brezhnev in 1982, the brief interim period of Soviet leadership consisting of Yuri Andropov (1982-1984), and Konstantin Chernenko (1984-1985). This phase in the Cold War concluded with the ascension of reform minded Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev in 1985, who brought a commitment to reduce tensions between the East and West, and bring about major reforms in Soviet society.

Regards Alpha.

Guys listen,in the video when he blow up the figurines whitch playing cards,on the end he say,Zombie Terorist had good time.Could this means that we can see some crazy shit air strikes in zombies?I know one think this is real stuff from Treyarch they puted up the pictures intel.I think he could hint with that video something about zombies when he say that.