Official CallOFDuty.com BO2 Viral thread - UPDATE 7

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My finds on TACITUS:

Cornelius Tacitus; Famous Roman philospher.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tacitus

And it's Latin meaning is 'Silent'.

So what I can get from this, is that it's probably going to be a codename of Operation in the game. Since the Government loves to use fancy code names based off of latin words or significant historical figures. The true meaning will likely not be decoded until the game comes out.

My finds on TACITUS:

So what I can get from this, is that it's probably going to be a codename of Operation in the game. Since the Government loves to use fancy code names based off of latin words or significant historical figures. The true meaning will likely not be decoded until the game comes out.

Your a bit late, man. We have already been told that the Roman Philosopher and stuff is irrelevant to TACITUS...It has to be solved, FPSRussia said he would give a prize if someone solved it. Plus, we get a new image tommorow

The riveting story of the Germania and its incarnations and exploitations through the ages.

The pope wanted it, Montesquieu used it, and the Nazis pilfered an Italian noble's villa to get it: the

A Most Dangerous Book: Tacitus's Germania from the Roman Empire to the Third Reich:

Germania, by the Roman historian Tacitus, took on a life of its own as both an object and an ideology. When Tacitus wrote a not-very-flattering little book about the ancient Germans in 98 CE, at the height of the Roman Empire, he could not have foreseen that the Nazis would extol it as "a bible," nor that Heinrich Himmler, the engineer of the Holocaust, would vow to resurrect Germany on its grounds. But the Germania inspired—and polarized—readers long before the rise of the Third Reich. In this elegant and captivating history, Christopher B. Krebs, a professor of classics at Harvard University, traces the wide-ranging influence of the Germania over a five-hundred-year span, showing us how an ancient text rose to take its place among the most dangerous books in the world.

SNPJMk2fgJU

WTF did he say at 3:48?

Sorry if any of this is a repeat I haven't had time to read all posts here.

Regards Alpha.

My finds on TACITUS:

Your a bit late, man. We have already been told that the Roman Philosopher and stuff is irrelevant to TACITUS...It has to be solved, FPSRussia said he would give a prize if someone solved it. Plus, we get a new image tommorow

and by the looks of it we are going to stay up late tomorrow too

AWSOME FIND SCATAPULT [brains] 4 u

My finds on TACITUS:

I'm almost certain it's a codename I just cannot find the op.

Forgive me for stating this, but I am confused. The first gif showed the quad-rotor. Then FPSRussia puts out a video with cgi, for the first time, about the quad-rotor. In the video he is wearing a shirt that says TACITUS in a very distinct print. The next gif showed the same TACITUS with the same font. Not too long after that someone puts out a picture with the same word/font printed over the quad-rotor. The picture also looks like a website or company owns the rights to it so they put their logo (TACTICUS) over the picture. It seems to me the only person who knows about where the picture came from would be the uploader. Has anyone asked them?

The riveting story of the Germania and its incarnations and exploitations through the ages.

The pope wanted it, Montesquieu used it, and the Nazis pilfered an Italian noble's villa to get it: the

A Most Dangerous Book: Tacitus's Germania from the Roman Empire to the Third Reich:

Germania, by the Roman historian Tacitus, took on a life of its own as both an object and an ideology. When Tacitus wrote a not-very-flattering little book about the ancient Germans in 98 CE, at the height of the Roman Empire, he could not have foreseen that the Nazis would extol it as "a bible," nor that Heinrich Himmler, the engineer of the Holocaust, would vow to resurrect Germany on its grounds. But the Germania inspired—and polarized—readers long before the rise of the Third Reich. In this elegant and captivating history, Christopher B. Krebs, a professor of classics at Harvard University, traces the wide-ranging influence of the Germania over a five-hundred-year span, showing us how an ancient text rose to take its place among the most dangerous books in the world.

SNPJMk2fgJU

WTF did he say at 3:48?

Sorry if any of this is a repeat I haven't had time to read all posts here.

Regards Alpha.

ZOMBIE TERRORISTS WILL HAVE A GOOD TIME :shock:

Could it be like TACIT US like two different words. By definition tacit means implied sooooo....

Actually it also means silent and unvoiced....

Does treyarch want us to keep quiet. Do they wanna keep quiet. I'm sure you guys want me to keep quiet :lol:

TACITUS IS THE LATIN ORIGIN

sorry had to put that caps edit out :lol:

World English Dictionary

tacit (ˈtæsɪt)

— adj

1. implied or inferred without direct expression; understood: a tacit agreement

2. created or having effect by operation of law, rather than by being directly expressed

[C17]from Latin tacitus, past participle of tacēre to be silent]

'tacitly

— adv

'tacitness

— n

Is definition 2 relevant?

Has anyone considered the importance of him calling the machine "Charlene" yet? It may help with this, or perhaps further complicate it. Just some food for thought :D

That would be a Full Metal Jacket reference I believe.

Regards Alpha

Why would they reference a different media in this viral though? It seems to cross lines that they need to be careful not to cross.

Charlene Corely was a defense contractor of C&D Distributors, a supplier of small hardware components, plumbling fixtures and electronic equipment to the military. She was convicted of fraudulent invoices from the DoDand on two accounts of conspiracy.

It seems a bit relevant, and there could be a deeper conspiracy. This could go with the production of the quadrocoptor, and they would be some evil compnay just like the Project NOVA. I have my doubts though and is probably just a coincidence and means nothing, but I thought I would post it :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlene_Corley