Official CallOFDuty.com BO2 Viral thread - UPDATE 7

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found out a couple thing

One

Tacitus in latin means silence/calm/mute.

Two

I went into google translate and typed in Tacitus and went though a lot of language's

Italian: tacito , this is mostly pointless info though it 'ment something

Three

Somehow Tacitus is related to Jesus in someway i don't know, I'mma do more research on it later

Thats it for now. Hope it helps :D

It's probably nothing but there are some roads in the Netherlands with name like Tacitus, Remus, Octavius, Romulus, and whatnot. As for the idea about the acronyms or it just being a synonym for secret, seeing as it's the root word for taciturn, they're equally plausible at this point.

It's probably nothing but there are some roads in the Netherlands with name like Tacitus, Remus, Octavius, Romulus, and whatnot. As for the idea about the acronyms or it just being a synonym for secret, seeing as it's the root word for taciturn, they're equally plausible at this point.

All of those are related to Rome. FPSRussia said it had nothing to do with a historical figure.

I'm guessing that the quadcopter thing will be in the prestiege edition?

Its not real so I don't see that happening.

I know this won't help much but I'm pretty sure that I've seen Tacitus before somewhere. Has anyone tried checking the terminal on BO or something.

Yes, nothing on Terminal

I found out a couple thing

One

Tacitus in latin means silence/calm/mute.

Couldn't tacitus simply mean the name of the killstreak for quadrator?

Or even the name of the next game vs black ops 2

Thats so crazy like a second after i posted that im like "umm.....it just be the name of the next game not eclipse" :lol:

I could definitely see "classified" being the solution. The only problem is that FPSRussia is saying that it is common knowledge, yet people have been tweeting at him about it meaning "secret" but he hasn't said anything to them about being correct or his promise of t-shirts.

I don't believe he said that, I believe that tweet was him responding to someone else.

It's going to be hard to find out what it means.

I could definitely see "classified" being the solution. The only problem is that FPSRussia is saying that it is common knowledge, yet people have been tweeting at him about it meaning "secret" but he hasn't said anything to them about being correct or his promise of t-shirts.

I don't believe he said that, I believe that tweet was him responding to someone else.

It's going to be hard to find out what it means.

Ah, the was my mistake :D

It looks like it is going to be a long way to deciphering this one :geek:

I haven't participated in this thread yet, but have been researching a bit. I looked up the hashtag #TACITUS on Twitter. May or may not mean anything, but it's always the small things. Just odd that this guy posted this a few days before the pic was published.

Just my thought.

couldnt help but to post it..... so far i found 2 charcters in 2 different VERY famous games such as Command&Conquer and others and now i find this gamer blog news? whats up with that? 3arc screwing or co-operation between games?

The Gamers Blog : http://tacticusrex.blogspot.com/

Coincidence. Why would 3arc involve CoD with another franchise?

dunno why involve maybe not involve but its no coincidence .... tacticus ? that is a HELL OF an unpopular name .

oh and i found this ..... http://www.unleet.com/stuff/prv:datalogger:start looks to me like that newspaper loading analyse of some popular member in codz (srry couldnt remmember but EPIC post) it mentioned about costs and shipping stuff check it out

couldnt help but to post it..... so far i found 2 charcters in 2 different VERY famous games such as Command&Conquer and others and now i find this gamer blog news? whats up with that? 3arc screwing or co-operation between games?

The Gamers Blog : http://tacticusrex.blogspot.com/

Coincidence. Why would 3arc involve CoD with another franchise?

dunno why involve maybe not involve but its no coincidence .... tacticus ? that is a HELL OF an unpopular name .

oh and i found this ..... http://www.unleet.com/stuff/prv:datalogger:start looks to me like that newspaper loading analyse of some popular member in codz (srry couldnt remmember but EPIC post) it mentioned about costs and shipping stuff check it out

It's a coincidence. That Tacticus site that everyone was hyped up about wasn't CoD related. That's a coincidence. The word Tacticus has a meaning it's not just some made up word so it's highly likely it's been used before.

And your site you posted looks like it's related to that other Tacticus site.