Official CallOFDuty.com BO2 Viral thread - UPDATE 7

Dunno if this anything but I'll post it anyway:

Augustus' Eclipse (14 CE)

Soon after the death of Augustus, Tacitus mentions a lunar eclipse, which has been identified with the eclipse of September 27, 14 CE. Tacitus says:

"The Moon in the midst of a clear sky became suddenly eclipsed; the soldiers who were ignorant of the cause took this for an omen referring to their present adventures: to their labors they compared the eclipse of the planet, and prophesied 'that if to the distressed goodness should be restored her wonted brightness and splendor, equally successful would be the issue of their struggle.' Hence they made a loud noise, by ringing upon brazen metal, and by blowing trumpets and cornets; as she appeared brighter or darker they exulted or lamented."

That's more like it man :P

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is also something in which Tacitus talks of mutiny of soldiers, and the neglect of their duties with the military with an eclipse. A snippet from Irony and Misreading in the Annals of Tacitus, which tells of what Tacitus interprets:

The process by which the soldiers arrive at an acceptance of military distinctions and an associated acceptance of their actions as disorderly is represented as an act of interpreting the natural world. Chance, Tacitus tells us, provides an eclipse of the moon, which the soldiers interpret as both a reflection and a result of their own activities *insert quote from above* 'Proper' military order is assimilated to the laws of the cosmos; the natural and divine world turns away in revulsion from the unnatural acts of the mutineers. Despite this powerful claim on behalf of the status quo, validating military command with the law of the gods and of the universe, Tacitus emphatically asserts that the soldier who interprets in this way is 'ignorent of (the) reason'. Thus the interpretation which, more than any other in the Pannonian mutiny, returns the mutineers to correct and orderly behaviour, is prejudged as both unlearned and irrational.

The soldier 'assimilates' the waning of the moon to the army's neglect of military duties, arguably a plausible recognition of one similarity between the two events. One of the first signs of military neglect to an observer is the unpolished or discaarded insignia of the soldiers.

I just thought this was something worth mentioning, even though it's just a stretch.

With him shooting at the "zombie poker party" with the drone. Do you think that's Treyarch implying you'll be able o use this in zombies as well?

And maybe Tactitus is character he is doing a voice over for in blops2.

Here's a pic of the zombie in question playing poker:

I wouldn't be surprised if there killstreak rewards in Zombiemode. They were partially coded into Black Ops, but never finished and implemented. It would be a opportune development.

Then it would just be like Survival from MW3. Plus they had the Death Machine in some levels as a power up. Wasn't that a killstreak?

As for the date itself, the reveal is on May 1st correct? Is it coincidence that this happens to a be a Tuesday, which just so happens to be a popular day for CoD releases? Another interesting note is that exactly 6 months from that day, it will be November 6th. Possible release date perhaps? Not sure how valid of an idea this is, I just found it makes more sense to me to work with such nice numbers when you have to plan releases for all of these little snippets of information. However this flies in the face of CoD releasing on the second Tuesday of November and also clashes with Halo 4. Either way, we have a long time to figure that rather trivial bit of information out.

As for the date itself, the reveal is on May 1st correct? Is it coincidence that this happens to a be a Tuesday, which just so happens to be a popular day for CoD releases? Another interesting note is that exactly 6 months from that day, it will be November 6th. Possible release date perhaps? Not sure how valid of an idea this is, I just found it makes more sense to me to work with such nice numbers when you have to plan releases for all of these little snippets of information. However this flies in the face of CoD releasing on the second Tuesday of November and also clashes with Halo 4. Either way, we have a long time to figure that rather trivial bit of information out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNChBTRdMVo

Ah, Treyarch. The kings of trolling. I wonder what type of crazy puzzles they will have for us this time!

i just went on the site and some of the boxes dont have any dates on them.

I think this is because they will ether be releasing multiple screenshots/videos on a certain day, or just to mess with us. Or it could be unlocked via some type of puzzle we will need to complete later. All I know is they just love to mess with us, so I think we can expect some type of crazy puzzle some time in the near future.

I'm guessing Treyarch or Activisiion made some kind of deal with him. The link to his video, how he references it at the end. The word Tactitus, although he does say it's unlinked to Zombies.

I have this weird feeling Treyarch are going to do a CotD and have FPSRussia as one of the playable characters :/ Hope I'm wrong.

The next box on the website should be revealed pretty soon! Make sure to grab pictures of it as well!

I'm guessing Treyarch or Activisiion made some kind of deal with him. The link to his video, how he references it at the end. The word Tactitus, although he does say it's unlinked to Zombies.

I have this weird feeling Treyarch are going to do a CotD and have FPSRussia as one of the playable characters :/ Hope I'm wrong.

The next box on the website should be revealed pretty soon! Make sure to grab pictures of it as well!

What? He won't be a character. This is just for marketing terms.

What? He won't be a character. This is just for marketing terms.

What would you do if about a year ago, I told you we would be playing as Sarah Michelle Gellar, Robert Englund, Danny Trejo, and Michael Rooker ? You would think I'm crazy. You can't rule anything out with Treyarch, no matter how silly or impossible it sounds.

I don't know if this has been brought up already but if go to the call of duty website and klik on the image of the quadrotor it will show fpsrussia's video about it so this may mean that if we don't find it it will show up the next day. Or it may be there because we already found it.

I don't know if this has been brought up already but if go to the call of duty website and klik on the image of the quadrotor it will show fpsrussia's video about it so this may mean that if we don't find it it will show up the next day. Or it may be there because we already found it.

Ah nice, I guess that confirms it's in the game someway or another...

The T-Shirt which FPSRussia was wearing which had the word "TACITUS" on is apparently a matrix that contains information about an alien race, however this is all from the C&C Universe. There is also a temple which is located in Bolivia.

Check out these two links -

http://cnc.wikia.com/wiki/Tacitus

http://cnc.wikia.com/wiki/Temple_of_the_Tacitus

I wouldn't think that they would make a reference to another game. But who knows, Treyarch does some weird stuff.

noticed this yesterday but some boxes do that film reel effect faster than others maybe related to a code similar to mores? just saying and......its true... since we're dealing with treyarch theres no limit to expectations lol as far as i guess we might play in the temple of tacitus or maybe we continue in a hole in moon as (agartha Moon) or something ... oh n btw since treyarch watches what we say they can update their videos accordingly so if we find out what the next box secret they'll update it to reveal .

SO EXCITING!!!! :D