Problem with story?!

Ok literally only just hit me... but iv read that a paradox including a grand daughter going back in time to kill her grand mother would cause a paradox because she would never be born ect ect.....

well i recently played call of the dead.... where the team travel to far forward in time (but basically where richtofen wanted them to go regardless of what time period) in search of the golden rod

but now in moon where they have blown the earth up before the time period of call of the dead wouldnt that then cause a paradox?!?!?!

would the casting crew of call of the dead even be alive to film at that location after the earth getting bOOmed!?

or am i over thinking this haha XD any thoughts please peeps?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A simple answer might be that the gang traveled from the room in CotD, to Shangri-La,and then to Area 51 and Moon. Chronologically it would all make sense. I don't beleieve there's any indicators of time in either Shangri-La or Moon, so you could just assume it all happened in this order.

Another option, which I think might be more probable, is alternate timelines and dimensions. There's nothing saying the gang can't travel back in time to the past, and change the outcome of the future (see Back to the Future II & III). Theoretically, they could travel back in time and stop Richtofen from taking over Sam's body, stop the zombie outbreak, or stop the Earth from being blown to bits.

A simple answer might be that the gang traveled from the room in CotD, to Shangri-La,and then to Area 51 and Moon. Chronologically it would all make sense. I don't beleieve there's any indicators of time in either Shangri-La or Moon, so you could just assume it all happened in this order.

Another option, which I think might be more probable, is alternate timelines and dimensions. There's nothing saying the gang can't travel back in time to the past, and change the outcome of the future (see Back to the Future II & III). Theoretically, they could travel back in time and stop Richtofen from taking over Sam's body, stop the zombie outbreak, or stop the Earth from being blown to bits.

Area 51 is in the 60's buy looking at the clothes etc. And When you blow up Earth the the Area-51 is all messed up indicating the Moon is also in the 60's.

Area 51 is in the 60's buy looking at the clothes etc. And When you blow up Earth the the Area-51 is all messed up indicating the Moon is also in the 60's.

I'm not 100% sold that the clothes can definately be narrowed to the 60s time period, so I'm leaving that open to debate. The clothes are just too ragged and plain to say for sure exactly what time period it is. Besides it's Area 51, no one knows the exact uniforms they might use during what time periods. I'd like more defiante proof is all.

But if this is this case, that means the gang traveled back in time at some point from 2010 (CotD) to 1960s (Moon). Either after CotD or Shangri-La. And if they did it once, they can do it again to go back in time and stop the outbreak and Richtofen.

I'm not sure if they can control the time travel to an exact point. Wasn't it a surprise to Richtofen when they travelled to the future after Der Riese? So, they couldn't just "go back in time" unless they could control it, which would make the story almost pointless because there's an easy solution.

I'm not sure if they can control the time travel to an exact point. Wasn't it a surprise to Richtofen when they travelled to the future after Der Riese? So, they couldn't just "go back in time" unless they could control it, which would make the story almost pointless because there's an easy solution.

Originally, Richtofen is surprised when they time travel to Kino der Toten. However, if you listen in Call of the Dead he says they went "too far into the future," to which Dempsey replies "you brought us here on purpose!?" This suggests that, at some point, he has learned to control the time travel aspect of the MDT.

However, this does not present an easy solution since Richtofen is the one who knows how to manipulate the MDT, and it's never suggested any of the others know how. Thus, he was the only one who could use the time travel, and I don't think he'll be too keen on helping them undo what he's worked so hard for.

Ok as far as im aware everything happens as the maps are ordered... explaining why you have the key items as you go on (golden rod in shangrila and moin ect)

After reading your posts iv figured richtofen cant control time but destination.... meaning he wanted to go to call of the deads location but not the timeline... if so i think there stuck in that tine period. meaning when they arrive at 2010 and travel to shangrila there still in 2010 and when they end up on moon are STILL in 2010+ :)

Ok as far as im aware everything happens as the maps are ordered... explaining why you have the key items as you go on (golden rod in shangrila and moin ect)

After reading your posts iv figured richtofen cant control time but destination.... meaning he wanted to go to call of the deads location but not the timeline... if so i think there stuck in that tine period. meaning when they arrive at 2010 and travel to shangrila there still in 2010 and when they end up on moon are STILL in 2010+ :)

Guess you could put it like that? :?

Richtofen specifically mentions a part of the MDT that controls time. "We must have gone too far in the future. Look, the teleporter's completely broken. The time circuits are damaged. We'll have to reboot the..." Even if you don't believe that he has complete control over the destination, this suggests that he has isolated some part of the teleporter (time circuits) which are controlling the time travel aspect of the device.

While we're on the topic of crazy time jumps.. why/how does Richtofen keep changing clothes? xD

Well like somebody stated the reason why a paradox hasnt happend is because they go back in time to stop richtofen? This would lead on to another great storyline :) maybe maxis helps them out who knows :D

going back in time to stop richtofen would cause another paradox. in the future you wouldn't have to stop him so you wouldnt have to go bqck in time but then he will do the bad things so you have to go back but then you wont but then you will and so on and so forth.

Clearly he has cloths on underneath his original clothing XD

But he goes back and forth... He goes from the uniform, to the space suit in Ascension, then back to the uniform in Shangri-la, and back to the space suit in Moon. Where does he keep it? :P

Anyway, one could always consider the possibility of dual timelines, by which I mean various, co-existing versions of the universe.

But he goes back and forth... He goes from the uniform, to the space suit in Ascension, then back to the uniform in Shangri-la, and back to the space suit in Moon. Where does he keep it? :P

Perhaps he was trying to find one that would fit in Ascension when the Zombies started coming after them, so he didn't bother getting out of it until they were in the room in CotD. He then later put it on when he needed to.

Perhaps he was trying to find one that would fit in Ascension when the Zombies started coming after them, so he didn't bother getting out of it until they were in the room in CotD. He then later put it on when he needed to.

That could work, but I wonder why he would need it on Moon. The suit available on moon (PES) seems to fit over any kind of clothing, unless everybody is just stripping in the receiving bay...

Where am I taking this topic? =X

That could work, but I wonder why he would need it on Moon. The suit available on moon (PES) seems to fit over any kind of clothing, unless everybody is just stripping in the receiving bay...

Where am I taking this topic? =X

Perhaps Richtofen was wrong? Maybe he thought he'd need the suit, and being selfish he only got one for himself.

Well like somebody stated the reason why a paradox hasnt happend is because they go back in time to stop richtofen? This would lead on to another great storyline :) maybe maxis helps them out who knows :D

going back in time to stop richtofen would cause another paradox. in the future you wouldn't have to stop him so you wouldnt have to go bqck in time but then he will do the bad things so you have to go back but then you wont but then you will and so on and so forth.

I STILL don't get why So many people think we're gonna go back in time to stop Richtoffen.

I STILL don't get why So many people think we're gonna go back in time to stop Richtoffen.

Yeah. Richtofen invented the Teleporter. And he made the discovery how to travel through time with it. The others don't know how as far as we know.

Need to fix this topic! lol

OK er basically i dont think we will go back in time to stop richtofen BUT if we did you say the team dont know how to teleport .....but im pretty sure MAXIS knows the same as richtofen if not more so with his help they could go back ect....

but alls i wanted to understand was the time periods ect and if a paradox should accure because the world is blown up before or after the events of call of the dead :)

im happy with some of the responses so i thank you for your help :)