Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Posters [UPDATE 5]

[uPDATE 5] http://www.callofduty.com has gone ahead and launched their promotion with many different secrets to find, you can find the discussion thread here: viewtopic.php?f=81&t=21057

[uPDATE 4] I've managed to link two more eclipse dates to the new call of duty game, to read my thread about it, go here: viewtopic.php?f=81&t=21032

[uPDATE 3] This is an interesting one, pointed out by MrRoflWaffles (He's too damn clever) November 13th is the second tuesday of November, which is when CoD games traditionally release. But something else happens on that date, a solar ECLIPSE, Eclipse seems to be focused on heavily so far in this advertising campaign, this can't simply be a coincidence?

Source: MrRoflWaffles and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_ecli ... r_13,_2012

[uPDATE]Charlie intel have confirmed that the game will be announced and pre-orders will open on May 2nd

[uPDATE 2] The promotions are now being displayed in most gamestops, each stand has cases on that supposedly show the same person as the poster but has the logos for each platform and the word "Eclipse" blurred out, apart from one which shows the word eclipse clearly.

Nothing in specific has been announced for May 2nd other than Gamestop saying they will be putting up large banners and even more promotion (Expected to feature the full title and release date)

Source: http://www.charlieintel.com/2012/04/21/ ... -gamestop/

Remember the black ops 2 poster that leaked the other day? Well more has been released, the title that is currently listed by gamestop is "Call of Duty: Eclipse" here's some images of the promotional stand and poster!

2nd May 2012, Return for debriefing.

Source: http://www.charlieintel.com/2012/04/20/ ... sterstand/

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The very thought of it being called Black Ops 2, seeing as Black Ops was World at War's successor, was strange. I haven't called Treyarch's game Black Ops 2. But Eclipse, it's different, as it title at least. It has been discussed before, the title being Eclipse, as early as March to my understanding. Aside from the astrological meaning eclipse could mean a reduction or loss of splendor, status, reputation, etc. In relation to the campaign this could be referring to Mason and his situation.

I'm glad. Honestly,I think having the titles indicate direct sequels can be quite tedious, seeing as you have Call of Duty in the title too. Personally, I feel Call of Duty: Eclipse rolls off the tongue much better than Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Well I think that eclipse is an early hint to the storyline of the game. Now eclipses normally have to do with the moon obscuring the sun's light or vice versa.

But there's another definition of eclipse:

a reduction or loss of splendor, status, reputation, etc.: Scandal caused the eclipse of his career.

Funny that I heard a while back about BO2 being about Hudson, Mason and Weaver being disavowed.

I'm a fan of the title! Can't wait to make my pre-order May 2nd!

I'm also loving the fact that this means we're just over 6 months away from getting our hands on it :D

I'm calling it right now...

the character on the cover is Jason Hudson

Looks like a close match to me.

Another leaked image. Take it with a pinch of salt, but this is exciting...

I believe this was confirmed as fake, looks a lot like the centre of karachi from MW2, if this is real I'm no longer excited about this game because it looks terrible.

I dunno what to think. The gun is definatley the MP7, but it does look different to the MW3 MP7. There is not enough detail on the map layout to compare it to another map, or see it as brand new. The killfeed is in a weird place and the killstreaks in the bottom right corner are laid out in a pretty obscure way. The first thing that came to me however is that the Dom Flag markers look way too much like that from Modern Warfare, and not from Black Ops. And I wouldn't go judging the entire game on one image that may or may not be real mate :) Also, the thing that got me is how detailed it is. If it is fake, the guy who's made this has done a bloody good job, so props to him!

Another leaked image. Take it with a pinch of salt, but this is exciting...

The gun looks like an MP7 and a MK14 together, i can't see Treyarch implementing a shield type of weapon since they never have yet. The background looks familiar, the killfeed is too far up and the mini-map is to big. One thing i did recognize is if you watch the Black ops multiplayer trailer, they used roughly the same font for the scoreboard/ammo count that is on this picture.

The equipment section at the bottom right looks too confusing. I can't see treyarch combining the tactical+equipment slot like what IW have done.

I've seen that exact spot in another game, I just can't think of which map

I'd say HardHat from MW3. Looking closer, the hand looks exactly the same as the hand when using a shotgun in MW3.

I just looked at hardhat, it's not there, I swear I've seen it in MW2, the glove he is wearing is the delta team glove from MW3 and the position his hand is in is the same as holding PP90 in MW3, which if you look at the bottom front of the gun in the image looks like the weird tube on the PP90.