Something I just read

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem with this is that some people (like myself) struggle to get to high rounds but love solving the easter eggs, it seems unfair to have easter eggs exclusively for good high round players, I've only ever passed 40 once and that was solo ascension.

It would be nicer to have the easter eggs harder to solve and have the code hidden in some form so the game cannot be hacked and easter eggs can't be found out that way.

The problem with this is that some people (like myself) struggle to get to high rounds but love solving the easter eggs, it seems unfair to have easter eggs exclusively for good high round players, I've only ever passed 40 once and that was solo ascension.

It would be nicer to have the easter eggs harder to solve and have the code hidden in some form so the game cannot be hacked and easter eggs can't be found out that way.

I agree with Liam. I don't think an egg is good when it is solved in a day! Or if's it's like Shang when it's just stupidly time consuming.

I agree with Liam. I don't think an egg is good when it is solved in a day! Or if's it's like Shang when it's just stupidly time consuming.

Pretty much just this

People would help ya out. Just need the right team. Of course, I will say if it was going to be activated once hitting round 40, I would not want it to be a 4 person egg. Gah that would take a LONG time.

Yeah and on PS3 now a 4p game to 40 is pretty much impossible. Once at 30 the frames crap themselves and go into meltdown.

I don't know if you were reading my "Agartha" idea, but if so, you know I'm all for it. Do I think there should be a complex easter egg for people like Liam? Yes. It should be able to be activated whenever by whomever. I find many games on Moon spoiled just because Richtofen backed out. You shouldn't need 4 players to do them either.

As for the Round 40-50 egg, I like it. Those of us that work so hard and spend that much time to make it to Round 40, deserve something in return. 40-50 doesn't mean anything on the leaderboards, yet accomplishing this is very tiring. I feel like people would strive to go further, just to get the egg. I for one hope at least one map has such an egg.

Yeah and on PS3 now a 4p game to 40 is pretty much impossible. Once at 30 the frames crap themselves and go into meltdown.

As for this, I can only hope they will fix these problems. This is the only way I agree to a late round easter egg. There is no reason we should even be debating over whether or not to include something, just because late rounds are laggy. Let's hope they are listening.

PLEASE CARBON, TELL THEM ABOUT OUR PAIN.

I don't think reaching rounds as high as 40 or 50 to trigger the easter egg would be such a good idea because, as previously mentioned, the average player rarely gets that high (me included). It would probably encourage exploiting and cheating to reach the level.

That said, there is probably a good way around that problem with a bit of thinking (other than "Fix all the exploits", because that's a pretty big challenge).

If it's a meaningless egg that is only like a pat on the back to the good players, like an avatar pic or item or an emblem than sure why not.

But if it would come with an acheivment or all perks then no. Many players (myself included) have no desire to reach level 50 just to get a few lines of exposition and a cheivo. I play to have fun for couple hours 20-30 levels is usually enough for me. I've made deeper runs, but I find them tedious and basically not fun. Attaching an acheivment to a requirement like that IMHO would be much, much more aggravating than the 4 player only eggs and would invite hacking/boosting/glitching just by it's set-up.

However hiding the code to the Eggs better is ++++BRILLIANT++++ and should be implemented ASAFP.

Please no...

I'd never be able to do another EE!

Besides. Keep on mind the general customers can't make it to round 40. They'll rage and Treyarch will lose money and fans.

"You have to get to round 40?! That's so gay."

"40!? That's so fucking gay!"

"40's for tryhard faggots!"

Among other things.

I tried to do my best impression of the average COD customer. :lol:

I agree with tankeo, most people hate zombies though. Most people buy CoD for the multiplayer. The only people willing to do the Easter egg are experts usually. You have to understand though that as soon as any sort of content comes out a horde of experts descend upon it and ravage all the secrets. It's impossible to remotely conceal anything in a game.

The goal to having these be activated upon a certain round doesn't necessarily have to be higher than 40's or 50's necessarily, but the average zombies player, especially with a good group or strategy can easily get to the mid twenties or thirties, no problem. I'm also not saying that the EE absolutely CAN'T be done unless you reach round 30 either, rather that there would be more in depth parts or rewards depending on just how far you really can take it. It would be more of a slow, accumulating process EE's and the round count would help. It's really not that much of a difference to be honest guys, hell between almost all the EE's in the Blops maps, you usually wouldn't even have the supplies needed to successfully do parts of the EE's until mid twenties or so anyways, if you're lucky.

Please no...

I'd never be able to do another EE!

Besides. Keep on mind the general customers can't make it to round 40. They'll rage and Treyarch will lose money and fans.

"You have to get to round 40?! That's so gay."

"40!? That's so fucking gay!"

"40's for tryhard faggots!"

Among other things.

I tried to do my best impression of the average COD customer. :lol:

EDIT: I would like to retract my statement and I offer my apologies. I'm not going to say something stupid like: "oh it was my little brother, not me!" I said what I meant at the time and after consideration I would like to rephrase my words. You didn't deserve that Tankeo. I could see where you would be worried about an easter egg you might not be able to complete, for reasons of ability or lack of wanting to play that long. The argument that people will rage and refuse to buy the game because one zombie map has two easter eggs is ignorant. The argument that most people can't make it that far is not of my concern. If you can't make it far enough to do the egg, you suck. If you don't have time, you really don't need an egg anyways do you? I just get tired of hearing about the mounds of people who only play for 1-2 hrs on zombies, and yet they think everyone should miss out on late gameplay mechanics. No offense taken from your remarks. If that is what people say, that's sad.