Samantha as a playable character

So you want Samantha to wear a dress in Richtofen's body?

That would be more creepier than Richtofen's uniform.

Lol awks. I meant if she has to stay in Richtofen's body, than keep her in his Ascension/Moon attire. I'm use to her speaking in that, but if she spoke in his officer uniform, I'd be creeped out even more.

It'd be too soon for them to switch bodies. No doubt Samantha will be in his body for a while. If she does end up getting her body back, it won't be right away.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem with Samantha as a playable character in her own body is that she's a little girl. She makes references to not being able to lift heavy guns and such in her real body, so it's potentially problematic.

That being said, I don't mind her sticking around for a while, but I already miss Richtofen. The plot and easter egg was really nice, but man... Richtofen was awesome to play as. :(

. I think we'll catch up with our crew a few years after the events on Moon. In keeping with the new timeframe for Blops2/Eclipse SP mode (I'm thinking 70's-80's). Fast Forward a few years and then Sam is a 17-18 year old girl and could pick up any damn gun that SMG could (or RE for that matter lol). So my thoughts are that Sam will be playable and she'll get her body back, but it will have happened in between maps so it will be commented on in passing but never fully explained. Just my 2 cents.

I'm gonna miss Richtofen's quotes now. They're funny as hell, but I guess just hearing him as Demonic Announcer will suffice.

Samantha will be an interesting character. I'm curious as to what her quotes would be, and how much they'll reveal in the story? Only thing I'd change is her voice starts going back to normal, and maybe put her in her original body? Probably unlikely and impossible, but I can only see her being in herself or Richtofen, no-one else. If she stays in Richtofen, I just hope she doesn't put on his classic officer uniform because that'll just extra weird.

That being said, I wouldn't mind playing as a new re-occuring crew with a female in it. Sarah Michelle Gellar was a fun, good change, so I wouldn't say no to playing as a female again.

Haha thats what i was thinking, but i would never want to play as samantha that will just F*** up the story. What can they do to make the story make sense now that samantha isn't a zombie freak thing?

How would being Samantha truck up the story?

How would it not work?

Why is the idea of a little girl's soul on a 40 year old man so ridiculous? A shrink ray isn't, zombies aren't, hidden yet obvious illuminati involvement isn't, but that is? The whole of zombies is utterly ridiculous, but it all makes sense. We just blew up the wary, but it makes sense. Kind of.

Why all the hate?

How would being Samantha truck up the story?

How would it not work?

Why is the idea of a little girl's soul on a 40 year old man so ridiculous? A shrink ray isn't, zombies aren't, hidden yet obvious illuminati involvement isn't, but that is? The whole of zombies is utterly ridiculous, but it all makes sense. We just blew up the wary, but it makes sense. Kind of.

Why all the hate?

[brains]

I agree with you. I don't understand what seems so odd about playing as Samantha. I don't know all the details about the storyline but I know many people on this forum do. Samantha would just be the next and most important piece to the storyline? Assuming as she controlled the zombies previously (I think). And now she was switched into Richtofen's body. She isn't just going to teleport and die or go her own way, clearly she's angry at Richtofen and now has to work with the gang to get to him.. She probably has plans of her own, but needs to use the gang to fulfill them. Plus, Richtofen probably wants to get back at Samantha for trying to kill him.. I think she will 100% be playable, and she may get her body back. At the looks of the future warfare BO2 stuff. I think she may be older.

I don't think you will be able to play as Samantha in her body because, correct me if I am mistaken, but you're not allowed to kill children in a video game? So when Samantha is downed, wouldn't that be considered killing a child off? Also, I think it is quite obvious that Samantha will be in the next game, but in Richtofen's body. Look at the end of Moon. Unless BO2 decides to follow the path of a prequel, how else would they do it? Also, after the Easter Egg, Richtofen enters Samantha's body, and changes quite a bit.

- The Fire Sale Song

- Power Up reward sayings

- Announcements

- Teddy Bear Laugh

- Song being played

Along with that, Samantha says various things related to the end of the Easter Egg;

"Why Did Daddy Have to Die?"

"Time to play with Dead Things!"

"Uh Oh- I am surrounded"

"Let's play Hide and Seek!"

Already, at the end of the easter egg, they have included various Richtofen, and Samantha quotes. How would she not be a playable character? They couldn't just eradicate Richtofen of Samantha's body, or vice versa, they would just be ruining most of the story line.

I defintely don't see a problem in playing as the ACTUAL, physical Samantha Maxis. However, I'm sure that they might go about it differently if they DO that, and incorporate into some kind of really unique EE mode.

So here's my two cents on it;

When playing as Samantha, I want her to keep the same old controlling "headmaster" if you will in zombies. Remember that this is all a game to her until Richtofen basically kicked her from her throne. However, she obviously isn't completely powerless and basically "puppets" Richtofen's body and by the sounds of it, DOES plan to get her real body back. So the way I see it happening goes like such:

1. In the future zombie map(s), you will start off from where you left off, zombies will be controlled by the altered Richtofen, and 4th player will be the "Puppeted Richtofen" (Samantha) and it will remain as such till the last released map.

2. Depending on how it's played out, the EE could involve Samantha reuniting with her own body. However, I think that should still have some power remaining from being trapped in Aether/Pyramid. It keeps her unique and intimating, she can't just be some child with a gun. So, I think it would be cool having the EE reward be different from the Richtofen/Samantha player. Other's will receive a reward, and when Samantha is reunited with her body, she should play as more of the "Human QED" if you will, having some of the wonder weapon effects be her "superpower".

Sounds kinda corny, but then again, so is the entire essence of zombies as is already, lol.

I think she will also want to hunt down Gersch, she wasn't too happy to let him go, if I recall she seemed pretty damn angry, so much so, that colour faded. Now if she could do that when she's angry, I'd hate to be Dr Gersch. As for Sam, although I never played as her on moon, i did hear her quotes, and frankly I liked them. About her voice returning bear in mind since 1945 (thereabouts) she has been corrupted by alien technology, forced to have a collective mind with the zombies as her instruments and means of influence in our reality. To avoid madness would be near impossible, imagine all those screams in your head, and the pain when one, two, or three die. Poor Sam.

As a character she will be interesting, it almost seems too coincidental that her and Takeo want some of the same things. I see a lot more Tak's story being revealed in Black Ops, and how Dempsey and Nikolai react will also be interesting. In Black Ops 2 - Everything changes.

I think she will also want to hunt down Gersch, she wasn't too happy to let him go, if I recall she seemed pretty damn angry, so much so, that colour faded. Now if she could do that when she's angry, I'd hate to be Dr Gersch. As for Sam, although I never played as her on moon, i did hear her quotes, and frankly I liked them. About her voice returning bear in mind since 1945 (thereabouts) she has been corrupted by alien technology, forced to have a collective mind with the zombies as her instruments and means of influence in our reality. To avoid madness would be near impossible, imagine all those screams in your head, and the pain when one, two, or three die. Poor Sam.

As a character she will be interesting, it almost seems too coincidental that her and Takeo want some of the same things. I see a lot more Tak's story being revealed in Black Ops, and how Dempsey and Nikolai react will also be interesting. In Black Ops 2 - Everything changes.

That's what i was thinking. I suggested that Samantha act like a resource for the crew.

If they had Samantha as a playable character in her own body I think they'd have to find the voice actress that did her voice for Der Reise, unless she's older in Black Ops II. But I don't think that she would be, because they used a time machine to go from World at War's timeline to Black Ops' timeline so I'd imagine they will use a time machine again to get from Black Ops' timeline to Black Ops II's timeline.

If they had Samantha as a playable character in her own body I think they'd have to find the voice actress that did her voice for Der Reise, unless she's older in Black Ops II. But I don't think that she would be, because they used a time machine to go from World at War's timeline to Black Ops' timeline so I'd imagine they will use a time machine again to get from Black Ops' timeline to Black Ops II's timeline.

This is very likely. As i suggested once is the only reason they made the crew time travel was to fit it in with the BO timeline nothing more. But honestly time travel was unnecessary. They did it once and only seems right to do it again if BO2 really is in the future around 2020-2030 as FPS Russia implied.

As long as Sam is voiced by a little girl and doesn't have the weird auto-tuney voice anymore i have no qualms. As far as the body switching goes there will probably be an easter egg that sorts that out. My hope is that Richtofen (as sam) gets some Wesker like power up and attacks them (would be a round after the easter egg completion, with no zombies just enraged richtosam), where he would be like an enraged george that has effects of a shrieker zombie, massive health and probably the ability to steal perks on hitting you or spawning a few zombies to attack. IDK somethin awesome like that.

After they weaken him they do XYZ and switch back souls or somethin...Maybe Richtofen is sane once he gets back in his body even?

Personally, I think that Samantha won't make it to the next map.

Let me explain. It just seems weird to have an eight year old girl inside a 40 something year old mans body. Now, I don't think that Samantha is going to DIE, I just think that she won't be a playable character.

Possibly, something might happen, (teleporter malfunction, natural hazard, etc.) that 'kills' Samantha in Richtofen's body. And an innocent bystander who has encountered the zombies joins up with the Original Characters. And Samantha, though she doesn't have a body, would probably show up again in a future map(or a past map, however you want to look at it). Possibly she would possess a piece of machinery, or even a recentoly dead body. I mean, come on! We just met Samantha, so it's doubtful that Treyarch is going to take her away from us so soon. But, as I've said before, we'll just have to wait and see.

Samantha has been with us since Der Riese in World at War. She's also had a hand in every single map other than Nacht only because that one was 3arc testing the waters. Personally I don't mind playing as Samantha in Richtofen's body, since she pokes fun at him directly (EDWARD, GIVE THEM STRONGER LEGS). I happen to love Richtofen being the demonic announcer as well since his fire sale music is fun to listen to and the blue eyed zombies are a nice change from the yellow.

I think that playing as Samantha would be a blast. The characters we've gotten used to usually make us laugh with their sny remarks. I can't imagine what Samanthas's would be. She is now trapped on Earth as a mortal fighting side by side with the characters she's been trying to slaughter.

As an omniscient being now being turned human (in Richtofens body) she would have some awesome dialogue going on. She can now feel pain and fear, confusion even- this could all lead to some surprised comments coming from her behalf

She's be insanely condescending, a know it all, a diva, or even act as a little girl would in a zombie infested zone.

Anyone else agree?

I think that playing as Samantha would be a blast. The characters we've gotten used to usually make us laugh with their sny remarks. I can't imagine what Samanthas's would be. She is now trapped on Earth as a mortal fighting side by side with the characters she's been trying to slaughter.

As an omniscient being now being turned human (in Richtofens body) she would have some awesome dialogue going on. She can now feel pain and fear, confusion even- this could all lead to some surprised comments coming from her behalf

She's be insanely condescending, a know it all, a diva, or even act as a little girl would in a zombie infested zone.

Anyone else agree?

Yeah, I think she'd have some really awesome quotes and things to say! Also, could reveal alot about the story. Although I will miss Richtofen and his hilarious things, Samantha will be a new type of character, and would be the only girl in the group of fighters.

I defintely don't see a problem in playing as the ACTUAL, physical Samantha Maxis. However, I'm sure that they might go about it differently if they DO that, and incorporate into some kind of really unique EE mode.

So here's my two cents on it;

When playing as Samantha, I want her to keep the same old controlling "headmaster" if you will in zombies. Remember that this is all a game to her until Richtofen basically kicked her from her throne. However, she obviously isn't completely powerless and basically "puppets" Richtofen's body and by the sounds of it, DOES plan to get her real body back. So the way I see it happening goes like such:

1. In the future zombie map(s), you will start off from where you left off, zombies will be controlled by the altered Richtofen, and 4th player will be the "Puppeted Richtofen" (Samantha) and it will remain as such till the last released map.

2. Depending on how it's played out, the EE could involve Samantha reuniting with her own body. However, I think that should still have some power remaining from being trapped in Aether/Pyramid. It keeps her unique and intimating, she can't just be some child with a gun. So, I think it would be cool having the EE reward be different from the Richtofen/Samantha player. Other's will receive a reward, and when Samantha is reunited with her body, she should play as more of the "Human QED" if you will, having some of the wonder weapon effects be her "superpower".

Sounds kinda corny, but then again, so is the entire essence of zombies as is already, lol.

In response to your 'killing children off' most people are assuming Treyarch wouldn't have a playable child in a game about zombies. If anything Samantha will either take control of another body or somehow get her body back (off screen) and grow up (off screen). Until the game comes out we will never know for sure.

I picked no. Although, It could be an option for you to choose her if you wish; But to make her a primary isn't my ideal.

As it may not be 'your' ideal it sure is an ideal to the overall story. Lets face it. Rictofen is bad. Samantha is the anti-hero. Without her as a primary character is like having a Sonic the Hedgehog game without Sonic the Hedgehog. Samantha is what made zombies and she will always be with us whether you like it or not?