Samantha as a playable character

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna miss Richtofen's quotes now. They're funny as hell, but I guess just hearing him as Demonic Announcer will suffice.

Samantha will be an interesting character. I'm curious as to what her quotes would be, and how much they'll reveal in the story? Only thing I'd change is her voice starts going back to normal, and maybe put her in her original body? Probably unlikely and impossible, but I can only see her being in herself or Richtofen, no-one else. If she stays in Richtofen, I just hope she doesn't put on his classic officer uniform because that'll just extra weird.

That being said, I wouldn't mind playing as a new re-occuring crew with a female in it. Sarah Michelle Gellar was a fun, good change, so I wouldn't say no to playing as a female again.

I would sure miss Richtofen's quotes, i suppose i'll just have to see how Samantha does. Although she did sound too demonic, as Rissole25 said i would also like her voice to go back to normal/ like the radios, i would also like the quotes to be humorous and make me laugh like Richtofen's did.

The only way I see that happening is if Samantha actually got her own body back. Which, I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say that's part of the next EE in maps to come. But I'd imagine for the map available upon release, it will still be "puppet Richtofen".

I'm gonna miss Richtofen's quotes now. They're funny as hell, but I guess just hearing him as Demonic Announcer will suffice.

Samantha will be an interesting character. I'm curious as to what her quotes would be, and how much they'll reveal in the story? Only thing I'd change is her voice starts going back to normal, and maybe put her in her original body? Probably unlikely and impossible, but I can only see her being in herself or Richtofen, no-one else. If she stays in Richtofen, I just hope she doesn't put on his classic officer uniform because that'll just extra weird.

That being said, I wouldn't mind playing as a new re-occuring crew with a female in it. Sarah Michelle Gellar was a fun, good change, so I wouldn't say no to playing as a female again.

So you want Samantha to wear a dress in Richtofen's body?

That would be more creepier than Richtofen's uniform.

And to OP I'm 98.5% sure Samantha will be playable character in BO2 and whe will be in Richtofen's body.

It would be cool now when the body has young spirit to become younger. So Richtofen would look like in his 20's

Personally, I think that Samantha won't make it to the next map.

Let me explain. It just seems weird to have an eight year old girl inside a 40 something year old mans body. Now, I don't think that Samantha is going to DIE, I just think that she won't be a playable character.

Possibly, something might happen, (teleporter malfunction, natural hazard, etc.) that 'kills' Samantha in Richtofen's body. And an innocent bystander who has encountered the zombies joins up with the Original Characters. And Samantha, though she doesn't have a body, would probably show up again in a future map(or a past map, however you want to look at it). Possibly she would possess a piece of machinery, or even a recentoly dead body. I mean, come on! We just met Samantha, so it's doubtful that Treyarch is going to take her away from us so soon. But, as I've said before, we'll just have to wait and see.

I honestly find it wierd there is any discussion at all about this. It's kind of obvious. She was last seen with the other characters on the Moon, fighting zombies with Richtoffen as the Announcer.

She will continue to fight zombies with them for a two reasons, among others.

1. They need 4 people, and they bare the only ones left alive. Treyarch isn't the kind of guy that would introduce a new character in one map, then kill them off and replace them with some random person.

2. She is trying to get her body back,as stated in many quotes, meaning that will be our new goal, seeing as the other 3 seem to have no minds of their own.

Besides. I want to play as her. I like her voice. ;) 8-)

I reckon we have to have Samantha, because before none of our remaining 3 had a clue what was going on, and it was always the Doctor that lead them places, e.g. call of the dead. And know with Samantha she will have to be the lead, cus she knows the zombie and probly about them and also maybe since they have both been in the MPD (temple thing) they might be able to read each others thoughts or something... Just a theroy :)