~Official Medals List~ (Updated 1/15)

I've listened to both sides of the argument, and I think that we will stick with the 340 kill requirement. Like mentioned before, it will give people a good goal to work towards. It's very much the same manner as the prestiges in that absolutely NO ONE will have 10th prestige on the forum. Carbon will be the only one to have 9th prestige. Because these requirements are high, it will give things for people to work up to, and that's what I want. I think the requirements are fair, and so for the time being, that's how they will stay.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe there should also be a 350 group, there are maybe 5 people in the world only who have reached that high.

If someone from the forum gets to that level then I think they would deserve that :)

Super or I will for sure get 340 at some point, I have no doubt in that. 350 is a whole new ball game though, and if someone gets there they should have the medal named after them!!!!!

How will we decide the "Grammar Nazi" medal? Just by constantly correcting people, or by always using good grammar? Just look through the TWW thread, we've corrected each other so many times, it's not even funny. In fact, being a "Grammar Nazi" can also be considered a level of trolling, but maybe in more of a getting on your friend's nerves way than a making people rage way.

How will we decide the "Grammar Nazi" medal? Just by constantly correcting people, or by always using good grammar? Just look through the TWW thread, we've corrected each other so many times, it's not even funny. In fact, being a "Grammar Nazi" can also be considered a level of trolling, but maybe in more of a getting on your friend's nerves way than a making people rage way.

Notice I never called it "Grammar Nazi" for that reason, I have no idea how it will be given out, but it's there, for it to be used in some way shape or form.

Maybe it could just be a poll like the UOTM.... It would encourge other users to take the time and correct grammar.

No, I don't want it to be like that. The Grammar Enthusiast medal will instead be given out spontaneously to those users who deserve it at the time. If a staff members things that a member is worthy of it, they will have the opportunity to award the user with the medal.

These look awesome :D

So... What can I get from the off? Introduction, Done! Veteran, Done! 30-39 co-op, Done! Only prestige 2 though :(

I was skeptical about the medal system replacing the usergroups, but actually seeing them has changed my mind a little. As much as I will hate not being my beautiful green colour, I am darkjolteon, not just a usergroup, and being darkjolteon is what matters.

A salute to all involved in the making of the medals, they look awesome!

-Jolteon

For the NML, I felt that each one is the perfect goal for each new "achievement" 340 is the perfect score to be the final goal for you to achieve unless you want to get a WR or something

340 is the most easily attainable for the overachievers around here! Basically, what we are saying is this: we have some of the best players in the world on this site, and to have a goal of 340 is a really realistic yet difficult goal for us. We may be biased, but considering that we've got a whole strategy department dedicated to NML, and considering we're working really hard to improve the quality of the games overall, it's a perfect goal like Dan has pointed out.

We are extremely biased though, so we might need to get an Admin's opinion in here (since none of them play NML).

Well I mean...I don't think it's bad to be biased in this situation, we kind of ARE the NML guys...so we'd be the guys who would know what the best goals are, right? :?

Now that I think about it, it does seem fair. 340 is something to shoot for and possibly tempt some people (me) to actually go that high.

@Chopper 350 medal? That's insane! I like it. 8-)

I don't really play NML that much, just enough to get Juggernog early and get out. I don't know if there really is bias in this situation, because NML guys know what they are talking about as Phxntxm said. This is just my point of view as a non-NML player.

Considering 340 is the very best medal, it is logical to keep it that way so only the top of the top can get it. However, it is rather pointless if nobody on the whole site can get it. If just one person can score that high I think it should stay at 340 kills. If it is possible, keep it. If it is not, lower it.

Well...it's possible. Super got 349 now, congrats super, that's just amazing.

So yea I apologize for being my italian self and being stubborn during the meeting about losing veteran usergroup. These are pretty freaking sweet.

Just work out the kinks with being able to choose the medals and this will be awesomesauce.

That option is more than a kink, it's more like a very big hole that we need to patch up

Great medal ideas here, designs are sweet :D

I for one wouldn't be opposed to a 350 kills NML medal... but that's probably me being biased as I'm pretty certain I'll be achieving it very soon :mrgreen: only 1 kill off as it stands and I've improved my starts since the 349 game.

Can't remember if I ever made an introduction thread nor not...

AWESOME!

I'm glad to see that me Undead xP, Nemesis_96, and my idea is finally gonna be a REALITY!

Does this mean we get the "contributed" medal?

Love,

Shapeshifter

;)

all those names, i think i see..... a 455 somewere, wait...

I hope it is, then there is only one left...