If "Five" were continued . . .

Hi this is one of my first theories so I hope it isn't too far-fetched.

Camp David would be a very interesting place to go to if the story of the characters of "Five" were continued.

It's a small lodge not too far from the pentagon.

It has that Call of the Dead feel.

The reason I believe it could tie into the storyline is this:

In 1942 it was converted to a presidential retreat by Franklin D. Roosevelt and renamed "Shangri-La" (for the fictional Himalayan paradise). Shangri-La was also a ship used by the US at the end of WW2 and in Vietnam.

Also mentioned in the article below it says that JFK would lend the house to other government officials. Picture government officials zombiefied, like on Five. Camp David is in Maryland which isn't too far from this event:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kecksburg_UFO_incident

Clicking on the link shows a model of an acorn-shaped object that fell in Kecksburg Pennsylvania on December 9, 1965. See the writing that was supposedly on it? (posting the pic directly was way too big)

Lastly, this looks very similar to "Five" starting room.

Sources: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camp_David

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kecksburg_UFO_incident

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Camp David, eh?

Dr. Kurt Blome

[

Image ]

Before and during World War II, Dr. Kurt Blome was a high-ranking and respected Nazi scientist. In 1947, he was sent to the Nuremburg Trials under the evidence that he was practicing euthanasia and conducting experiments on humans. One of the most prominent things there is evidence for is his workings with the gas known as Sarin, which he began to work with in 1943. Blome was acquitted in the Nuremburg Trails most likely due to America's intervention, and two months later he was a part of Operation Paperclip as a consult for America's germ warfare program.

After his acquittal in the Nuremburg Trials, he was brought to America via Operation Paperclip and taken to be interviewed at none other than Camp David. Very nice thread and connection. If you feel like seeing exactly how Blome fits into the story, check the first link of my signature ;)

Reading your idea and it's pretty good, but can't say anything since I live in the uk but thanks to your comment about the boat called shangri-la I understand the story line, richtofen wanted the jungle version of the place but ended up on the boat so he got the golden rod that sounds like his sex toy then he went back in time to where he wanted to go originally - thanks for helping me understand that :)

• Administrators

Honestly I think that Five only was a simple add-on with no link to the story at all.

Sure, in Ascension, the telephones.. But the main characters say absolutely NOTHING in response to it when the person talks.

I see your theory, and I think it would be a nice extension to Five.

Personally, I see it as inclusive to the story. There is no standard map that is around that isn't involved in the story. Everything from Nacht der Untoten to Moon has relevance, in my personal opinion. Not to mention, JFK and Nixon have basically been confirmed for the next game already according to CVG, as well as Trejo who was in Call of the Dead.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Very sound theory. I actually think this theory is more probable than it appears.

Think of it this way: Treyarch confirmed that they are going to give us more zombies. They're adding a zombies multiplayer section of the game. This would require more maps. Is it likely that they'll make more maps that the characters didn't actually travel to in to the main storyline, but are still somewhat related, just for the sake of having more maps for the multiplayer modes? Absolutely.

Don't get me wrong, what they should do is continue to make these main story maps meant mainly for survival and have huge easter eggs to continue the storyline (that looks like what "The Map" is gonna be). But maybe they could make maps like Camp David as little extras. Not as complex, but still a fair zombie map.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Interesting....also i was seeing Syndicate's videos when i saw some video talking about zombie characters and said Nixon, JFK, castro and some other people, so you might be right.

Yeah those characters aren't confirmed but speculated at, I think it would be cool for them to appear

• 4 weeks later...

Very sound theory. I actually think this theory is more probable than it appears.

Think of it this way: Treyarch confirmed that they are going to give us more zombies. They're adding a zombies multiplayer section of the game. This would require more maps. Is it likely that they'll make more maps that the characters didn't actually travel to in to the main storyline, but are still somewhat related, just for the sake of having more maps for the multiplayer modes? Absolutely.

Don't get me wrong, what they should do is continue to make these main story maps meant mainly for survival and have huge easter eggs to continue the storyline (that looks like what "The Map" is gonna be). But maybe they could make maps like Camp David as little extras. Not as complex, but still a fair zombie map.

See, I think "The Map" is actually going to be part of 4z4. I don't think they would show an actual survival zombie map so soon. If it was, and I'm wrong, then so be it. This was my hypothesis though.

To the OP: I think this is highly plausible and very well may be implemented in the future. I would also like to see more levels of the pentagon. Possibly show three more levels of the pentagon and use Camp David as a sort of NML, or the other way around. I would probably enjoy your idea way more as the primary map, and possibly one more floor from the pentagon as the PaP room. I would like to see the return of a NML type beginning, but I fear it is going to be infrequent at best.