Changes I would like to see

I've seen a lot of good ideas on these forums and elsewhere. I have several ideas myself but first I would like to throw out 3 small ideas that could be implemented into existing Zombies maps that would make the game better in my opinion.

1. The ability to give other players points. This could be done in 500 point increments. When you press the Back button (Xbox 360) it brings up the names of all the players in the game. You highlight the player you want to give the points to and press X. Each button press gives that player 500 points.

2. The ability to swap weapons with another player. This would be done just like in Gears of War 3. You aim down sights at the person, they aim down sights at you. Both players must then press X (although B could easily be used as well), and you swap whatever gun you are holding for the gun the other person is holding. This would be very helpful if you're getting good guns from the box, but another player hasn't been as lucky.

3. The ability to store a powerup. When you run into a powerup you automatically store it. When you want to activate it, you press Up on the D-pad (a different direction could be used if needed). When you have a powerup already stored, the game operates as it does now, when you run into a powerup, it's automatically used.

These 3 ideas pretty small, but I think they would be pretty effective in making the games better.

One of the biggest complaints my friends and I have about Zombies is the length of time of games. We simply don't have the time to play 4, 5, 6 hours or longer. Games often get to the point where the time spent in between rounds (with a crawler or 2 roaming about) exceeds the time spent in the rounds fighting the horde. One of the major reasons for this is that everyone has to hit the box numerous time in order to get the gun they want. There's several ways to combat this

-Give everyone the ability to refill their ammo. I love the way Spec Ops Survival did this in MW3, you only had to run to the gun crate and spend the $750. Putting a machine on the map that refills your ammo would be the easiest way to handle this. Call it the Ammo Box. Make it 1000 points, that's fine, but having the ability to refill your ammo is a must.

-Once every space on the map has been opened up, what's the point of the bear in the box? All it does is waste time because you have to chase it down. Once every door has been opened, the box should no longer move. I would be in favor of having multiple boxes on the map, one in each spot that it appears regularly. However, if need be, just put switches near by possible box locations that you activate to make the box appear there. This is much like how you can call the landers on the Ascension map.

I think both of these ideas would work well together, and I would include them both.

The rest of my ideas are more general ideas.

-Include as many perk machines as possible.

-I also think you should be able to get as many perks as you want. Ways to handle this would be, your first 4 perks are normal price, every perk after that would be double price. Or perhaps just allow you to get whatever perks you want, for the original price they are. A lot of these perks are very specialized anyway so it's not like they're vital.

-I like the idea of pro perks. However, I favor the idea of killing a certain number of enemies or accumulating a certain number of points in order to get the pro version of a perk. Just having pro perks would be great to me, though, no matter how you get them.

-I like having multiple paths and verticality on the maps. I liked the catwalk on Der Riese because enemies would be under you and also right in front of you at the same time. You could jump off the left side or right side and actually be in different spots. I like the idea of having different ways to go in order to reach a destination.

-Being able to buy killstreaks would be awesome. Buying a chopper gunner, calling in napalm (especially if the pro version of a perk gave you immunity to fire, like Flak Jacket Pro in BO), caling in dogs, being able to set down a sentry gun, calling in a carpet bomber. How about a RC-XD that has a Monkey Bomb on it? You can drive it anywhere you want on the map, assuming you can avoid the zombie horde stopping you, and they'll follow it.

-Speaking of Monkey Bombs, why not have them as well as Gersh Devices and any other specialty grenades you can think of available to you? You can only have 1 at a time anyway.

-On that same note, I would be in favor of eliminating the box entirely and just adapting the same model that Spec Ops Survival uses, where there are multiple crates on the map that you can buy weapons, grenades, killstreaks, perks, etc. from. I realize that may be too much of a departure from tradtitional Zombies for most, though.

-Every gun that's in Black Ops 2 should be available in Zombies, whether in the box or on the wall (on in the gun crate, if that idea were to come to fruition). I never understood why this isn't the case in the previous games.

-I like the idea of a ranking system specific to Zombies. I'm not sure what would be the best way to handle ranking up, though. What would you get for gaining experience and levels? Perhaps this is the way to handle how many perks you can have at once?

-There should be more things to buy. You should be able to buy and place a turret gun that a player has to shoot themselves. You should be able to buy and place barbed wire or decoys. You should be able to buy and call in a support team, with varying levels depending on how much you spend. For instance, the lowest team could consist of some shotgunners and it goes higher and higher until you reach ray gun wielding assault troops. They could either be there for a limited time, or until they die, depending on how much they cost.

I could probably come up with more ideas, but I think this is long enough.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The ability to store a powerup. When you run into a powerup you automatically store it. When you want to activate it, you press Up on the D-pad (a different direction could be used if needed). When you have a powerup already stored, the game operates as it does now, when you run into a powerup, it's automatically used.

I think this would be grossly overpowered, because lets say you have 3 spaces on the D pad, you can pull any 3 max ammos or nukes for four players in a game.

These 3 ideas pretty small, but I think they would be pretty effective in making the games better.

One of the biggest complaints my friends and I have about Zombies is the length of time of games. We simply don't have the time to play 4, 5, 6 hours or longer. Games often get to the point where the time spent in between rounds (with a crawler or 2 roaming about) exceeds the time spent in the rounds fighting the horde. One of the major reasons for this is that everyone has to hit the box numerous time in order to get the gun they want. There's several ways to combat this

-Give everyone the ability to refill their ammo. I love the way Spec Ops Survival did this in MW3, you only had to run to the gun crate and spend the $750. Putting a machine on the map that refills your ammo would be the easiest way to handle this. Call it the Ammo Box. Make it 1000 points, that's fine, but having the ability to refill your ammo is a must.

I think that is also way to overpowered, also if you want to play survival then just play survival, if you want an ammo box make it something that would cost a ridiculous amount like 4000 points for ammo, because there is no reason people should be running out of ammo before round 21 or something, so make it out of somebodies price range

-Once every space on the map has been opened up, what's the point of the bear in the box? All it does is waste time because you have to chase it down. Once every door has been opened, the box should no longer move. I would be in favor of having multiple boxes on the map, one in each spot that it appears regularly. However, if need be, just put switches near by possible box locations that you activate to make the box appear there. This is much like how you can call the landers on the Ascension map.

I agree

I think both of these ideas would work well together, and I would include them both.

-I also think you should be able to get as many perks as you want. Ways to handle this would be, your first 4 perks are normal price, every perk after that would be double price. Or perhaps just allow you to get whatever perks you want, for the original price they are. A lot of these perks are very specialized anyway so it's not like they're vital.

I think that that's also a little much and takes away the challenge of picking your perks like picking a strategy, BUT i do think that they must increase the perk cap to 6 especially if they are going to add new perks which i hope they do.

-I like the idea of pro perks. However, I favor the idea of killing a certain number of enemies or accumulating a certain number of points in order to get the pro version of a perk. Just having pro perks would be great to me, though, no matter how you get them.

I agree, but just make it like twice as expensive

-I like having multiple paths and verticality on the maps. I liked the catwalk on Der Riese because enemies would be under you and also right in front of you at the same time. You could jump off the left side or right side and actually be in different spots. I like the idea of having different ways to go in order to reach a destination.

Agreed

-Being able to buy killstreaks would be awesome. Buying a chopper gunner, calling in napalm (especially if the pro version of a perk gave you immunity to fire, like Flak Jacket Pro in BO), caling in dogs, being able to set down a sentry gun, calling in a carpet bomber. How about a RC-XD that has a Monkey Bomb on it? You can drive it anywhere you want on the map, assuming you can avoid the zombie horde stopping you, and they'll follow it.

I agree, but again with the overpowered stuff, like a placeable sentry gun that can break after a few rounds sure, but i would say if you want killstreaks, make most if not all of them interective like, you or even the whole team can buy a chopper gunner for half a round and revive people/ shoot down on the zombies but it must be extremely expensive like $5000

-Speaking of Monkey Bombs, why not have them as well as Gersh Devices and any other specialty grenades you can think of available to you? You can only have 1 at a time anyway.

There is litterally no need for gersches and monkies on a map even though i like monkeys better

-On that same note, I would be in favor of eliminating the box entirely and just adapting the same model that Spec Ops Survival uses, where there are multiple crates on the map that you can buy weapons, grenades, killstreaks, perks, etc. from. I realize that may be too much of a departure from tradtitional Zombies for most, though.

This is wayyyy too far, trying to make it survival mode, in zombies if youre running with a team and you need to buy a gun off the wall fast, you can its in a crate half the map away, it takes the difficulty of spending your money on a godly box that could give you the wonderwaffe or a carbine (I realize that may be too much of a departure from tradtitional Zombies for most, though.) Yeah that would take away from half of the gameplay of zombies

-Every gun that's in Black Ops 2 should be available in Zombies, whether in the box or on the wall (on in the gun crate, if that idea were to come to fruition). I never understood why this isn't the case in the previous games.

I agree, and if they could put in more usable guns, like WW2 guns from WAW, I used to love the flamethrower, and the MG and the Browning etc.

-I like the idea of a ranking system specific to Zombies. I'm not sure what would be the best way to handle ranking up, though. What would you get for gaining experience and levels? Perhaps this is the way to handle how many perks you can have at once?

Agreed

-There should be more things to buy. You should be able to buy and place a turret gun that a player has to shoot themselves. You should be able to buy and place barbed wire or decoys. You should be able to buy and call in a support team, with varying levels depending on how much you spend. For instance, the lowest team could consist of some shotgunners and it goes higher and higher until you reach ray gun wielding assault troops. They could either be there for a limited time, or until they die, depending on how much they cost.

Ehhh, i mean you could but i think it would take away from the team effort in helping others survive, having to depend on the man next to you, but being able to call in a team should be available in solo if youre tired of running circle after circle

Disagree with all except for this.

I like having multiple paths and verticality on the maps. I liked the catwalk on Der Riese because enemies would be under you and also right in front of you at the same time. You could jump off the left side or right side and actually be in different spots. I like the idea of having different ways to go in order to reach a destination.

OK being as the majority of people on this site refuse to comment and would rather view everyone's topic, and write the same exact thing. I will reply to you. From here on out I will reply to all posts with no or little replies. Just because someone's idea is odd or not up to your standards, doesn't mean it could not be built upon. (end of rant)

Implemented ideas

1)This was pretty much solved by the hacker. All they would have to do is make the hacker more permanent and use the D-pad (down). I do think they should make it to where everyone has it, and you don't have to "split" it up. This is a must though, we must have a way to give your team-mates money. Some people aren't as good as me... :D

2)I like this idea. Again, they somewhat began on this. The hacker is essential when hitting the box. If you and someone else need a gun, bring the hacker. Even if you don't need one, have them give you money for your box hits. This also is essential. The box is unbelievably unforgiving. One person can get raygun first try. The next person gets CZ75 five times until he runs out of money. We need a reasonable way of sorting things out. Giving away guns is only the beginning.

3) I don't know about this one. It does sound good at first, but the more I think about it.... I think it might be too much power for the player. Your situation wouldn't seem as desperate if you knew you had a nuke or insta-kill ready at will. I would like a way to elongate the amount of time a drop has, before flashing away. Perhaps a gun with a second mode of fire. Shoot a perk once and it restarts the countdown till it disappears. I feel like it should only be able to do it once though. Per perk that is.

Time Complaint

I agree and disagree. I agree the rounds take forever and it can be repetitive. It takes forever to get to round 30-40 and after that it seems the same amount of time to do one round. I think it should stay close to this though. If each round after 30+ took 20-30 minutes, everyone would be on the top of the leaderboards. I find myself doing challenges to even it out. Try playing a no jugg game, or a shotgun only game. You will be pleased with yourself by the time its time to quit, I promise.

1)I think being able to buy ammo should be limited to normal guns only. (excluding wonderweapons, M&S, crossbow, ballistic knife, and any type of special grenade) Certain guns are given limited ammo because it would ruin gameplay. I like the idea of being able to buy ammo for a galil or something at will. Them max-ammos get kind of scarce after a while.

2)I agree with this. The box moving into an area you can't reach, should be the only reason it moves. Once everything else is open, it IS kind of pointless to have it keep moving. It is core though. Playing with core zombies is risky.

General ideas

1)Aaah the perks. IDK. They have been playing around with different ideas with Black Ops. I have a feeling we will have a better perk system on the next game. I don't know about being able to buy them all though. Maybe another one or two, but they have to have something for easter-eggs.

2)Pro perks and challenges would be awesome. It would add a lot to the gameplay. I like this a lot.

3)I would love to have multiple paths implemented a little more. In Call of the Dead they tried bringing it back, it wasn't all that great though. The maps have reduced to open areas. We need vertical maps. Imagine flopper diving off a roof, EPIC.

4) The killstreaks you mentioned would be great and easy to implement. I would love to see more zombie style killstreaks though. "Friendly hellhounds ready for your mark, Hellhounds ready for your mark."

5) I like the idea of having all special grenades available, but having monkeybombs and gershes would be pointless. Monkeybombs are way less glitchy anyways. If this was added, you would not be able to buy more ammo for them though. It would be like having the monkeybomb glitch back.

6) NOOOO. You can't take away the box. I wouldn't want this one at all. Sorry man, I just can't do the whole survival mixed with zombies mode.

7) To answer your question there simply isn't enough space on a disc to fit everygun from all cods. We need new guns. I wouldn't ming having newer versions of the same guns. Galil 2.0 would be awesome. ( I'm sure you can tell I like the Galil.)

8)I like this. Fits with the challenges and pro perks.

9) NOOOO. survival mode enthusiast aren't you. :facepalm: Well, I am not gonna say its a bad idea but I think it's a little too close to Horde mode mixed with survival.

My Two Cents

All in all I think you have some solid, yet vague, ideas. I could see most of these implemented into zombies. Expect brains for the effort.

I've seen a lot of good ideas on these forums and elsewhere. I have several ideas myself but first I would like to throw out 3 small ideas that could be implemented into existing Zombies maps that would make the game better in my opinion.

1. The ability to give other players points. This could be done in 500 point increments. When you press the Back button (Xbox 360) it brings up the names of all the players in the game. You highlight the player you want to give the points to and press X. Each button press gives that player 500 points.

2. The ability to swap weapons with another player. This would be done just like in Gears of War 3. You aim down sights at the person, they aim down sights at you. Both players must then press X (although B could easily be used as well), and you swap whatever gun you are holding for the gun the other person is holding. This would be very helpful if you're getting good guns from the box, but another player hasn't been as lucky.

That detracts from the somewhat random nature of the box.

3. The ability to store a powerup. When you run into a powerup you automatically store it. When you want to activate it, you press Up on the D-pad (a different direction could be used if needed). When you have a powerup already stored, the game operates as it does now, when you run into a powerup, it's automatically used.

Again the uncertainty is being stripped from the game.

The Amm-o-matic was a perk machine of sorts, it gave the player max ammo, that did not make it into the final game. I don't know why; I'm sure no one aside from Treyarch does. I feel that it takes away the challenge. Running out of ammo on Der Riese and making a last ditch effort to jump from the catwalk and make way for the teleporter wouldn't be possible if max ammo was that easy to obtain. And 1,000 points is too cheap even for a base weapon. PaP'd wall weapons cost 4,200 points to refill. If it was included it would have to cost an obscene amount of points to get, upwards of 10,000 in my opinion, since it is guaranteed to be there the entire game and it won't be accessible early on.

Once again your trading challenge for accessibility. On Der Riese for example an entire team could sit on the catwalk and not have to worry about running out of ammunition because the box is right being them.

I like this idea

I like this

I do not like the idea of including kill streaks.

I think each map can have its own specialized grenade but having every single one is a bit much.

No, just no. You've gone to far and are trampling over the thing that makes Zombies, Zombies.

It might lead to some over saturation in terms of weapon choices.I can understand leaving the wall weapons but including them there, in the box, and the other weapons in there too is a lot.

I like this

No, there is a reason power ups are temporary and sporadic in their appearance. Calling them at will is taking away from the challenge.

I could probably come up with more ideas, but I think this is long enough.

I appreciate all replies, though saying you disagree without saying why is kind of pointless.

Moving on, saying that changing what makes zombies zombies is bad, is only half-true. Just because something exists doesn't mean that it should remain that way, especially if a better alternative exists.

It's like the argument about whether games were better back in the old days, where you had to memorize a level and the enemy patterns just to be able to beat it.

Bad game mechanics shouldn't continue just because they've always been that way. Games evolve and get better, much the same way that athletes evolve.

To say that trading challenge for accessibility is bad is ridiculous. Not everyone has the desire or the time to spent hours and hours playing this game. In fact, the vast majority of people are in the same boat. If you're not in this category, that's great for you. However, the real world can be a pain in the behind. Include difficulty levels if need be, or include this as an easier mode, that's fine.

Having said all this, I do appreciate any and all feedback. I can only hope that Treyarch has spent 5% of the time we all have on this.

Although I agree with some of your ideas, there are some that I do not.

*I know this might sound a bit harsh, but just know that I am saying my opinion*

I'm not sure about the "refilling your ammo" idea. As well as the box. And many other things/

You see, the box moves around when you get the teddy bear. Now, it can move to a spot you desire, or a spot that is particularly hard to defend/go to while in mid-round. Personally, I think the reason Treyarch had in mind for this was not to be annoying to the players (ok actually yes) but, for players who are hitting the box mid-round. The box shouldn't be in the most defendable place, like on the stage in Kino. You can just keep kiting and still hit the box, while if it is in some other places, you cannot because it is not as easily accessible. Do you see my reasoning here? As well, if the box could just be there with a pull of a switch, where is the challenge? Where is the desire to open up the whole map if your just going to camp by the box?

Refilling your ammo takes away challenge of the game. You strive to be better at Zombies because you need to find ways to circumvent problems such as this. Go for headshots. Knife. All that. You give someone a box to refill their ammo and you can just camp there. Plus, 1000 points is absolutely nothing.

Not entirely thrilled on the "chopper gunner" idea as well. How would you incorporate that?

On another note, no, they will never take away the box. It's been there since the beginning, and always will be.

Maybe more D-Pad items, but I wouldn't put in ray-gun troops or anything like that. Treyarch has to differ themselves from IW or Sledgehammer, or whoever makes Modern Warfare now. The two companies are supposed to release DIFFERENT Call Of Duty games, not recycled ideas.