M16 vs. Ak74u

Hoping I can help new players with this, because I've sure had problems with choosing in the past but I've gotten past them.

Ak-

Ammo- Clip 20 reserve 160. (un- pap'd)

Cost-1200

Firing mode: Full auto

Pap value: 7/10. Better sights and more ammo, that's really it.

Good for Ascension, Kino (alley strat only), and call of the dead and moon.

Not good for: Five. It is too hard to run back and get ammo for, unless you specialize in running through the basement.

M16-

Ammo: clip 30, reserve 120. (un pap'd)

Cost- 1200.

Firing mode- 3 round burst, automatic when pack a punched

Pap value- 10/10. Full auto, lots of power, and more ammo. Not to mention te grenade launcher.

Good for: Kino (stage strategy)

Not food for: Five, Ascension, (unless running that area) and cotd.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do like the m16 but the ak is in my opinion a much better weapon. For a start I don't really like the burst action, I burst shoot an awful lot but I prefer to control it myself. Full auto can save your life even up to 30.

Regarding the pap values - if you do a direct comparison between how much better the weapon becomes I agree with those ratings. The ak gains a fair amount of recoil. Side by side though I'm certain the ak does more damage. But the m16 is awesome PAPed, almost zero recoil which is great for trains.

I just totally dislike the Burst Fire. That's why I normally avoid the M16. The Skullcrusher's nade launcher's reload is way too slow for me. Therefore, I do not use the gun, with the exception of a Kino Stage strategy.

But whenever I feel like it, I buy the gun, and once upgraded, it's a yummy killing machine.

pap ammo costs 4500. Which is why I always use unpapped smg's. I like to hipfire and spray a lot so 3 round bursts are big no no for me. smg would always help me get to point total I need. I can even pap later in the game if I happen to train close to that location. I would pap M16 if there was a good training spot like in Kino. Even then I would prefer traps and smg over pap wall guns.

I would use M16 for easy head shots. For racking up bit more points for short period of time sometimes not.

AK-74u is better than M16, i always use it. A point making gun with easy aim for headshots. Same thing for everyone above its fully automatic. Also it did saved me from getting downed quite a lot of times. :)

-Nathan169

The AK74fu2 does the most max damage of any Black Ops wall weapon and has the most ammo. End of discussion.

Without the upgrade, it's just preference really. I enjoy the burst fire for headshots until around 15, then I'll use the AK for a few until I PAP it or just trade it in for a wonder weapon.

The AK74fu2 does the most max damage of any wall weapon and has the most ammo. End of discussion.

Without the upgrade, it's just preference really. I enjoy the burst fire for headshots until around 15, then I'll use the AK for a few until I PAP it or just trade it in for a wonder weapon.

Actually the 1001 Samurai's does the most damage :P

The AK74fu2 does the most max damage of any wall weapon and has the most ammo. End of discussion.

Actually the 1001 Samurai's does the most damage :P

Consider me surprised. Only used it once, had no idea it did that much damage, but I will update my current post to reflect your info.

Now I'm going to use that gun every time I play Der Riese.

Lol. Well it isn't by much. the AK74fu2 is 304,000 overall, while the 1001 Samurai's is 308,000.

As for the topic itself, these are really point weapons, so usefulness really isn't the largest concern, but technically the AK74fu2 is better, as it deals 304,000, while the Skullcrusher only deals 225,000 plus 1,200 in the grenade launcher.

MP40 is the one of the best SMG in zombies but it beats AK-74u anytime.

Does anyone actually use Type 100? I do use it but I don't see a lot of players use that gun. It's a great gun. :)

-Nathan169

MP40, Thompson and AK are all imo separated by literally nothing. The deciding factor is always map and location. The AK and Thompson have better recoil, the MP40 has a bigger clip.

Got to say I do love the MP40.

However, just for the fun of it, Try Dempseys wet dream of the Predator & Skull Crusher.

To be honest these days I take weapons on the fun value.

Not one mention of the STG-44...? On Der Riese this is the gun of choice for me.

As for the type100, I do like that aswell.

Shit, if it takes bullets I'm happy. :D

On Moon it has to be the Ak all the way.

Regards Alpha.

• 2 weeks later...

Re reading this I realised something - the M16 is really not fit to lace the boots of the AK or MP40.

The AK cost per bullet vs damage is the lowest of all the wall SMG/ARs.

If for any reason you are going to go to level 30 with only a wall gun are you really going to want to be using your right trigger finger that much!

• 2 weeks later...