Wonder Attachment Machine (WAM)

(SPECIAL THANKS TO MEGA for placing this in the correct forum.)(Credit goes where it should, you know who you are)

In another thread labeled Wonder Weapon Ideas, I began a post that I feel was cut short because I didn't want to clog the current topic. In this topic I will expand on said idea with pictures and better explanation.

Wonder Attachment Machine

This machine will be similar to attachment machines previously mentioned, but offers a nice twist. All attachments are unaffected by PaP. Being as some guns will already have attachments, (i.e. Aug, M16, M14, etc.) I will make the necessary notes on each attachment showing compatability.

Infra-Dead HAMR Sights:

This attachment will be similar to MW3's HAMR sight. A laser sight similar to custom zombies enhances hip fire accuracy. Upon switching to the zoom, it will double as a infra-dead scope. Imagine:

This vvv

Mixed with this:

Mixed with this:

(^not compatible with any of the regular attachments, as it uses the d-pad function)

Freak Bag Mags:

This attachment is simple yet effective. Not only does it offer more ammo/mags, it also adds explosive/incendiary rounds. The rounds are simultaneous explosive fire, and only the last 10 bullets offer the power. Leading you to want to keep shooting till the end. Imagine:

This^ and PaP ammo combined, with the last 10 rounds being explosive.(not massive explosion...think XM25 with quicker rate of fire, and actual fire)

The incendiaries/tracer rounds will show up without PaPing the gun.

(This attachment is compatible with every normal attachment you might get.)I cant really find any explosive rounds/incendiary rounds in videos but I am still looking.

KM11RV-GOAT (VR11 Masterkey):

This attachment will offer all the effects of the VR11 with the versatility of a shotgun. I liked Hgoats idea on this but changed it to fit my topic. Core idea credit goes to him. Being as there can't be water on every map, once a zombie is shot and becomes human, he simply stays still. Though he cannot infect or kill any zombies, he stays alive the same amount of time as a monkeybomb, and you get 10-20 points for every hit he takes from a zombie. The spray this attachment offers will benefit your aim in shooting team-mates as well, leaving insta-kill at will wide open for oppurtunity. Imagine:

This^ Mixed with:

Mixed with:

pJAxBY4ASeA

You notice the difficulty the player was faced with while trying to shoot his team-mate. (compatible with red dot sights)

DBGL-TANK

This attachment is similar to a trap. It offers a way of sealing off an area or doorway for quick retreat. I liked Tankeo's idea for this one, but again, I had to modify, or in your case, leave out some things to fit my idea. Upon being shot, this grenade launcher would explode with the same force as a napalm zombie. It leaves behind the same patch of fire as well. The fire will emit a purplish/blue flame near the top hinting even more toward a PaP/Wonder weapon. Imagine:

This^ mixed with:

Mixed with:

(Compatible with red dot sights)

Ballistic Bayonet

This attachment offers all of the abilities of the upgraded ballistic knife and the bowie knife, without the upclose and personal. The down-side being you get limited ammo and we all know how easy it is to misfire a ballistic knife right outside the map. Imagine:

This^ mixed with:

Mixed with:

One hit kill until 20. (Compatible with red dot sights)

ARSEN-FTW

This attachment will be similar to the flamethrower, but offers more effectiveness. Instead of igniting the fuel supply when you swap over to this attachment, it allows you to apply the fuel supply directly to the zombies. One spark from a bullet or a frag and well.... Imagine:

This^ mixed with:

wV4OZqSdP1U

This^^^ would be EPIC

Ammo Clip size/Stock

Freak Bag Mags 25%^/25%^

KM11RV-GOAT2/6

DBGL-TANK2/6

Ballistic Bayonet1/4

ARSEN-FTW1/4

I put a lot of work into finding the pictures and effort into my thoughts. Please do give feedback. Not asking for brains, just input. Maybe even your ideas.

Thank you to WhosOnFirst. Expect brains for your kindness. I think I got it all tidy'd up but I will be adding more info and explanation as time goes by. By the way if you don't know whos on first, then who's on second? ;)

This is a little drawing I put together. I think it should look like this. The left side will offer an area for choosing your attachment, indicated by a green light. The right side will offer a place to insert your gun and pay for the attachment. The two halfs will be separated enough so the player doesn't accidently buy one he/she doesn't want. The lever on the side will move the green light one slot and you must cycle through to get your preferred attachment. I know warlord was a perk, but the sign just looked so good.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread smells. of something awesome :lol:

With regards your Ytube problem remove the initial link web address and use the unique video identification in the web address. Sometimes depending on how you got to the video, the address in your browser can be a little confusing. So if you click on the share video button below the video you would like to imbed; you should be able to clearly see the part of the address that identifies the video.

An example would be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... ailpage&v=wV4OZqSdP1U#t=7s

The orange text part of the address should be the identifier for that video. The blue coloured part of the address I believe denotes the time frame of the video where you would like it to start from. I am not exactly web savvy :D so you might need to play around a bit and make your own observations. I would love to make a greater responce to your post, but its quite late hear right now and I also need to reply to someone else first. Looks great at first sight though, I am sure people will have made some input on these ideas before I get back.

• 2 months later...

Bump!

I would hate to see this idea go to waste in the back of the forum. I would also hate to see UndeadXP's "Build-a-Trap" idea go to waste back there so I encourage him to do the same. If you feel differently, that is fine.

EDIT: Why is this in single player? Can a mod please move this to black ops 2 ZOMBIES discussion?

Moved for ya ;) Great ideas, however unless this is put somewhere out of the way (such as the projection booth in Kino) I feel like it would be too long of a process to select you attachment and then buy it. Perhaps if it was random it would work, but then it might annoy some players. But anyways, great post. I love the images.

You are right, to an extent. Of course that IS your opinion so really, you can't be wrong or right. Let me explain. After Pack a Punching, your gun will do itself justice, and after a while it will pay itself off. The PaP is the best thing ever as far as I am concerned, and in no way am I trying to replace it. I am just one of the few in this croud of people, who would enjoy having more than one Major Wonder Weapon in each map. I want the thundergun and the jgb....shrinkgun. ;) . OP? Maybe. I would still want it. My idea would offer these weapons at a much lower ammo capacity, cutting down on the OP a little.

I'm surprised this hasn't got much attention, or that I didn't discover it sooner.

I actually really do like this idea. Perhaps maybe a few tweaks here and there, but seems pretty awesome and unique! I remember back during the Call of the Dead trailer, everyone thought there was going to be an Attachment Machine.

The attachments you came up with are very creative, however like I said I think they would need some small adjustments to them and than they'd be fine.

I would like it if there were more variety though than just those 6. Such as all the attachments from Multiplayer, plus some more new unique ones.

Than, I think I'd want it to work on the Mystery Box mechanics. In that you cannot choose the attachment, and it is random what you get. It adds more fun and suspense if you don't get the one you want

So because it's working on Mystery Box's mechanics, the higher tier attachments like the KM11RV-GOAT (VR11 Masterkey), would have a lesser chance to be randomly chosen than say a normal Masterkey or ACOG Scope. Just like Wonder Weapons have a lower chance of coming out of the box than normal weapons, like an L96A1. :)

Anyway, great idea!

I really got to thank everyone for the feedback. I made this thread a while ago and at the time it didn't get much attention. You can tell by my post above. (ONLY TWO POSTS?) I really like the idea. I could see the box mechanics being incorporated, as well as regular attachments. I just had the feeling it would be annoying, not being able to choose which one. It would cut down even more on the "over poweredness" of the idea though. I wouldn't mind either way though. Again thank you.