Call of Duty V: World at War (Mod idea)

Hello. So yesterday in the mail I got a copy of Call of Duty: World at War: Final Fronts for the PS2 and enjoyed it. I really liked how it had more American levels in parts of the Pacific that weren't in the main game and how it continued the story of Roebuck, Polonsky, Sullivan, and Miller. Along with that, it also had a British campaign that was meant to be in the main game as well. So after playing and doing a little bit of reading about World at War. I came up with an idea for a mod. The mod would essiantially almost act as an Expansion Pack to World at War. Not really removing anything but just adding on to it. Here are the ideas of what would change:

Single Player:

Add Training Level, American Levels, and British levels from Final Fronts into the campaign. (I'm pretty sure someone could probably go into the coding of the game and extract the maps and sound effects and such)

Co-Op:

More levels = more death cards.

Zombies:

Port/Remake Kino Der Toten from Black Ops, since it was originally intended for WaW. (Someone could use the beta Black Ops mod tools to help with that)

Multiplayer:

Add British and other cut weapons (Sten, Lee Enfield, Bren, Grease Gun)

Add levels based off the British Campaign

Rebalance the weapons

Add more ranks

Add the cut 4th Killstreak (Which was essiantally a bombing run)

And there's possibly a few more things you could add, but for the most part that's about it. And it doesn't really seem all that impossible. I think if we got a bunch of mappers and modders from the community to help, he could bring new life to World at War and make it even better than it was before. Opinions?

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a more complete list I made for another forum.

Single Player:

Add Training Level, American Levels, and British levels from Final Fronts into the campaign. (I'm pretty sure someone could probably go into the coding of the game and extract the maps and sound effects and such)

Co-Op:

More levels = more death cards.

Spec-Op missions.

Survival Mode.

Zombies:

Port/Remake Kino Der Toten from Black Ops, since it was originally intended for WaW. (Someone could use the beta Black Ops mod tools to help with that)

Add "updated/modern" variants of maps that would add more perks and other features to maps.

Multiplayer:

Add British and other cut weapons (Sten, Lee Enfield, Bren, Grease Gun, Shoe box mine)

Add maps based off the British Campaign

Rebalance the weapons

Add Gun Camo. (Was intended to be in WaW)

Add more ranks

Add the cut 4th Killstreak (Which was essiantally a bombing run)

New game modes such as Gun Game, One in the Chamber, Sharpshooter, Kill Confirmed, and Classic mode (pre-set classes based on teams like in Call of Duty 1 and 2)

Other additions:

Hi-Res Textures

More PC options like a fully functioning FOV slider.

Controller support.

NO PUNKBUSTER

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...