Shooter

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dead Ops Arcade Round 160 World Record by Thee_Frenzy, FR1TZ22 & LOC1520

tFXF-sQYIfY

A little late there my friend ;)

In other news my world record Dead Ops Arcade game is finally uploaded. Here it is :D

Since I beat round 128 I technically made it to round 129, which would make that the record correct?

P6XPk2zpTeI

• 2 weeks later...

Sure everyone knows about this one by now, but I'll post it anyways:

Still planning on turning this into a 100 at some point, though the way this game was going it'd taken me 15+ hours to get to 80 thanks to terrible luck on the box for most of the game. If I'd got to 90 in that time, I'd have been fired up to go to 100, but taking that long to get to 80 and having spend over 1/3 of my time hitting the box, I really didn't wanna play the map anymore so I suicided and swore I'd never play the map again :lol:

Sure everyone knows about this one by now, but I'll post it anyways:

Still planning on turning this into a 100 at some point, though the way this game was going it'd taken me 15+ hours to get to 80 thanks to terrible luck on the box for most of the game. If I'd got to 90 in that time, I'd have been fired up to go to 100, but taking that long to get to 80 and having spend over 1/3 of my time hitting the box, I really didn't wanna play the map anymore so I suicided and swore I'd never play the map again :lol:

Update #40 complete! ;)

Well done once again Super! The legend lives on!

• 2 weeks later...

I have discussed with DKA_Masta about these records and he thinks, FIVE, Moon and CotD COOP records are not legit. Because they would take too much time.

He says round 70 in Moon takes 20 hours and 99 would take 45-50 hours.

On CotD he says round 70 alone takes 24 hours.

i can only say that masta is correct about five. he's got the record there with 63. those other guys claim to have only one down running on the top floor the entire game... yeah right.

for moon, it takes 20 hours for 70... if you're running in the biodome. superhands did 66 in 10 hours running receiving bay

and for call of the dead, it definitely does not take 24 hours. the guys with the record in the zombiewhisperers steam group (which masta is a part of) did 70 in 18.5 hours. i'm not sure how long fear played in his game to 85, but i'd believe it's legitimate

Also, for Moon. Note that Sithbas also has a round 99 on that map. 99 has been done on Moon, many times. This one works as a world record as well. I've played with Sith and can vouch that he is indeed a certified zombie slayer. Chopper, way, Superhands can all attest to that I'm sure. He's also partnered so I'm pretty sure he's legit. I'm not sure what this guy was talking about with Moon.

Sorry guys, I meant to update this earlier today. I have some family stuff going on right now that has taken up my life and any free time I had.

If everyone could submit any of the current records that need updates and I'll do a full update tomorrow night. Brains for everyone that can get my the updated records.

Thanks everyone and sorry for the inconvenience.

Shooter

for moon, it takes 20 hours for 70... if you're running in the biodome. superhands did 66 in 10 hours running receiving bay

And that was after spending about 4 hours getting to round 30 :lol: because we had to mess about so much just to get the EE done and get the astro locked on the other side of the map. 70 can be done in less than 10 hours if you get some nice luck in the first 30 rounds with the box and the diggers, then head to the Recieving Bay as soon as you're all set.

I don't know if that's entirely accurate. I just mean, are you sure that the location really made a difference? All it did was half it. The difference may not be Biodome vs. Receiving Bay. It may be whoever's skillset vs. Superhands's skillset. I just think the user's skills would make more of a difference in total time than the location (well this set of location; obviously there are counterexamples to location in general).

The Receiving Bay is substantially faster than the Biodome. The reason is the spawn rate. In the receiving bay, you'll have zombies coming from windows (only 2) and maybe some from outside (probably less than 5). In the Biodome you have zombies coming from the ground (which logically takes longer to spawn them fully) from about 10 different locations. Also the Biodome generally has zombies spawning from all around it, where as the receiving is more compact. The smaller the area, the faster the spawns, the quicker the rounds.

Location is a key point in zombies because spawn speed differs, particularly in this case. A golden example is that the receiving bay or tunnel 11 allow you to get to 30 on solo within about an hour. In the Biodome? At least 90 minutes. Spawn rate is what's being examined here, and it's clear that location really is everything. In real estate and zombies: location, location, location. ;)

Ehj~

Yeah to sum up what Eye said, the further away zombies are spawning away from you obviously they'll take longer to reach you, so it'll take longer to gather a train or if you're camping the zombies will come at you at a slower rate so the rounds will take longer.

So for example, running the Biodome in solo you've got zombies spawning in the labs that take a long time to get to you, zombies spawning out fo the ground which delays them by about 5 seconds, and zombies spawning on the other side of the dome. You're looking at an average of 60 seconds to gather a full train. Whereas somewhere like the Recieving Bay, you have the 2 main spawn points just seconds away from you as well as a few loose ones from outside which reach you fairly quickly still. In this area you're looking at an average of 30 seconds to gather a train.

Also in a map like Ascension, running at the PhD Lander will take 60 seconds per spawn since you have zombies spawning from all the way over near the Mule Kick trap and Auto-turret just outside of the spawn which take a considerable amount of time to reach you. Whereas if you use the PaP area strategy to trigger spawns only in the PaP room and launch pad, all of the zombies spawn within seconds reach of you and you'll always gather a full group in less than 25 seconds.

There's a reason some people take about 20 hours to get to 100 on Ascension where other players do it in less than 13 hours ;)

All updates have been made. :D

Again I thank, and reward everyone that submits videos in youtube link form. It makes it MUCH easier to do quick updates on this, as I seem to be updating the thing all the time.

45 updates. This just shows the unrelenting love that the zombie fans still have, even a year and a half after the game was released. Black Ops 2 is gonna be insane, to say the least.

• 2 weeks later...