You Knew You Were Good When...

I spent a week sick in bed just after Ascension came out but was sticking to Kino. Almost every game I was getting messages from people spectating asking me why I was doing this, that, how I was kiting etc.

Then I played COTD co-op and my first down was on 49. I thought that was a little bit special, especially as it was a 11 hour game.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spent a week sick in bed just after Ascension came out but was sticking to Kino. Almost every game I was getting messages from people spectating asking me why I was doing this, that, how I was kiting etc.

Then I played COTD co-op and my first down was on 49. I thought that was a little bit special, especially as it was a 11 hour game.

WHAT ARE YOU?!

WHAT ARE YOU?!

ChopperNator

tLDhUpbjU6A

WHAT ARE YOU?!

DON'T QUESTION THE CHOPPER!

My first day I survived 6 rounds and died trying to survive the hell hounds in kino. Next day same thing happened but I saw my brother clutch the game like a Boss, I thought he must be really good at this. After a week I was in random lobby and this guy carried me to round 20+ on kino. I saw him play the entire round by himself and I thought he was a God. I immediately determined I will be like him one day.

A similar story happened with me.I was ina game with somebody in around december 2010 when i got into zombies. I too had trouble surviving even hellhounds on kino.I kept dying and he knew I wasnt that good. On round 13 he had a thundergun and I died,and I saw him train around the stage and I thought he was amazing.On round 22 he eventually died but I thought he was like an amanzing player. Around when mw3 came out I was reliving that day and I remembered his gamertag. I messaged him and thanked him how he was the first person to teach me things and tell me tips about zombies and where i was with zombies now. He replied saying "everyone is a noob at one point,some people catch on quicker than others.I played WAW so was familair in how to deal with zombies and enjoyed helping people with zombies when blackpps came out.You are the first person to reply to me after a game and thank me. You sir,just made my day." :lol: He sent me a request and I played with him again,and I thought it was pretty cool that i played with him over a year later.

You knew you were good when you kept getting random adds of random people you play with. - Rissole25

Seriously, it makes me happy when I've had a good game with randoms, than in the top right corner pops up "______ wants to be your friend". Even if the players are a little bad, I still feel proud of myself, because someone views me as being a great player. Gives me endorphins haha! :lol:

• 7 months later...

I knew i was a good player when I hit 31 with 2 players on COTD with my only down ending the game :x . Had all the perks from evereyones favorite pal george too...

Also knew i was a good player when I finally hit 50 on acension with 2 players. Had 2 downs that game. This is small compared to some of yalls high rounds. And i also usually dont have extended amounts of time to play.

You knew you were good when you kept getting random adds of random people you play with. - Rissole25

Seriously, it makes me happy when I've had a good game with randoms, than in the top right corner pops up "______ wants to be your friend". Even if the players are a little bad, I still feel proud of myself, because someone views me as being a great player. Gives me endorphins haha! :lol:

QFT.

Also I thought I was pretty decent after the first time I played der riese and got to round 25 with no downs in a 4 man match :)

More recently though, the very same day I bought BO2 I played survival on town and found the easiest looping spot (between stamin up and the door to bank) and got to round 25 with 3 people (first game).

Based on my stats I would say I'm pretty damn good :lol:

But in all seriousness...I knew I was good when playing with my friends, making it to round 45 on Kino, and then clutching 5 more rounds to make it 50. That was like my 3rd or 4th game on BO since it first released? And then the damn leaderboard reset thing because of all the glitchers :evil:

Hmmm... I've made it to round 36 on moon before our group got bored and decided to help one of our party members get the shangri la Easter egg... And that was at 2 bar connection, spiking at 3... Four downs...

To truely tell your worth you have to factor in the difficulty of the map, the amount of connection,total players-including the ones who left or dropped out, the number of downs,and of course, the rounds survived.. Because getting to round 5 on kino with perfect connection is a lot worce then getting to round 2 with 1 bar... Or in five getting to round 10 is harder then getting to round 13 on moon.. And getting to round 30 with 14 downs is about as good as getting to round 16...

Weird is, my coop record, which was kinda taken today with hands on Moon, is a total opposite. I'm rather thinking "I suck" right now. Cause downs were, well, they were present.

Connections weren't great to be fair. I had 0 downs in this particular game until well past 40 so I'm proud of that. Not many downs by round 66, but... the ones that did occur, was just ready to give up at round 60 and stopped taking the game seriously :lol:

As for what makes me a good player... I'm an all rounder. One of the highest scoring solo players. One of the highest scoring No Man's Land players, constantly improving. High scores in co-op, 40+ on most maps, 50+ and even 60+ on a couple, most of these games were given up.

I've reecently also become an innovator in new and effective strategies. My most recent innovation being mastering the Recieving Bay on Moon, and today reaching 66 with Tom using the Recieving Bay, with not just 1, but 2 different tactics. Video to come soon ;)

Glad to see you here. I have really just got here. May do a long poat. My most boss thing was finding this damn place. :D

Wait! no I take it back... I KNEW I was in love with zombies when i first heard of the moon Easter egg back before hurricane irine hit my place and I was the only one in town with the new dlc: moon, and I became fascinated with the wonders of the odd realm of cod zombies, and I was DETERMINED to blow up the earth, I knew I was good 2 months later when I compleated the cotd Easter egg with randoms... I knew I was good when I got samanthia out of the pyramid on solo later that month... I knew I was skilled when I brought my team to the shangri la Easter egg with randoms three months from cotd... But I knew I was great when I compleated the entire moon Easter egg, along with cotd and shangri la Easter eggs, with randoms and 2 bar connection, one week after shangri la...

It was a good 5 months.... (until I realized the new zombies wouldn't be released until a year and a half later...)

When I killed myself on round 119 on SNN waw... Oh what? Anyone can do that because it is so easy? Fine, steal my thunder...

Seriously, when I was playing zombies with some random kids who were decent; one said 'why is your gamertag Unmazing? You are a zombie god".

I'm not as good now, but I'm getting my zombie legs back. But, blindness is one heck of a video game handicap!