You Knew You Were Good When...

"I knew I was a good player when I got to 36 on COTD with JamesZombiKiller, with only 3 downs on a 1-bar connection." ~Ehjookayted

Hopefully you guys can share some of your anecdotes. If you don't think you're good yet, then post what you'd like to be able to do that would give you that confidence to say, "I am a good zombies player."

This isn't meant to be cocky or flaunt skills, just to throw modesty aside for once, and be honest. We have some great players on this site, and while humility is nice, sometimes we just ask for compliments via denial. Am I right? 8-)

I'm just kidding. Let's share some stories and reminisce!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My definition of a good player on co-op is someone that knows how to play regardless of any situation and survive the target round with least amount of downs in a minimal time frame. If you are playing for fun then that's a different conversation but if you are trying to cut down time for your target round you definitely need to play safe and smart.

Below are the reasons that don't contribute anything how good a player is:

1. I have 30+ revives for a round 50 game.

2. I have1 million points in a round 50 game,

3. I got to round 50 one-two bar connection.

Instead

1. Get to your target round with least total downs.

2. Use all your points by the end of your target round, Don't spend too much time farming points.

3. Clutching the round in situations where you can't revive your partner in high rounds in any case.

I can go on with this points but I am at work at the moment so I will cut it short.

Thanks man!

Ha ha, glad to see you are in agreement Doggy. I miss playing with you.

This isn't meant to be cocky or flaunt skills, just to throw modesty aside for once, and be honest. We have some great players on this site, and while humility is nice, sometimes we just ask for compliments via denial. Am I right? 8-)

Ah, I feel stupid now Eye, my bad dude :lol:

My first day I survived 6 rounds and died trying to survive the hell hounds in kino. Next day same thing happened but I saw my brother clutch the game like a Boss, I thought he must be really good at this. After a week I was in random lobby and this guy carried me to round 20+ on kino. I saw him play the entire round by himself and I thought he was a God. I immediately determined I will be like him one day.

Thanks man!

Ha ha, glad to see you are in agreement Doggy. I miss playing with you.

I miss playing with you as well, my master.

I'm currently in a weird transitional stage of my zombie slaying career.

About a year ago I started to think I was 'good' at playing zombies.

And now I'm much better than before, by leaps and bounds.

However, this journey of progression has done more to humble me, than it has to boost my ego.

I'm proud of what I've accomplished. Yet the journey has given me greater perspective and respect for what I have yet to accomplish.

Gaming with guys the likes of SuperHands, Tom852, and IISteveII, has been a very humbling experience for me.

42 Ascension coop, June 2011. Oh yeah, I was asking myself if I'm pro now. The other game was the 100 on Ascension, that brought a similar feeling.

Weird is, my coop record, which was kinda taken today with hands on Moon, is a total opposite. I'm rather thinking "I suck" right now. Cause downs were, well, they were present.

Just want to complement you first Eye, this is an awesome topic idea :D

"I knew I was good when I made it to 30 no downs on every map (except nacht and dead ops) in solo, and when I hit 300 kills in NML" - shirtlesservice

Those of you who don't know me, the only reason that number isn't higher is because of time constraints, and fear of my PS3 blowing up :lol:

Weird is, my coop record, which was kinda taken today with hands on Moon, is a total opposite. I'm rather thinking "I suck" right now. Cause downs were, well, they were present.

Connections weren't great to be fair. I had 0 downs in this particular game until well past 40 so I'm proud of that. Not many downs by round 66, but... the ones that did occur, was just ready to give up at round 60 and stopped taking the game seriously :lol:

As for what makes me a good player... I'm an all rounder. One of the highest scoring solo players. One of the highest scoring No Man's Land players, constantly improving. High scores in co-op, 40+ on most maps, 50+ and even 60+ on a couple, most of these games were given up.

I've reecently also become an innovator in new and effective strategies. My most recent innovation being mastering the Recieving Bay on Moon, and today reaching 66 with Tom using the Recieving Bay, with not just 1, but 2 different tactics. Video to come soon ;)

Well I always though I was good and maybe one of the best until I got to 78 on shi no numa and had about 29 downs. I was just like....wow.....I will never let that happen again!!!!

Then a few months later........"I knew I was good and probably a top 5 player in the world when I pulled up the scoreboard on 70 on COTD and see 1 down".

I knew was good when I got 68 team revives and only 2 downs in a Kino Der Toten game.

Everyone else had 30+ downs, no lies.

Plus I carried my friends to round 30, no new record unfortunately, I also ended up killing my teammates mayybeee once or twice.

Or 10 times... by accident.