Perks and game changing

I see lots of topics about new perks which I really enjoy reading.

Something new melee related, be it wonder or new knife....maybe even perk related. I believe this would be too cool.

It's what I want when I think about a new perk.

However the thing I would like to see the most is more than 4 perks. Choice is ultimately never game changing on solo. It's always Juggs and QR, then flopper and stamina. Those are the only 4 that truly affect you in a physical sense in relation to your characters movements and the ability to save your own life.

Mule Kick is for some strategies, and in some cases game changing. It's generally making it easier though.

Speed is just because I love it, ditto for Double Tap. Unless of course you are camping.

Deadshot is nice for certain situations.

So 3 of the 9 perks are basically there to improve your fun rather than make a massive difference in the gameplay. Sure DT and Speed can make rounds faster.

So if they offer anything else it comes down to whether they want it to be game changing. At the minute the premise is the same, you can kill up to 40 sans wonder if you wish, then you need to trap and wonder. The perks make no difference to this.

Are they to introduce a perk which significantly changes this? Anything else they add is for more interesting ways to kill or do something.

Even the pro perks would not significantly change anything, however fast you run, switch guns, reload, aim, shoot, however much damage you can take it would still be the same situation at 40. They say an ammo perk would make you overpowered - people are already overpowered. Mid round box hits can be done on each and every map if you really really have to. It's a pain in the arse truly, but it's still being done.

Too many people have gotten to 100 now for anyone to believe that players are not overpowering the maps.

Maybe an ammo perk could work it if is limited to every other round past 60.

So what I would like to see added taking into account my feelings as stated above would be more than 4 perks. Earnt potentially, or bought at a high price. Challenge based would be a mini game option. Have 4 perks already, want speed? Complete some related challenge and be able to purchase it. Same for DT. Get 10 revives in co-op, hey have QR on us. Survive 20 rounds no Juggs, have it on us. Would certainly give a new way of doing things without changing the heart of what we love so much. It is sick to have all perks, even though you don't need 1/2 of them. It's just nice :D

Zombies has to always remain a game that 50 can be done in 3-4 hours, and 100 takes 15 plus. However hard a map seems with perks there is always going to be way to own it. This needs to stay. Some hard maps would be appreciated though.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as earning perks with in-game challenges, that kinda goes along with the whole ranking system idea a few of us have been throwing around constantly.

As far as zombies stands, right now, the way everything is and the way we know and love it is great. So, I understand how those who are against it, would normally be concerned, but ultimately zombies is about overdue of a REAL change of pace. Since day one, the good 'ol NDU days, zombies had continually just basically added more and more elements and items to each and every map that is available today. Which, granted, does keep things somewhat fresh and new, but when you back it up to the core foundation of zombies gameplay, it's the exact same routine. And since the Blops maps, really the ONLY thing that's an option to change it up somewhat, is buy expending most of your energy going for the EE reward in each map. Which again, same routine, different round.

So, I think of Treyarch implemented a ranking system purely for zombies in the next installment, the zombies franchise would be jump up in, well, awesomeness ten fold. And here's why exactly:

1. People generally play for keeps. People don't really think about it much, but a big part of why so many people are addicted to the multiplayer field of CoD is because they are continually gaining something. New weapons, XP, gear, etc. I know for a fact that I'd actually probably get fairly bored pretty quick with multiplayer, if I didn't have the satisfaction of always ranking up, always reaching a new level, accomplishing something more for myself and my profile, rather than just killing off other players all day, I'd probably stop playing much after the first couple months.

2. New ways to approach the field of zombies. Zombie fanatics such as ourselves, are constantly making goals and setting expectations, or handicapping ourselves to certain perks or weapons to mix things up a bit, challenge ourselves now and then rather than just following the same old routine we know will get us to that really high round. Well, what if you were also rewarded for said challenges? What if you unlocked something, earned a challenge worth 10k XP because you got to round 50 or 100? Or, unlocked attachments for a weapon you used for so many rounds or got so many kills for? The possibilities are endless. There are LOADS of challenges in multiplayer, I know for a fact I'd try all sorts of challenges more willingly if they meant something more than just for "shits and giggles".

And, here's the kicker folks, all this wouldn't tamper with zombies one bit. It would be still be the same old zombies, same old stuff, just with challenges and XP/Ranking system added. I've been so hyped up about this, I'm sure a lot of you have seen the ideal prestige badges I made up just for zombies that, as we speak, are working on implementing her into the medals system just for fun!

If you haven't already, I'd recommend watching some videos on "WaW Realism Mods", they are the closest thing to everything I have mentioned, and I think it would be great to have. And, of course, still have the option for the plain jane zombies we know and love. ;)

Whew... wow. that exploded into a lot more than what originally came to mind XD

As far as earning perks with in-game challenges, that kinda goes along with the whole ranking system idea a few of us have been throwing around constantly.

As far as zombies stands, right now, the way everything is and the way we know and love it is great. So, I understand how those who are against it, would normally be concerned, but ultimately zombies is about overdue of a REAL change of pace. Since day one, the good 'ol NDU days, zombies had continually just basically added more and more elements and items to each and every map that is available today. Which, granted, does keep things somewhat fresh and new, but when you back it up to the core foundation of zombies gameplay, it's the exact same routine. And since the Blops maps, really the ONLY thing that's an option to change it up somewhat, is buy expending most of your energy going for the EE reward in each map. Which again, same routine, different round.

So, I think of Treyarch implemented a ranking system purely for zombies in the next installment, the zombies franchise would be jump up in, well, awesomeness ten fold. And here's why exactly:

1. People generally play for keeps. People don't really think about it much, but a big part of why so many people are addicted to the multiplayer field of CoD is because they are continually gaining something. New weapons, XP, gear, etc. I know for a fact that I'd actually probably get fairly bored pretty quick with multiplayer, if I didn't have the satisfaction of always ranking up, always reaching a new level, accomplishing something more for myself and my profile, rather than just killing off other players all day, I'd probably stop playing much after the first couple months.

2. New ways to approach the field of zombies. Zombie fanatics such as ourselves, are constantly making goals and setting expectations, or handicapping ourselves to certain perks or weapons to mix things up a bit, challenge ourselves now and then rather than just following the same old routine we know will get us to that really high round. Well, what if you were also rewarded for said challenges? What if you unlocked something, earned a challenge worth 10k XP because you got to round 50 or 100? Or, unlocked attachments for a weapon you used for so many rounds or got so many kills for? The possibilities are endless. There are LOADS of challenges in multiplayer, I know for a fact I'd try all sorts of challenges more willingly if they meant something more than just for "shits and giggles".

And, here's the kicker folks, all this wouldn't tamper with zombies one bit. It would be still be the same old zombies, same old stuff, just with challenges and XP/Ranking system added. I've been so hyped up about this, I'm sure a lot of you have seen the ideal prestige badges I made up just for zombies that, as we speak, are working on implementing her into the medals system just for fun!

If you haven't already, I'd recommend watching some videos on "WaW Realism Mods", they are the closest thing to everything I have mentioned, and I think it would be great to have. And, of course, still have the option for the plain jane zombies we know and love. ;)

Whew... wow. that exploded into a lot more than what originally came to mind XD

i completely agree with ths as long as it doesn't become mw3 survival mode witch wasn't even survival just buying whatever gun you needed

Good post Undead xP, I completely agree with you on a ranking system and the addictiveness it brings to games. And challenf=gesare all well and goos if implimented in the same fashion as MP.

"And, here's the kicker folks, all this wouldn't tamper with zombies one bit." True it wouldn't nut I still WANT them to tamper and experiment, gameplay can be improved in many many ways, I think treyarch were lazy in this regard throughout BO.