What if there is customizable maps in zombies on consoles?

What if there is customizable maps feature that you can create any custom maps for zombies on consoles *Xbox 360 and PS3*. But only in private matches or solo matches. Would you like it? I know it is not possible in black ops 2 and this idea has been around for awhile.

For me, yes if they allow players to create any maps that you want from tiny to GIANT! It would be fun if you get bored. You get creative on creating maps but not in PC.

But I am not going to buy W@W PC game for custom maps. I don't like it. I prefer to do on console. Also, this can be a money making idea if treyarch added to the game which more players will buy the game for zombies. ;)

What is your opinions about it?

-Nathan169

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I know people keep crapping on about wanting a map editor, but I think its stupid.

Heres why,

Creating a (good) map on PC mod tools and radiant is very difficult and uses quite a detailed program. On consoles it would be dumbed down to the point of place walls here and windows here, it would lose the "zombie feel" as the maps would have very little charcter using cut and paste models.

People will just create a hall way funnel point that all the zombies come through and a raygun stuck on the wall. You would stand there firing and buying ammo, mowing down 1000's of zombies with no effort then think OK now I'm bored. Zombies will never be the same again, its akin to cheating on a RPG game, fun for 5 minutes but you've now completely spoiled the rest of the experiance.

This is the same as the (much more retarded) idea of "custom settings" for the exact same reason, you will be spoiled by simplicity and ruin the core game experiance.

I think you are slightly pessimistic ^^ I would hope people like CHAOS and JV come to counsle and work on maps, the things they have done on W@W are fairly legendary within the custom map community (myself included... Have you seen project X? Think moon... Now multiply it by 3) overall, I would be optimistic, people can do alot of cool stuff, even with a low data cap... Zombies mini games, or just mods rather than full maps, could be future possibilities, it all depends on whether or not treyarch allows it.

I say no until after the BO2 era is ended, otherwise there would be little point in playing treyarch's maps.

I agree, I am mostly meaning after a new wave of 3arc maps has passed. For instance, if treyarch had released mod tools in november or December of last year, it would have been perfect. Also, in relation to consoles, though I would be optimistic about custom maps, I would wait for the next-gen wave to come out next year (or the year after that, assuming infinity ward and sledgehammer do the next game, and since treyarch has the rights to zombies) if it meant I got better quality maps.

I think you are slightly pessimistic ^^ I would hope people like CHAOS and JV come to counsle and work on maps, the things they have done on W@W are fairly legendary within the custom map community (myself included... Have you seen project X? Think moon... Now multiply it by 3) overall, I would be optimistic, people can do alot of cool stuff, even with a low data cap... Zombies mini games, or just mods rather than full maps, could be future possibilities, it all depends on whether or not treyarch allows it.

^^This. Especially the part about project x and custom maps having potential. Project X is epic. Everytime I see a new gameplay of that map, I want it even more. I think treyarch could improve on them, but I like the idea that some guy somewhere made it. So I wouldn't want them to touch it. As for the tools and editing being built into the game, IDK. Leave the mods to their handywork. It would be cool if they gave console gamers an option to download the custom maps.(i know someone already mentioned this, but IDK who)

A map editor would probably be safe depending on it's availability, but even then, the idea is sketchy realistically. There's SO much that would have to go into it that it's not as easy as just throwing stuff together. It would be fairly basic and clunky I think. Plus there's honestly no need, really. At least on consoles.

I think custom maps should stay as they are to some extent. Make them on pc however you can download them on ps3/Xbox

I agree. Make it to where you can make them on pc but can download them on consoles. Merge the leaderboards but label each player for the console they were playing on. Maybe make it to where you can edit maps on consoles, like simply changing wall guns, moving them to whatever spot on the wall you want, moving box spawn and perks but not being able to make walls/buildings or anything of that sort.

I think they would look at the maps made on pc and make sure they arent like the maps that 3arc has made in the map packs so they would maybe have the same number of sales on the map packs. It wouldnt be a transfer from your computer to your console. It would be like a online database that they control and allow all custom maps on that can connect to pc and all other consoles. Kind of like the custom maps on Trials HD you can make a track and download your friends then play them.