Goals and high rounds

Here is a question I have been asked many times, "What is your goal from playing zombies?" More specifically "what are you trying to achieve at this point?" After watch another episode of Bay Watch, I realized I have none.

After months of battle with zombies, my skills (or lack of) have somewhat plateaued. I failed to have any kind of success on NML, I find solo games to be as boring as my wife, and the band of brothers I have are either moving on to other games or still camping in PAP room after 5 months. Co-op with new randoms are just miss or miss (read my other post for that), I find myself searching for a purpose.

When I first started playing I was shooting for high rounds. But realized the game becomes incredibly repetitive and boring after round 25. After spending 9 hours to round 38 on Five, I shared my enthusiasm with my boss, only to be told "who cares?" In a sense he is right, thousand have reach round 40, and unless you are going for world records I find playing 18+ hours to be ludicrous.

When I found Tom's videos my objectives changed. I realized there are still so many tips and tricks to be had. But the problem is that I have seen the looping guide hundreds of times, yet I still have trouble incorporating the different loops into my game play. After hundred of attempts on NML I find myself not getting any better, not even with Tom's help. (I wrote a separate post for that)

Please do not mistake this as hating zombies. I still play and still enjoy it, but I no longer have a goal. I dont go for high rounds, I play with randoms just to hit round 20, and I gave up on NML.

Just like real life we have goals we hope to reach, but what does a guy do if he already has a decent job, fun kids, and a boring wife? Unless I become a better moon walker than Michael Jackson I am completely without purpose.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just made a new record today on ascension and it was 38. How do you guys make it past 40? it baffles me. Anyway another challenge of mine is to reach 20000 points in the first room of any map with only the guns on walls and you must do it by round 10.(Ive only made it to about 16000 by round 10 in first room of kino.)

I play zombies to try to take leaderboards, I have only taken shi no numa once though but thats because I always get booted offline by ip booters before I can take a leaderboard. I can see why you dont try to go for high rounds if it took you 9 hours to get to 38 on five!?!!?!?!?? It doesnt even take me 2 hours to get to 40 on most maps. How could it even take you 9 hours to get to 38?!?!?! That would probably put me at about 60 on five. I really think I should make a video on how to get to high rounds fast.

I play zombies to try to take leaderboards, I have only taken shi no numa once though but thats because I always get booted offline by ip booters before I can take a leaderboard. I can see why you dont try to go for high rounds if it took you 9 hours to get to 38 on five!?!!?!?!?? It doesnt even take me 2 hours to get to 40 on most maps. How could it even take you 9 hours to get to 38?!?!?! That would probably put me at about 60 on five. I really think I should make a video on how to get to high rounds fast.

There are plenty of videos out there dude, and guides on this site. Some people don't want to follow a formulatic process - I just played a lot of COTD and running around in a single circle in the lighthouse is not my idea of fun.

With co-op: Hoarding 2 groups, combining and destroying, again gets boring pretty quick.

Then there is the fact that not everyone has the ability or confidence to do some of the co-op strats, regardless of how easy we may find them.

General zombies goals of mine are to get to round 100 on all of the Black Ops maps, excluding COTD and Nacht for obvious reasons. Ascension done multiple times, Kino done, Moon done yesterday. Der Riese, Verruckt and Shangri La attempts were looking very promising, but all runs were cut short at 80+ by errors.

Another goal is 350+ kills on NML, I'm slowly increasing my score bit by bit and I see it coming soon ;)

All of these goals are well in reach for me, just a matter of finding a suitable time to do them and the game treating me nicely ;)

As for co-op... I don't really have any goals for it, I just play it for fun. I've done 40+, 50+ or even 60+ on nearly all of the maps, and occasionally Tom and myself will just go for round 50 on a particular map on spur of the moment, but as I said co-op is just for fun.

-I'm hoping to hit 30-40 co op on any map

-50+ solo, the only thing stopping me is school and fear of my PS3 over heating

-320 on NML, which i will hit eventually, i just need to keep trying. I keep hitting close scores (295, 294, 290, 297 recently)

-2 mans land at some point, i think that would be pretty cool

like super, i feel all of these goals are fairly in reach, all it will take is time. With his strat, i think moon is actually in reach, especially with traping the astro ;) 8-) :twisted:

My goal is to meet some people. It is always fun to see some newbies, that make you rage. It is fun, to see others rage. It is fun to meet new friends, and and and.

I'm currently not following a strategic goal, but there is always some stuff coming up. For example I kinda would like to to 2ml again with hands or try the shangri (ak/mpl door closed) strategy and the moon recbay coop strategy and moon (11/recbay) 2ppl strategy, just stuff like this.

I'm currently not following a strategic goal, but there is always some stuff coming up. For example I kinda would like to to 2ml again with hands or try the shangri (ak/mpl door closed) strategy and the moon recbay coop strategy and moon (11/recbay) 2ppl strategy, just stuff like this.

Yeah, on that note I just wanna keep coming up with new and innovative strategies and stuff like I've been doing lately ;)

Pack-a-Punch every non-wonder weapon. Still missing the Python and CZ75.

Python to Cobra is completely insane. It is the only gun in zombies which no matter what map you are on or where you are on it that you can hear your teammate fire this beast.

I am going to steal Silentcrisis's format cuz it looks cleaner and much similar to what I want.

Goals:

Reach 50 on Kino, Ascension, Call of the dead, Moon, Shi No Numa and Der Riese. DONE

Reach round 115 SOLO on any map. DONE

Reach 50 on Verrukt *IN PROGRESS*

Reach 40 on Nacht and Dead Ops. *IN PROGRESS*

Reach 300 Kills on NML someday. *IN PROGRESS*

This might sound a little corny, but my goal (overall) is simply to have fun.

I have seen SOO many people just cry and rage about every single game they play. I will admit, I am not the best zombies player. I guess that is why I like to have fun more than anything.

But my point being, It IS just a game, if you set yourself to achieve all these things and not acheive, you will be greatly disappointed.

For example, over the summer I set myself to get to 15th prestige on BO MP. My account was then hacked and closed for 3 months, the whole summer. I never got to it, and quite frankly, I was EXTREMLY pissed off.

I know this is kinda useless, but what I am trying to say is, don't set yourself to something you wont achieve.

I have seen SOO many people just cry and rage about every single game they play. I will admit, I am not the best zombies player. I guess that is why I like to have fun more than anything.

But my point being, It IS just a game, if you set yourself to achieve all these things and not acheive, you will be greatly disappointed.

For example, over the summer I set myself to get to 15th prestige on BO MP. My account was then hacked and closed for 3 months, the whole summer. I never got to it, and quite frankly, I was EXTREMLY pissed off.

I know this is kinda useless, but what I am trying to say is, don't set yourself to something you wont achieve.

Could not agree more. Well said.

-1 Disagree completely.