What is making me really, really afraid...

I think Call of Duty Elite should allow you to be in a beta test if you are premium. Let's face it, multiplayer is always unbalanced for the first month, and zombie maps are stuffed with exploits. Keep in mind that the beta would be extremely limited if there was one. No easter eggs in the zombie maps, no charactor quotes, no new wonder weapon, new Pack-A-Punched guns wouldn't show their names, no achievements/trophies would be awarded or shown, only one map in multiplayer, and no level ups. (everything should be unlocked at the start, if the last gun was OP nobody would know until a week into the game)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listen, Elite is an Infinity Ward thing. Who says Treyarch is going to use it?

Already been confirmed :/

I get "a fry ad"ded to every hamburger I order. (title joke) :?
Now, if they came out with a separate subscription all together, a Zombies Elite type deal, with extra stuff such as additional character quotes, behind the scenes developmental clips, and perhaps even new aspects of the game itself like an ability to level up and prestige or weapon packs for the maps, then yes, I'd be glad to pay for that. Because that is what I—we—would want. Nothing would make me happier than to see Zombies get the attention it truly deserves.

Genius. This is a great idea. If they did this it could open up a whole new world of Zombies. All the zombies fans could get exactly what they want without all the MP stuff and vice versa. Treyarch could offer a MP Elite and a Zombies Elite. You could either subscribe to one or both. Price wise Zombies Elite should be cheaper and the maps should come like every other month so Treyarch has time to make a great quality maps. I hope they see this thread so they don't ruin zombies for everyone.

YEEEESSSS! this is amazing guys. No joke. Great idea.

I would pay for that.

4 map packs for Blops=$60

4 map packs for MW3=$60

Elite sub gets all map packs=$50

What exactly are you guys complaining about? :lol: if you guys think Elite will be scrapped you are fooling yourselves.

I'll re-up for next years elite because I like saving $10 and I know I'll get all the mappacks eitherway (if it's 3Arc's)

So the complaint is that I'll get the new zombie maps before you and save $10. Seems to be a case of you get what you pay for. :roll:

When Blops came out I knew the included co-op maps for hardened would be the classic zombie maps so I bought it. Was that unfair to those who had to wait for the last map pack before they could play them? No it wasn't just as there is nothing wrong with those who buy the hardened edition/Elite bundle getting their maps early. But have fun with your petition and fighting the evil Activision monster :facepalm: .

Oh god, all the stupid elite kids will have the maps before us! They're then going to flood the forum with their crap. :cry: (who said they havent already ;) )

Why don't you keep your opinions to yourself "stupid elite" kids could take offense and considering you just joined less than a month ago one could easily make a comment about "stupid newbs posting their crap"

4 map packs for MW3=$60

What exactly are you guys complaining about? :lol: if you guys think Elite will be scrapped you are fooling yourselves.

I'll re-up for next years elite because I like saving $10 and I know I'll get all the mappacks eitherway (if it's 3Arc's)

So the complaint is that I'll get the new zombie maps before you and save $10. Seems to be a case of you get what you pay for. :roll:

When Blops came out I knew the included co-op maps for hardened would be the classic zombie maps so I bought it. Was that unfair to those who had to wait for the last map pack before they could play them? No it wasn't just as there is nothing wrong with those who buy the hardened edition/Elite bundle getting their maps early. But have fun with your petition and fighting the evil Activision monster :facepalm: .

Did you even READ half the comments? What makes Elite unfair to begin with IS because Elite Subscribers will more than likely get the maps (zombies maps included) a lot earlier that non-subscribers. Why? Because zombies is more than just some map, each one is essential to discovering more about the storyline and all that, so if people are posting all the latest theories and EE's left and right, it makes unfair for those who don't wanna pay and extra 50 bucks for one game. ONE game, where as that same amount will pay for an entire year of XBL to play anything with ALL its content avialable to EVERYONE. And that's besides the point, Treyarch has always been super confidential with the zombies content, if they are released just like the multiplayer maps with Elite, it would completely ruin the anticipated hype and excitement prior to each map release for the zombies community.

Also, Elite is a Subscription, and what do you have to do with any subscription to keep your deal? Renew it once it expires. Therefore, unless you ONLY plan to play the next game for a year, you'll have to turn around and dump another 50 bucks into Elite. I don't know about you guys, but I'd rather pay for something once, and have it be official, that basically be making payments to slay zombies well after the next season... because I for one, don't think I'll ever waste that kind of money on IW installments anyways, I loved Treyarch's installments more well before I even knew about zombies.

Oh god, all the stupid elite kids will have the maps before us! They're then going to flood the forum with their crap. :cry: (who said they havent already ;) )

Why don't you keep your opinions to yourself "stupid elite" kids could take offense and considering you just joined less than a month ago one could easily make a comment about "stupid newbs posting their crap"

Chill man we were all new once.

But Jason Lives does make an extremely strong point, which is pretty much impossible to deny IMO. The fact is you're gonna spend at least $60 if you buy the 4 map packs seperately (at $15 a pack). Now I know for a fact 99% of the members here will be purchasing all 4 packs simply for the zombie maps. So you pretty much know you're gonna spend the money on it one way or the other.

So what sounds better? Paying $50 for all the maps w/ Elite, or paying $60 for all the maps with map packs? The choice is obvious. At least that's the way I see it. I don't have Elite by the way, but I do plan on purchasing it before BO2.

I understand the feelings on the matter, but really it's no worse than PS3 players having to wait and extra month and no Xbox users seemed to have a problem with that. So basically what I'm saying is fair left the building when Xbox paid for the exclusive rights.

But, yes if I cancel my Sub I still keep all the maps I got while being a subscriber, I lose nothing. So my plan is to re-up the elite for Blops2 and let it expire for the MW/IW iteration (unless they step up their co-op modes considerably).

@OstonedshooterO

As far as the newb comment. I was new at one time, but I would never call a whole section of our community "stupid" for any reason, let alone because they spent their own hard earned money on something they felt was worth it. I was just trying to let the new guy know that type of reply should not be posted or tolerated by community members in good standing.

As for my feeling on Elite: aside from the discounted maps I feel it's worthless, but from an economic standpoint it just makes sense.

Did you even READ half the comments? What makes Elite unfair to begin with IS because Elite Subscribers will more than likely get the maps (zombies maps included) a lot earlier that non-subscribers. Why? Because zombies is more than just some map, each one is essential to discovering more about the storyline and all that, so if people are posting all the latest theories and EE's left and right, it makes unfair for those who don't wanna pay and extra 50 bucks for one game. ONE game, where as that same amount will pay for an entire year of XBL to play anything with ALL its content avialable to EVERYONE. And that's besides the point, Treyarch has always been super confidential with the zombies content, if they are released just like the multiplayer maps with Elite, it would completely ruin the anticipated hype and excitement prior to each map release for the zombies community.

Also, Elite is a Subscription, and what do you have to do with any subscription to keep your deal? Renew it once it expires. Therefore, unless you ONLY plan to play the next game for a year, you'll have to turn around and dump another 50 bucks into Elite. I don't know about you guys, but I'd rather pay for something once, and have it be official, that basically be making payments to slay zombies well after the next season... because I for one, don't think I'll ever waste that kind of money on IW installments anyways, I loved Treyarch's installments more well before I even knew about zombies.

What would be the difference if it was someone on PS3 and they get it a month later than what the Original release of said DLC is? Just like with Black ops PS3 players will get the DLC at a later point in time. Getting the Zombie Maps sooner sounds better then getting them later... You say "it makes unfair for those who don't wanna pay and extra 50 bucks for one game" Well if that said person loves zombies and is getting the Maps anyway why not 1 get them sooner and 2 get them for cheaper. Its a simple concept really, you are getting to upset by the fact that people like yourself who dont like the idea of Elite wont get the map packs as early as the person who has Elite. I understand your frustration with Elite no doubt but it is how it is, just get it for SAM :) She wants you to play with her ;)

Like jason said in the comment above me,

What makes Elite unfair to begin with IS because Elite Subscribers will more than likely get the maps (zombies maps included) a lot earlier that non-subscribers. Why? Because zombies is more than just some map, each one is essential to discovering more about the storyline and all that, so if people are posting all the latest theories and EE's left and right, it makes unfair for those who don't wanna pay and extra 50 bucks for one game.

A few years ago there would've been a sentence similar to that but with the bold words replaced with either PS3 or xbox. PS3 have had to wait 1 month after xbox for the maps since cod4 i think, and yes its only a month and now it would be about 2-4 months for non premium subscribers but PS3 users had near to no input on the microsoft contract effecting there DLC at all. Atleast xbox users have a choice to get them early or not. If you chose not to get elite premium then thats your choice, pointless moaning about it when technically elite premium is better if your planning on buying all 4+ map packs.

I dont have elite premium for MW3 because im not wanting the DLC, but for blops2 i will get it.

Nowadays if you want DLC your best option is elite premium. Im prepared to pay £35 extra for DLC instead of paying around £45 for all 4 map packs seperately.

And yes, Elite premium is BS. But like the Microsoft contract, theres nothing we can do about it.

And someone has just posted something while im writing this, apologies if its the same :lol:

Now now. Lets not bicker. Jason Lives said it best. Im not gonna quote cause you wrote a lot. My feeling is this:

YOU ARE NOT"paying an extra $50 for one game" by buying ELITE. YOU ARE paying an extra $10 and cheating yourself out of essentially "free" stats and community games (such as tournaments) by not buying it.

The theory that you want to "pick and choose" doesn't really work either. I'm sure Treyarch will make more than two "buyable" "fun" maps. Meaning you would still pay $45 for WAAAAY less DLC and stats than you would have got for $50.

Did I buy ELITE for MW3? No. Will I buy it for BLOPS2? H*ll Yes! Leaked info and easter egg walkthroughs are only found if you look for it. If you absolutely are not going to buy ELITE, don't spoil it for YOURSELF. DON'T LOOK UP INFO ON THE MAP. Leave it be and scour over the trailers trying to find something. If you would like to join the rest of us in actually playing the map, and paying less for more, Buy ELITE.

NUFF SAID.

To comment on the whole PS3 vs. 360 bits, there's no way around that because Microsoft/Activision have the initial rights to the CoD series, therefore they have it first. Just like how the 360 AND PS3 have their own exclusive games that aren't available for the other console. Yes it sucks, that's always be a frustration. However the biggest thing I cannot stress is that with Elite, you get the maps fairly quickly, and that completely ruins the anticipated hype. Because instead of knowing about a map pack that is about to be released, seeing the epic trailer for the next zombies map, everyone getting all excited and posting their thories and findings all at the same time; we're now going to have half the community going "Saw that. Seen it. Nothing new. Old..." etc. Because they have had it for an even extra month earlier than everyone else.

Is CoD Elite will probably destroy zombies. I know it will be a part of it, but like, I mean by getting the maps early kind of thing. It's unfortunate Treyarch has to have the Call of Duty label over their zombies, so people just throw it in with the pile of trash everyone labels CoD for. Zombies is a masterpiece, I know I'm never paying for the gimmick that Elite is, although some people have found enjoyment and usefulness out of it. I've put up with the 15 dollar map packs, but Elite will just ruin it for me. PS3 people, I'll just wait for when you guys get it.

Edit: I have apparently spoken for a lot of people. Neat.

Edit 2: It's every internet goers dream to not directly start a petition! Let's do it!

Why are you complaining about zombies being in Call of Duty? Sure, COD is repetitive, but it's still a fun game. Zombies is a plus. An only zombies game would be a waste of money. I'd prefer to have the complete package than to have just zombies. And seriously, who cares if people get map packs early? They pay for it, so let them have their maps. Elite might be a scam, but it's already there.

All and all, Elite won't destroy zombies. It won't make them better, but it won't destroy them. The gameplay will still be the same, but those who don't have elite will have to be more patient to get the maps. It's not like as if the world was going to end if you don't get map packs early.

- Emperor Doggy II

4 map packs for MW3=$60

This.

Rep'd