What is making me really, really afraid...

Is CoD Elite will probably destroy zombies. I know it will be a part of it, but like, I mean by getting the maps early kind of thing. It's unfortunate Treyarch has to have the Call of Duty label over their zombies, so people just throw it in with the pile of trash everyone labels CoD for. Zombies is a masterpiece, I know I'm never paying for the gimmick that Elite is, although some people have found enjoyment and usefulness out of it. I've put up with the 15 dollar map packs, but Elite will just ruin it for me. PS3 people, I'll just wait for when you guys get it.

Edit: I have apparently spoken for a lot of people. Neat.

Edit 2: It's every internet goers dream to not directly start a petition! Let's do it!

Edit 3: Oh dear, it seems I have inadvertently started a flame war. Woops. Now that crappy college humor song is stuck in my head. Ah well.

Main beef with it for me is on a personal level. I just don't want to/can't pay for this whole thing about CoD, that I don't even care for all too much, when I only want zombies from it. I guess I'll cross that bridge when I come to it, but for now I guess I will still be in fear. Good points from both sides here.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CoD elite is the biggest hunk of crap to ever come out of the Call of Duty series. And luckily for us, MOST people actually agree. Treyarch are famous for being one of the best, if not THE best, at listening to their fanbase. If more than 80% of the fan base are screaming for them to scrap CoD elite and go back to the classic map pack system, then that is what they will do. Either that or they will make something new that will probably be much improved on CoD Elite.

Obviously we will still have Xbox getting priority over PS3 in terms of when they get the map packs, but that is because of Activisions douchebaggery and there is unfortunately nothing Treyarch can do about it. Honestly I don't even know why Microsoft bothered to do it. 90% of Xbox users would actually prefer PS3 users to get the maps at the same time so that they can actually have discussions, and speculate TOGETHER, rather than having to hold back so that they don't ruin the surprise for PS3 users.

Okay, I've rambled a bit. To conclude, CoD Elite will probably not make a return in Black Ops 2, and will will most likely either see the return of the map pack system, or something new entirely! Also, Microsoft and Activision are selfish Douchebags that only care about money and nothing about the people that use their products, or anyone else for that matter.

Never fear my friend, have faith in Treyarch's game making abilities! I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that whatever Treyarch do, it will be EPIC! Happy slaying my friend ;)

-Jolteon

You know they will. There's no doubt about it. And it frustrates the hell out of me because I don't wanna hear all about the new zombies stuff and have it all be spoiled just because I don't wanna spend and extra 50 bucks a year for one game... ONE GAME! seriously? 50 bucks pays for XBL for a year, to play ANYTHING. But nope, If I wanna spoil all the anticipation and excitement early, I'd better cough of 50 more.

OKAY, DEAL! *fake grin*

Ah crap, if I have to WAIT for zombie maps because of cod elite, That's it for me, I'm going back to halo because even though the map packs are crap, they ARE ethically sold unlike the sham that is cod elite. WHO BUYS A SUBSCRIPTION TO MAP PACKS?!?! WTF!?!?

If Zombies becomes part of Elite then I will rage so badly. It may work for Multiplayer maps and such, but Zombies too? Unfortunately I can see how it is going to be done. Every month will be a couple of Multiplayer maps, and then every few months you will get a Zombie map too. I'm gonna have to say it now, it will ruin Zombies, and we may never see it again after Black Ops Two. So many people don't like CoD Elite, and most wish they never bought it, so if they bring it back then it WON'T do well at all! Hence, less money being made, and of course Activision will blame Treyarch and say it is because Zombies has 'gone stale' and needs to be replaced. Perhaps we need to make Treyarch aware that barely anyone wants Elite back? It worked with Zombies. The community told them we wanted more, and more we got! Perhaps there is a way for us to do something similar to let Treyarch know that we don't want to see the return of Elite? It's a long shot, and of course it is based from hypothetical scenarios, but surely we should still try? For Zombies? Let me know if you agree.

-Jolteon

As a PS3 player I share your thoughts.

Only just today, PS3 Elite members got that MW3 Content Pack 2, while Non-Elite Xbox members got Content Collection 1 (which contains CP 1, 2 and 3) about a week or two ago. Seriously, what kind of bullshit is that? I hate this contract they have with Microsoft, but they at least could've made Elite players equal across all systems. So disrespectful.

Activision won't let Elite go. No, they will keep it up and try to get everyone to buy it. They've put money into it, so why only have it up for one year? I have no doubt it will be involved in Multiplayer, but for Zombies? I'm unsure.

I have a feeling though it will be affected by it though. Copy MW3; release 2 maps, than another one, than another one plus two zombie maps. I really hope it does not come to that, and Zombies is unaffected by Elite.

Someone should get in contact with Carbon and let him know so he can tell Treyarch Elite sucks.

Elite is not really the problem, its the microsoft exclusive contract that ruins the current dlc format. I only shelled out an extra 15 bucks for the hardened edition and am recieving monthly content that if the game wasnt so horrible to play, would actually quite enjoy. Sure the elite launch was BS and it still isnt very useful (stat tracking is a waste of time), im still getting content every month that extends the playability (assuming i was still playing it). While im not 100% about elite 2.0, i will wait to weigh up the pros and cons before renewing my subcription.... I will give it some serious thought after all i paid alot more than $15 for all of the blops dlc (pretty much the price of the game again) and i had to wait 3 months for the next map pack.

BTW... Im not a elite or mw3 fanboy, im just calling it how i see it.

Getting in touch with Carbon isn't actually a bad idea. Maybe we could make a thread with sort of like a petition and then get Covert to contact him about it? Treyarch has always paid attention to this site, and I think it is our best hope of having Zombies unnaffected by the horror that is COD Elite! Anyone else with me on this?

-Jolteon

I wouldn't buy the maps if it came out through Elite.

Shoot, I would say that we boycott Elite if Zombie maps are released through that piece of crap system. What would they offer us that would be remotely helpful to our game? Weapon stats? Perk breakdowns? Everything they could possibly offer I could find on this site—for free.

Now, if they came out with a separate subscription all together, a Zombies Elite type deal, with extra stuff such as additional character quotes, behind the scenes developmental clips, and perhaps even new aspects of the game itself like an ability to level up and prestige or weapon packs for the maps, then yes, I'd be glad to pay for that. Because that is what I—we—would want. Nothing would make me happier than to see Zombies get the attention it truly deserves.

But until then, no. I wouldn't buy Elite just to get a map early. It's not worth it. I'd be giving into their ploy for more money. Thanks, but no thanks.

The only way around this is if Treyarch makes it so the only maps Elite Subscribers get early are the multiplayer maps, and make the zombies maps available for everyone at the same time. Honestly, I'd say that's only fair. I mean hell, Treyarch is keen on keeping all the zombies stuff as confidential as possible, if the community is practically begging them to keep it that way and doesn't want them to ruin the hype and surprise for the non-subscribers, it's the least they could do...

Activision are a business. They have the shareholders best interests to worry about, the consumer comes second. Thats how the have become the mega corperation they are today. It's only developers that care about their IPs (Activision dont mind if cod's sales decrease as long as they still make a bucket load of coin each release). Lets admit it this isnt the first franchise to be exploited by it's publisher, even IW started because a few members of the team that made Medal of honour (yes thats how you spell it, here atleast) left to find a better contract and thats how COD was born.

Now, if they came out with a separate subscription all together, a Zombies Elite type deal, with extra stuff such as additional character quotes, behind the scenes developmental clips, and perhaps even new aspects of the game itself like an ability to level up and prestige or weapon packs for the maps, then yes, I'd be glad to pay for that. Because that is what I—we—would want. Nothing would make me happier than to see Zombies get the attention it truly deserves.

Genius. This is a great idea. If they did this it could open up a whole new world of Zombies. All the zombies fans could get exactly what they want without all the MP stuff and vice versa. Treyarch could offer a MP Elite and a Zombies Elite. You could either subscribe to one or both. Price wise Zombies Elite should be cheaper and the maps should come like every other month so Treyarch has time to make a great quality maps. I hope they see this thread so they don't ruin zombies for everyone.

Genius. This is a great idea. If they did this it could open up a whole new world of Zombies. All the zombies fans could get exactly what they want without all the MP stuff and vice versa. Treyarch could offer a MP Elite and a Zombies Elite. You could either subscribe to one or both. Price wise Zombies Elite should be cheaper and the maps should come like every other month so Treyarch has time to make a great quality maps. I hope they see this thread so they don't ruin zombies for everyone.

YEEEESSSS! this is amazing guys. No joke. Great idea.

I personally like COD Elite....it's too costly though. Maybe $20-30 would have made me love it instead of like it.

I'd love to see more multiplayer/zombies map packs but if they need to push out zombies maps every month or two then I'm not going to like it- why? Because the quality of the maps will probably be shit.

Activision are a business. They have the shareholders best interests to worry about, the consumer comes second. Thats how the have become the mega corperation they are today. It's only developers that care about their IPs (Activision dont mind if cod's sales decrease as long as they still make a bucket load of coin each release). Lets admit it this isnt the first franchise to be exploited by it's publisher, even IW started because a few members of the team that made Medal of honour (yes thats how you spell it, here atleast) left to find a better contract and thats how COD was born.
Aye, but if enough people are unhappy about it and they are losing money, then they also won't hesitate to fix the problem. If the Elite subscription tampers with zombies or basically ruins it for non-subscribers, and enough people complain, they WILL fix it.

Plus, I'd imagine Treyarch would see to having things been more "fair" with the zombies portion anyways.