MOON Map Is Astronomically Incorrect..

LILNIG

When your on the moon you should not be able to see any stars..

and the only reason we can see stars from earth is our atmosphere..

in space in general or on the moon you wouldnt see them..

FYI to everyone ;) now you learned a little something about astronomy.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are lots of things about this map that make it unrealistic, e.g. you need oxygen to fire a gun. But this game is unrealistic in general, I mean how can you just run in a figure of 8 in a 20ftx20ft area with 20+ zombies chasing you and expect to live in real life? That's where the fun comes from :D

That's misinformation on your part. The Earth's atmosphere actually obscures our vision of some stars.

There is a reason why Hubble Space Telescope is placed in space

2XY5ExzlIOY

and now you've learned a little something about astronomy...

Ah as mix said this is incorrect... Stars emit visible light and so it is viewable anywhere. Did you mean that the stars twinkle on Earth due to our atmosphere distorting them and so they don't distort in space and on the Moon? A level in Astronomy.. the more you know :)

What is making you say that you can't see stars? I don't understand why you would think you can't. If the Earth's atmosphere is what makes us able to see visible light, then go on a plane, you're practically blind. Go into outer-space, then you are 100% blind, I'm pretty sure that's not how it works. I've been on enough planes to know that.

If we were, how could we be typing? ;)

Creative though. I will give you that. However keep in mind that what you say may offend others, so please watch yourself a little more.

My response to the thread itself:

So yes, it is possible that the moon map has an astronomically incorrect backdrop, but not in the way you suggested.

Jeez you guys are a bunch of feminine hygiene products :D

Please don't take that tone. if you have a problem with being corrected when wrong, do some research before you post.

So sorry next time i'll include a thesis statement with the information i deliver...

I'm locking this; @LILNIG, if you are going to post something like this, then you NEED to make sure you know what you are talking about, you obviously didn't this time. If research is what it takes, then do it, there's no reason to take that attitude. Try to keep attitudes like that out of posting; or else the topic will get locked like this.