Carnival (New map idea)

Yeah, the plan would be to have carnie zombies mixed with civilian like zombies. With the strongman idea were you thinking of like an intergrated zombie, special round zombie or kind of like a George Romero figure from CotD?

Well i dont think it would be strong enough for its own round so maybe like every 5-6 rounds it would come during a normal round and drop and perk or max ammo.

well instead of it only coming every 5-6 rounds like dog rounds it could be a little tougher to kill and do a little less damage and it could be in every round like the cosmonaught or George in CotD since George drops a perk and death machine/wunderwaffe. Like the whole idea! Always thought a carnival/circus would be a great map! I think the layout should possibly be kind of like shi no numa with maybe a hugs circus tent in the middle with the branches extending out to other parts of the map and maybe connect them with the different carnival rides. Maybe instead of a "strong man zombie" if you're in the circus tent have a ring master just like in a real circus. I don't really have any ideas of what he would do to you. Maybe he would grab a hold of the player and teleport them into a cage or something and they are stuck in there till the trapped player could maybe do some form of task in the cage or till the other players kill the ring master take a key from him or find the key somewhere and go unlock the cage to free the trapped players

I'm digging the ringmaster idea. The cage idea is pretty interesting. The idea of temporarily removing a player could completely shift the focus of the game from survival to rescue. I love it.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and I just had an idea, instead of a normal cage with bars like a jail cell, it would be some kind of electric barrier or something and they would have to find something to cut the power off to it or something. Which with the cage having some form of barrier that you cant walk through or shoot through, it might help them come up with an idea to go along with the EE, maybe it would be some kind of strange power source or something. Im not sure if you've played Halo, but a barrier similar to the barriers on there that you can walk through but you cant drive a vehicle or shoot through. Except it would have to keep people from walking through, just threw the halo thing in there to give you a better visual of exactly what kind of BARRIER. I made this part up off the top of my head but most of the carnival would be destroyed from the moon EE so only a few of the rides would work obviously and maybe the nuclear bombs could have reacted with some form of element or something and made it into some kind of energy source. Maybe even element 115 or some other kind of element that the test groups could have been working with. Which could also bring up another idea for a new wonder weapon. Maybe a new weapon for the map could be a gun or a grenade that puts a big bubble around zombies withing 10 yards of the impact point and the bubble could like implode, kind of like if a star were to die but on a smaller scale, and after it implodes it could emit a bright light/flash temporarily blinding players that are looking at it and then after the light it explodes sending zombie limbs flying everywhere. The wonder weapon idea right there was 100% right off the top of my head. and you're post before this was talking about the location of the carnival, I think it should be in Chernobyl, Ukraine like someone else said. If you've played CoD4 you know what happened there and everything. Chernobyl would be a great theme as there were thousands of people that died and there was a nuclear fallout there so lots of stuff is contaminated with the radiation which might make you have to wear a mask or something like you had to have the PES for moon. Well I think ive made this post a little long and I dont have any other ideas at the time but theres everything I got lol

Also, I'm fairly new to this forum. If you like my additions to your map idea and could spare some. I wouldn't mind a brain or two! ;) Just saying, you don't have to if you dont want to.

and I just had an idea, instead of a normal cage with bars like a jail cell, it would be some kind of electric barrier or something and they would have to find something to cut the power off to it or something. Which with the cage having some form of barrier that you cant walk through or shoot through, it might help them come up with an idea to go along with the EE, maybe it would be some kind of strange power source or something. Im not sure if you've played Halo, but a barrier similar to the barriers on there that you can walk through but you cant drive a vehicle or shoot through. Except it would have to keep people from walking through, just threw the halo thing in there to give you a better visual of exactly what kind of BARRIER. I made this part up off the top of my head but most of the carnival would be destroyed from the moon EE so only a few of the rides would work obviously and maybe the nuclear bombs could have reacted with some form of element or something and made it into some kind of energy source. Maybe even element 115 or some other kind of element that the test groups could have been working with. Which could also bring up another idea for a new wonder weapon. Maybe a new weapon for the map could be a gun or a grenade that puts a big bubble around zombies withing 10 yards of the impact point and the bubble could like implode, kind of like if a star were to die but on a smaller scale, and after it implodes it could emit a bright light/flash temporarily blinding players that are looking at it and then after the light it explodes sending zombie limbs flying everywhere. The wonder weapon idea right there was 100% right off the top of my head. and you're post before this was talking about the location of the carnival, I think it should be in Chernobyl, Ukraine like someone else said. If you've played CoD4 you know what happened there and everything. Chernobyl would be a great theme as there were thousands of people that died and there was a nuclear fallout there so lots of stuff is contaminated with the radiation which might make you have to wear a mask or something like you had to have the PES for moon. Well I think ive made this post a little long and I dont have any other ideas at the time but theres everything I got lol

Also, I'm fairly new to this forum. If you like my additions to your map idea and could spare some. I wouldn't mind a brain or two! ;) Just saying, you don't have to if you dont want to.

Im basing the map off the idea that either there's new characters and what they do happens simutaneously with the original four or the original four went back in time. However if the storyline takes the gang back to earth after it's destruction then it would make sense to have it destroyed. The barrier idea isn't bad and I really do like the idea of Chernobyl, lots of other people have suggested it aswell. Btw here, [brains]

Oh, okay. I figured since this would be in the next game it would be after moon, but I guess simultaneously could be cool too. Maybe it could even add an extra twist/turn in the game. Since its happening at the same time, like at round 30 or something higher than most zombie players get to (not counting the amazing zombie players) lol maybe they could add in the moon EE and make it to where the players have to do something to stop from being murdered by the rockets. Or we could leave that idea for a new map and have it set somewhere like a military facility where they have computer rooms to control rockets and the players have like 10 minutes as soon as round 30 starts to go find certain items or switches or something. Thanks a lot for the brains. BTW, what did you think of my wonder weapon idea for your map Carnival?

Oh, okay. I figured since this would be in the next game it would be after moon, but I guess simultaneously could be cool too. Maybe it could even add an extra twist/turn in the game. Since its happening at the same time, like at round 30 or something higher than most zombie players get to (not counting the amazing zombie players) lol maybe they could add in the moon EE and make it to where the players have to do something to stop from being murdered by the rockets. Or we could leave that idea for a new map and have it set somewhere like a military facility where they have computer rooms to control rockets and the players have like 10 minutes as soon as round 30 starts to go find certain items or switches or something. Thanks a lot for the brains. BTW, what did you think of my wonder weapon idea for your map Carnival?

Not bad altough I think it should be an armable weapon, you set it up and activate it just like C4. The idea however with the rockets is good but it should only happen on the last map and should be part of the easter egg.

• 2 weeks later...

i made a similar post before i was shown this one but they shood make your idea with few more things...

i liked the halls of mirrors idea tho forsure it would be cool to see all the zombies in front of you being able to

only hit select ones .have all the rides be escapes from zombies you open up rollar coaster similar to the

mine shaft in shangri la have the farris wheel spin so you ride it around and shoot or

a test your strength machine an when you use it u get a random perk or 2x or insta kill

or sumthin , then you could have doors leading into tents and funhouses you can hold off

in and have pack a punch in the big top turn the 3 switches to turn on the lights over the

3 rings on the floor an have the machine be center ring and for the boss it would be a

ring master similar to the scientist but instead of taking your gun he releases flaming

lions or monkeys but the animals dont stop spawning until you kill the ringmaster

collecting the max ammo.....

a test your strength machine an when you use it u get a random perk or 2x or insta kill

or sumthin

I wanna talk about this. I honestly really like this idea, how would it work is my question? I was thinking you would need to gather specific parts or use the strongman that was mentioned earlier, but if you were gonna take that route then they would have to remove the dropped max ammo after defeating the strongman. That's just my idea, i'd like to hear more though.

If this idea happened, it would make sense to not have the original characters, it could have like an opening video (like Call of the Dead) where people see the missiles heading for the Earth whilst at the Carnival, a lot of the people die and only 4 survive, and these people are random survivors. Then the next map could have the original characters back.

I really like this map idea, it would be great fun and you deserve brains for creativity my friend.

-HH

What zombies needs is less special zombies and less objective type things like the ride thing you described. Think back to the basicness of Nacht and Verruckt and Shi No Numa and DR. That's WHAT Treyarch should be aiming to go back to. Not making the game into a copy cat of Left for Dead.

But as far as carnivals go, the map itself would be pretty sick. Maybe they could use Zoo as model?

They wouldnt have to remove the max ammo after killing the strongman as most bosses drop 2 power ups. so it would give the perks if you get him to hit it and the max ammo but not a death machine or a special weapon like george. You could also instead of having the PaP somewhere on the ground, have a platform at the very top of the ferris wheel and give the player 90 seconds or 120 seconds to PaP whatever weapons they want. They can also shoot zombies from up there but the zombies can crawl up. Maybe have an alarm or something go off when they only have 10 seconds left and any players left on the platform either get stuck up there not able to help their teammates or launched across the map to a tight fit area where its hard to dodge zombies. I dont have anymore ideas at the moment so ill comment later if I think of anything else.

• 5 weeks later...